Surfers Paradise Travel Answers

change location

Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by madgame Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Hello. Does anybody know of cheap accomodation possibilities in surfers paradise? Plus how expensive are the entrance fees for clubs(/bars) there?

Staying in Brisbane, would it make sense to stay in surfers paradise for a week or so or is it fairly easy/comfortable to get there by train or bus from brisbane? (If so what are the fees, etc.?)

Thx

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • mikmnoosa's Profile Photo

RE: Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by mikmnoosa Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 3:32 PM

There is an old motel that has been converted into a backpackers just near the centre of everything, if you are interested let me know and I will chase it up.
    I don't recall there being any entrance fees to the clubs there and there is a coach that leaves from Brisbane airport directly to Surfers, the train is too much of a hassle, the station that connects with the buses is too far inland.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by madgame Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 6:58 PM

Well I am interested ;-). But what is a "backpacker's" exactly? Just like a really cheap hotel or is it something different? I'm just looking to spend a party vacation there for a week or so after staying in brisbane for 3-4 weeks, so I basically all I'm looking for is a cheap room with a bed...

thank you

• batgirl1001's Profile Photo

RE: Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by batgirl1001 Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 7:33 PM

It depends on what you intend to do. If you intend to do a lot of activities in Surfer Paradise and the surrounding Gold Coast, then it makes more sense to stay at the Gold Coast in some backpacker hostel than constantly travelling down from Brisbane. You can stay further down the coast at Broadbeach, Nobby etc or more hinterland like Nerang. If you are staying for long term, then it is better to rent.

• RE: RE: Accomodations in/ trains to surfers paradise

by madgame Online Now Sep 10, 2005 at 8:32 PM

Basically I'll be staying in Brisbane for 3-4 weeks which is my original vacation, but I wanna end that trip with like a week of partying, because in Brisbane I'll mostly relax and just enjoy myself and discover the city without really partying, but I heared surfers paradise was the most perfect place in Australia for a party vacation so I'd really like to combine a fairly long and relaxing vacation with a short party vacation ;-).

What's the cheapest hotel prices per night you can get in s.p.? If I intend on staying a week, will a vacation package I "buy" in brisbane be cheaper? I was thinking it might, because in germany you can get a vacation package of 7 days including a flight to the balearics islands (where the main party spots in Europe are) for as cheap as 250-300 dollars (for a 2 or 3 stars hotel depending on the season). If I went there and tried to just get a hotel room all by myself it would probably more expensive (even without a flight)..so maybe there are some good offers?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines