Surin Travel Answers

change location

BAAN CHAYNA (SURIN BEACH, PHUKET) HOW TO

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 1:55 AM

A spur of the moment decision to fly to Phuket next month (April 2013) with my 13 yr old daughter, a weekend getaway if I may say and an advance birthday gift for her. It was a preference to stay a little bit farther away from the crowd in Patong Beach, I was actually hoping we can get a hotel in Karon/Kata area, but next thing I know I was already booking BAAN CHAYNA HOTEL/RESORT which is located in SURIN BEACH. I know nothing about the place and so as most of my friends who’s gone through a Phuket trip as most of them stayed in either Patong or Kata areas.

Has anyone of you stayed in this hotel before? They have good reviews, that I know, but I am more worried about transfers to and fro, how accessible is the place to where the piers are to start off the island tours? It was a bit of a challenge to do research online as most of the tourists sharing their experiences mostly stayed in the most commonly known tourist areas (Patong/Kata/Karon) and not Surin. HELP!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • andie_c's Profile Photo

Re: BAAN CHAYNA (SURIN BEACH, PHUKET) HOW TO

by andie_c Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Hi I don't think you should worry too much. You have chosen an ideal little part of Phuket. I haven't stayed at the hotel you have mentioned, I have stayed at the Sun Prime Resort at Kamala just a short distance down the road. Surin, Kamala and Karon are all basically the same, nice and quite compared to Patong. They all have beautiful swimming beaches and night and day markets. I"m sure your hotel will provide a shuttle bus to Patong should you want to experience all it has to offer. Usually the shuttle buses drop people off at the Lotus shopping centre which is basically center of town. You can walk everywhere from there.
    As for Island access I have only island hopped from Phuket town Pier where you catch the ferry or speed boat to Phi Phi, Krabi or james Bond.
    Surin beach is a excellent place to stay so don't freak out..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: BAAN CHAYNA (SURIN BEACH, PHUKET) HOW TO

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Thank you for your tips Andie, I just got a lil worried reading all the reviews from different travellers saying Patong is "D' Place" and they make it sound like the rest are just impossible!

Another question, besides the shuttle bus, I heard about vans at the airport that is cheaper than the cabs, but would also drop the passenger off to their hotel. Any idea about this service?

• andie_c's Profile Photo

by andie_c Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM

That's ok, I personally would get a cab voucher at the airport..
    thailandforvisitors.com/sout...
    hope it helps.. enjoy the beaches..

by Meeriah Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 4:12 AM

andie_c wrote:
    That's ok, I personally would get a cab voucher at the airport.. thailandforvisitors.com/sout... hope it helps.. enjoy the beaches..

Thank you :) will look at this site..

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines