Surfers Paradise

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Living in Port Douglas

Port Douglas 14 hours ago

Hi, there is a possibility myself and my family will be moving to Port Douglas. I will start by saying it looks stunningly beautiful there. My concern is the wildlife - crocodiles, snakes etc? May sound far fetched - sorry, but where I will be coming from we have no crocodiles, tree snakes etc. Can I expect to see a lot of crocodiles, snakes, frogs etc? and will I see any or many in my house / yard?

more
    • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Best rail station

Gold Coast Mar 30, 2014 at 11:54 PM

A friend is staying at Fingal Heads south of Tweed. They want to catch the train to the Brisbane airport.Which would would be the best train station for them to use.
      Thanks guys in advance

more
    • bus phone number

Hamilton Island 4 hours ago

Hi

What is the phone number for us getting a bus from hamilton island airport to the marina

Regards

Michele

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

Fraser Island Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Usctwin's Profile Photo

Daintree Rainforest Visit with a 1 year old

State of Queensland Apr 2, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Hi VTers!

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Daintree Rainforest. Little did I know that there are so many different areas to explore! It seems like these all offers different things to see in the rainforest, but my main concern is that we will have a 1 year old with us. I am trying to determine if there is an area that will be easier for us to visit with him. We will most likely have to carry him. As much as we would like to do a hike through the rainforest, I don't think that will be possible, but we would definitely like to see as much of the environment as we can.

Cape Tribulation has caught our eye, but the Daintree Discovery Centre and Mossman Gorge Center also sound like they provide good options for traveling with a young child.

We will have a rental car 4WD. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much, Kimberly

more
    • About Toll Charges in Queensland

State of Queensland Apr 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Is anyone able to advice me on the toll charges in Queensland?
      Will be renting vehicle from Brisbane Airport > Gold Coast (Day 1)
      And from Gold Coast > Sunshine Coast (Day 7)
      Sunshine Coast > Brisbane Airport (Day 10)

As I am comparing 2 car rental pricing.
      AUD837 (Toll charges to be charge direct to my credit card) vs AUD1,037 (inclusive Toll Charges)
      Which deal is a better offer with all other criteria the same.

more
    • Sunshine Coast

State of Queensland Mar 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Dear friends,
      Seriously need some help on Sunshine Coast total 4 adults (1 elderly age 68) & 2 childrens (age 6 & 4).
      Will be checking out from Gold coast (Tue) to Sunshine coast (2hrs journey) and tentatively staying in Caloundra area.
      Few destination in mind, but at a lost on how to plan the route. 3.5 full days in Sunshine coast.
      1) Australia Zoo (1/2 day enough?)
      2) Glass house mountain (1/2 day enough?)
      3) Fraser Island day tour (Which tour agency is recommended? But seems like alot of time will be spend on travelling as Caloundra is quite far out from Fraser Island). So might not go ahead with Fraser Island.
      4) Ginger Factory (1/2 day enough?)
      5) Blackall range
      6) King's Beach (1/2 day enough?)
      7) Eumundi Market (Wednesday AM), where to proceed next from Eumundi market?
      8) Any wineyard to recommend and is it harvesting season in early May?
      9) Noosa (What is recommended there?)
      Will be checking out on saturday early morning to catch a flight in Brisbane back to my home town.
      Therefore, would appreciate all your kind assistant on helping me to plan these few days itinernary so that I don't have to travel up and down aimlessly.
      p/s : I have already rent a car thoughout my journey from 10 days journey.
      Thank you all in advance :)

more
    • Where to stay in the city?

by KateMcCormack Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Where is the best place to stay if you want to be in and amongst the nightlife of surfers p?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • london calling.....

by carloscanio Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 5:12 PM

hi all.me and a friend visiting oz for 1 month next week.have 5 days in syd booked but was hoping to fly up to byron and gold coast before returning to syd for flight home.

defo wanted to visit byron at some point,just wanted advice how to plan said route i.e is pre booking hotels a must? can we walk in on day in said areas this time of year?

i should mention we are male late twentys looking to generally chill out/surf drink and party!..

thanks in advance

18 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 11:12 PM
    • tl1148's Profile Photo

Our last 10 days.

by tl1148 Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Hello from Texas.
      My wife and I are visiting New Zealand then taking a cruise that ends in Sydney. We are staying 10 more days, and would like your input on how to spend the rest of our trip. We know we want to see the Great Barrier Reef for 3-4 days and maybe visit an island if it is not to expensive. Your thoughts pleas.

Tom & Ann

8 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    • The Famous Surfers Paradise Meter Maids

by Boelcke1916 Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

How are the famous Surfers Paradise Meter Maids doing? Just curious.

1 Answer Sep 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    • Running In Surfers Paradise

by Boelcke1916 Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 10:07 AM

My wife and I are coming to Australia (including five days in Surfers Paradise) next February. What are the names and contact information for running clubs in the area? Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    • Shopping In Surfers Paradise

by Boelcke1916 Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 10:05 AM

My wife and I are coming from the United States to Australia in February, 2013. We will spend much of that trip at Surfers Paradise. Where are the best shopping malls in and around Surfers Paradise? We are especially interested in souvenirs, surf sandals, swimsuits (mens and womens) and also surf shops.

2 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    • Where to stay - must not have cockroaches!!

by quadrant6 Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I'm flying into the gold coast with my girlfriend for 7 nights. the though/possibility of cockroahes is freaking my girlfriend out.

Right now we're pencilled in for the 'foreshore apartments' which is in mermaid beach. great price, decent enough location (we'll have a car) but after reading 1 newly posted horror review, I'm having second thoughts.

Can anyone suggest somewhere either in surfers or surrounding that is really clean! has to be under200, foreshore is actually100 per night on a 7night deal but I know we'll need to spend more if we go elsewhere.

3 Answers Jan 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM
    • Brisbane or Surfers Paradise?

by isabella1976 Online Now Jan 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Hi all,

We are going to Australia in July 09 for about a week and have picked Surfers Paradise/Gold Coast/Brisbane to see.

Does anyone recommend staying in one of these places more than the other? We want to see them all but not sure which is the best. We are not wild party goers etc but enjoy good food and having a few beers/wine, but do want to see the where the wild party goers go in Surfers as well ;o) We also love seeing live bands.

Top on our list while there would be:

1. To hug a koala/see wildlife - any wildlife sanctuaries anyone recommends?
      2. Go to Sea World and Movie World.
      3. See Surfers Paradise.
      4. See Brisbane and all its places of interest.
      5. Stay somewhere in the middle of all of this so its easy to get around to all of the above and get to and from Brisbane Airport without too much hassle ;o)

This site is such a cool site and I can't be grateful enough for all the responses I've had in the past in helping planning a . So thanks in advance for responses I might get for this.

Isabel :)

8 Answers Jan 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    • Cost of Living on the Gold Coast

by danmillwall Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 6:16 AM

Hello All

I am going to the Gold Coast next month for 3 months and was wondering about how much day to day stuff costs, could anyone help telling me prices of the below in AUS Dollars?

Beer (Pint) £
      20 Ciggeretes £
      Steak enough for 1 £
      Bottles of Soft Drinks £
      Sausages (6 Pack)£
      Mcdonalds meal £
      Pizza Meal (Dominoes) £
      Sun Lotion £
      Microwave Meals £
      Milk £
      Eggs £
      Meals if you eat out £
      T Shirts £
      Bus Tickets £

Thank you in Advance

2 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 4:26 AM
    • Must See/do?

by AussieDamo Online Now Nov 18, 2007 at 6:32 PM

Hi all

My girlfriend and i are visiting surfers from Adelaide in January. I was just wondering what are some of the things I must see and or do while on the Gold Coast. Apart from the obvious dream world and the rest of the parks what else is in or near the Gold Coast that I must see.

Also we are planning to go out and have some drinks a few times while we are there. What are some of the good pubs and clubs that we should visit. Im sure there are heaps I would just like to know which are considered to be the best or must see.

Thanks for any info.
      Damo

1 Answer Dec 31, 2007 at 2:18 AM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Older Generation

by yvr Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I am thinking about spending 2days 3nights in mid June 2008 in the Surfers Paradise area. I am retired but am now having second thoughts about staying due to the teenagers, families with young children and the "party mood" that seems to surround the area. Are there any places in the area that would be more for older, or retired adults rather than younger? The thought of the ocean, and swimming in the ocean is the reason I would be going to the area.

10 Answers Nov 15, 2007 at 6:13 AM
    • Car Hire and Weather

by Kazzykins Online Now May 13, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Hi, my husband, 2 teenagers and I are travelling to Brisbane for 6 days, staying in Surfers Paradise (Crowne Plaza). We were thinking of hiring a car from the aiport to see the sights of the area. Is hiring from the airport the best way or is their a cheaper alternative or more choice in Surfers. Also we will be getting to the Gold Coast the last week of August, what will the weather be like so I know what to pack? Thanks for your help. Kaz, Manchester UK

3 Answers May 14, 2007 at 3:01 PM
    • cla_reese's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe...

by cla_reese Online Now May 5, 2007 at 1:46 AM

I'm looking at going to the Hard Rock Cafe for a birthday dinner, just wondering if anyone could tell me if the prices are descent ..or if they are just totally way out there ... ?
      Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
      Thanks

• where to stay?

by lropes Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 1:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me. I am 22 years old and three of my friends and I are planning to travel/live in surfers paradise from Sept 07-Feb 08. We really have no clue how to get started as far as living accomodations go. Does anyone know of some CHEAP apartments/houses that are available for that time frame? We would only need a two bedroom place (we are very flexible though). Please, please, please let me know if you have any info!

THANKS!

1 Answer Mar 15, 2007 at 2:38 PM
    • Surfers Paradise to Austrailia Zoo

by alycadabra Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 5:38 AM

Hi, I am going to surfers paradise on the Gold Coast with my husband and 15 year old son very soon, and was wondering if anyone knows whether you can arrange a trip to Austrailia Zoo from there or whether it would be better for arrange it direct on the Austrailia Zoo website. Also may I ask, which are the best theme parks for 'white knuckly rides' for my son

3 Answers Apr 3, 2007 at 3:26 AM
    • Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by madgame Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Hello. Does anybody know of cheap accomodation possibilities in surfers paradise? Plus how expensive are the entrance fees for clubs(/bars) there?

Staying in Brisbane, would it make sense to stay in surfers paradise for a week or so or is it fairly easy/comfortable to get there by train or bus from brisbane? (If so what are the fees, etc.?)

Thx

4 Answers Sep 10, 2005 at 8:32 PM
    • macman2004uk's Profile Photo

Surfers Paradise Hotels/Motels

by macman2004uk Online Now Apr 17, 2005 at 10:04 AM

Hi everyone:
      My 2006 OZ vacatation is fast approaching, I am looking to see if anyone knows of good reasonable priced Hotel/Motel, accomadation in Surfers Paradise, around early February 2006. This is my first visit to OZ, myself and my friend, touring up from Sydney to Cairns?

Thanks John Mac
      United Kingdom
      17 April 2006
      18:00hrs GMT.

2 Answers Apr 19, 2005 at 11:02 AM
    • Spectrum Apartyments & Suntower Units - Any good?

by allyissia Online Now Nov 8, 2004 at 11:50 PM

Hi, I'm going to the gold coast in Feb 05 for a week before heading off to melbourne. Whats some good places to stay bearing in mind we will mostly be dining out, shopping and visiting all the theme parks. I've been looking at spectrum apartments and suntower holiday units. Has anyone been to these? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Nov 11, 2004 at 10:43 PM
    • optus76's Profile Photo

Markets

by optus76 Online Now Sep 25, 2004 at 4:31 AM

Hi I am headed for Brisbane and Sydney for a self-drive My wife is keen on Suday Markets ...flea markets.... can anyone give me a list of recommendations? Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 26, 2004 at 12:19 AM