Surfers Paradise Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay - must not have cockroaches!!

by quadrant6 Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I'm flying into the gold coast with my girlfriend for 7 nights. the though/possibility of cockroahes is freaking my girlfriend out.

Right now we're pencilled in for the 'foreshore apartments' which is in mermaid beach. great price, decent enough location (we'll have a car) but after reading 1 newly posted horror review, I'm having second thoughts.

Can anyone suggest somewhere either in surfers or surrounding that is really clean! has to be under200, foreshore is actually100 per night on a 7night deal but I know we'll need to spend more if we go elsewhere.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • welshwanderer's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay - must not have cockroaches!!

by welshwanderer Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 1:26 PM

How about 'Mermaid Beach Park View', unsure of the price you want if that's AUS or US$. Voted No. 1 on tripadvisor.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • al2401's Profile Photo

by al2401 Online Now Dec 31, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi, there is never going to to be any guarantee of no cockroaches - some species can fly in. That doesn't mean that the place is not clean nor does it have a cockroach infestation - these are a different species. Insects are a fact of life in Ausralia 5 star or not - I'm sure you will be fine.

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Jan 3, 2011 at 12:58 AM

pelicansands.com.au/index.ph... - right on the beautiful white sandy beach of Tugan.

2 minutes drive from the airport, 5 minutes drive to Coolangatta and Twin Towers Club and half hour drive to Surfers.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines