Surat Thani Travel Answers

change location
nattybabe's Profile Photo

Airport transfer from Donask pier

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hi all,

I'll be travelling by ferry from lipa noi to Surat Thani and need to get to the airport. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to get from the pier to the airport? Everything online is a bit confusing. Should I just take a taxi?

Thanks, Natalie

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Re: Airport transfer from Donask pier

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I'm sorry but I really couldn't give a toss about tours in the Himalayas, especially seeing as my query is about THAILAND. I have reported your post and it will be deleted.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

by rosequartzlover1 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Hi! At a market name " Talad kaset" is the area that there are mini bus service connecting between airport and downtown Surat and Koh Samui.(there are Talad kaset 1 and 2 which is in same area just devide by a road )This area is kind of central area to find the vehicle to go everywhere in Surat. 1.To go to Koh Samui..From airport ,normally there's shuttle service from the airline send passenger to downtown and some pier,( bus wait right in front of terminal)Tell them to go to "Talad Kaset 2" from there ,you can buy ticket to Samui cost about 220 bath include price for bus and boat. 2.On the way back..from Samui,go to Talad kaset again ,from the pier ,may be by tuk tuk or motor cycle taxi(try to ask peple about the price first cuz some motorcycle driver may charge you too much)for tuk tuk it should not be more than 20-30 B.to Talad kaset .Buy shuttle bus from "Pantip tour" to airport cost 100 B./person.(Tel number 077 272230) .It'll take about 30 min(30 km).The first bus from there is around 7am. and it 'll have bus for every flight to BKK which are 7am,8.00,9.30,13.30,14.30,17.00,18.30 and 19.00. But if you are in rush and need taxi,it'll be expensive and up to negotiation also,and it'll be about 500 B. Enjoy the trip : )

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

by pfsmalo Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Hi, If I remember rightly from 2011 you have to get a bus from Donsak to the station in Surat Thani (a good half-hour ride from the ferry) then another bus out to the airport.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines