change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• eugenecwl's Profile Photo

Queries On Phatthalung's Transportation And Shadow Play Puppets

Phatthalung Jun 21, 2015 at 3:09 AM

Hi guys, will be planning a short side trip to Phatthalung from Hat Yai this coming July. I plan to go to Phatthalung by bus from Hat Yai bus station. The only problem I am unsure of is getting back to Hat Yai from Phatthalung. I have tried searching the internet and have found out that Phatthalung has 2 new bus stations. Beside that, very little info on the bus or van schedules. Hence I need advise from you veterans out there regarding the following :

1) I understand that I will be dropped by bus along the main road, so if I want to get back to Hat Yai, can I simply just wait for the bus along the main road in the opposite direction? Or do I need to get a bus ticket at the bus terminal?

2) Does anyone have the updated bus or van schedules from Phatthalung to Hat Yai?

3) As I intend to explore only Phatthalung town, is there any shops where I can purchase the shadow play puppets from?

Many thanks guys. Look forward to hear from your soon.

Regards,

Eugene

more
    • Is it safe to travel by boat from Pak Bara-Koh Lipe-Pak Bara during monsoon in Jul2015?

Ko Lipe Jun 29, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Hi, understand that it is monsoon season now. Need your advice whether it is risky/dangerous to take boat from Pak Bara to Koh Lipe during mid Jul2015.

During July, what is the schedule of boats to & from Pak Bara-Koh Lipe?

Thank you in advance.

more
    • VickyC14's Profile Photo

solo woman trip

Phuket Jun 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM

hi all. i will be travelling to Phuket on my own on 7th July to 9th July. wondering if theres anyone travel alone too?

more
    • owntheday's Profile Photo

KHO TAO HOTEL AND AMENITIES

Ko Tao Jun 7, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Looking for a nice hotel (mid-range) near Sairee, 20 minute walk is o.k.
      A place near the bars and restaurants? Any suggestions? I don't want to do alot of travel once there. Are there tuk-tuks?

more
    • spending per day on koh samui

Ko Samui Yesterday

Hi

Me, wife and 4 year old kid are going to samui for 10 days and bangkok for 4 days on 23.08. How much money will i need per day for food (mid range restaurants
      ), snacks, beer, viziting islends and doing some other stuff, (excluding hotel and flights)? Please share you experience. Thanks

more
    • Phuket or Phi Phi or Krabi

Phuket Jun 30, 2015 at 5:20 AM

Hi,

We are 3 friends and planning for a trip to phuket form 17th july to 20th july.

how many days shall we plan for phuket and how many for krabi or phi phi.

how is the night life in phi phi or krabi?

can we plan like. 17th - 19th in phuket and leaving for phi phi on 19th and krabi on 20th and then flight from krabi?

we want to experience scuba diving too. So, which is the best place for scuba diving? krabi or phi phi?

more
    • Shopping malls/ Night markets

Phuket Jun 27, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Hello! I would like to ask about the distance/time taken for me to travel from Renaissance Hotel and Spa Phuket to the nearest shopping mall(s) and night markets?

Also, which ones you would recommend for someone visiting for the first time and only over the weekend :) Thanks in advance!

more
    • First time to Phuket: Needed 6D5N Itinerary

Phuket Jun 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hi VT members, I'm planning to bring my parents, both are in their early 60s, to Phuket for 6D5N. The first day, will reach there late afternoon. Would very much appreciate if you can help with arranging the 6D5N itinerary and with places to stay.

My budget, inclusive of sight seeing, meals, hotels and transport is about 20,000 - 25,000 bath. Please advice if with this kind of budget is enough.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

more
    • is there any art painting cafe in phuket

Phuket Jun 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM

I am looking for a painting art café in Phuket for my coming trip July.
      café comes with drink cakes & painting services..

more
    • Overnight bus to Penang

Krabi Jun 23, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Hello.

I've been doing lots of reasearch, trying to find out about catching buses from Krabi to Penang. It seems like buses go via Hat Yai and take about 8 hours.

I would like to know if its possible to catch a night bus and arrive in Penang in the early morning.

I'm in Thailand for quite a short time and don't want to waste my time travelling during the day for 8 hours!

Has anyone caught an overnight bus between these Krabi and Penang?

more
    • Jesyy's Profile Photo

Skincare(where to buy)

Hat Yai Jun 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, I had heard of thailand has great and affordable skincare products. May I know where(particularity which shopping mall in hatyai) can I get ele mineral white mask plus, snail white and malissa kiss sleeping mask? A big thanks to whomever that answer.

more
    • keisash's Profile Photo

itinerary Help

Phuket Jun 20, 2015 at 1:07 AM

I am planing to visit phuket for 7 days can you help me in planing my itinerary?

more
    • Is it safe to go phuket ?

Phuket Jun 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Consider the recent earthquake happened in Sabah, is it safe to go Phuket? Worried about Tsunami.

more
    • Traveling in and around surat

by Fruscany Online Now Nov 13, 2014 at 5:36 AM

How best and cheapest to get back and forth to a school when teaching near Surat Thani?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2014 at 6:14 AM
    • Khao Sok National Park

by SupUSA Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Can anyone share some good info about Khao Sok National Park?

• Surat Thani airport transport ?

by Murrayjg Online Now May 30, 2014 at 2:07 AM

What are the transport options from Surat Thani airport to city centre ? Can one get a bus at night?

7 Answers May 30, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • Surat Thani airport transport ?

by Murrayjg Online Now May 30, 2014 at 2:00 AM

What are transport options from Surat Thani airport to city centre?

1 Answer Jun 1, 2014 at 5:23 AM
    • Car hire in surat thani

by stevecork Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 3:53 AM

We will be travelling on the overnight sleeper train from Bangkok in feb 2014. insted of taking the bus on to phuket is it possible to hire a car at the railway station and is so can i book it online?

• how are weather conditions in surat thani

by dani333 Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hi I am going to ko samui/phangan and ko Tao from the 29th September, the weather conditions say rainfall could go up to 7mm, is it ok to enjoy the holiday in these conditions?

thanks

1 Answer Aug 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    • Jasv's Profile Photo

Surat to phathalung

by Jasv Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Help!!!!! Anyone know how to get from surat thani to phathalung by bus or train.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Airport transfer from Donask pier

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi all,

I'll be travelling by ferry from lipa noi to Surat Thani and need to get to the airport. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to get from the pier to the airport? Everything online is a bit confusing. Should I just take a taxi?

Thanks, Natalie

3 Answers Feb 24, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    • Travel agency

by chang_1963 Online Now Jul 10, 2012 at 8:43 PM

who can give me travel agency in Surat Thani and Koh Samui?

1 Answer Jul 10, 2012 at 8:48 PM
    • eagle05's Profile Photo

Khao Sok National Park

by eagle05 Online Now Sep 22, 2011 at 3:10 AM

Hello,

would anybody be able to give a recommendation for a location within the Park as there seem to be various operators.
      Many thanks

4 Answers Sep 25, 2011 at 1:59 AM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Road trip from Bukit Kayu Hitam to Koh Samui

by marcus_gsh Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Hi,

I will having a road trip from Bukit Kayu Hitam to Koh Samui.
      I google map the direction and I wish to know is there any nice attractions along the road trip before reach Koh Samui?

Please kindly list me the places of attractions.
      Thank you so much!

regards
      marcus

3 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

Khao Sok National Park

by marcus_gsh Online Now May 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking for economically way to enjoy the 2D1N Cheow Lan Lake Explorer including raft house accomodation.

I will driving from Malaysia to Thailand, therefore, I need to know where to park my car and access to the national park safely.

Is it worth to attach a travel agent or do it ourself?
      Please advice.

Hope to hear any reply. Thanks!

Regards
      Marcus

4 Answers May 25, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    • Is it Safe at night in Surat Thani

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Dec 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM

We will be arriving in Surat thani at 11:30 by train.
      We intend to go to Ko Sumui by ferry but I am told they dont start until 5am.
      Does anybody know the area who can advise me on what to do for 5 hours+ wait until the ferry starts in the morning.
      Should we make our way to where the ferry goes from and wait there?
      Is it safe at night here?
      Brett

2 Answers Dec 27, 2008 at 3:05 AM
    • yamman's Profile Photo

A place to stay?

by yamman Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 11:37 AM

Please could some one advise where to stay in Surat Thani, how far is the town from the coast, would staying at Chumpon be in better possition because I intend to go to Koh Tao. Thanks Steve.

1 Answer Apr 2, 2006 at 1:16 PM
    • Diplos's Profile Photo

Buses from Surat Thani to Krabi

by Diplos Online Now Dec 14, 2005 at 1:26 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how regularly buses leave from Surat Thani to Krabi or what the taxi fare for this journey would be (what is the distance?).

Basically, I could take an overnight train to ST and then bus to Krabi, but that means hanging around Bangkok for an extra day so I'm thinking of flying in to ST and then either spending the night there and catching a bus the next day, or else catching one the same day.

Flights are pretty full this time of year!

3 Answers Dec 14, 2005 at 3:48 AM