change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zafilm's Profile Photo

How,where,when and what

by zafilm Online Now 16 hours ago

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

more
    • Solo female traveler in East Java

by S_Atiqah Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm interested with Ngadas village, Bromo, Madakaripura waterfall and Baluran National park. I will be in East Java in mid september for 7 days. Is it safe and possible for me to travel to these places? I want to do DIY tour. any tips?

more
    • zafilm's Profile Photo

How,where,when and what

by zafilm Online Now 16 hours ago

Greetings..Me and family of 2 adults,2 teenagers,1child and 1 toddler,plans to have a few days trip to Mt Bromo & off to beautiful island of Bali. Any tips on transportation from Surabaya airport to/from Mount bromo.?. How long will the journey take?. Also any tips to take train,ferry or bus to Bali instead of flight? We want to enjoy a scenic & adventure tour of East Java.Im appreciative of any and all tips, feedback & suggestion. Thank you!...

1 Answer 16 hours ago
    • Solo female traveler in East Java

by S_Atiqah Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm interested with Ngadas village, Bromo, Madakaripura waterfall and Baluran National park. I will be in East Java in mid september for 7 days. Is it safe and possible for me to travel to these places? I want to do DIY tour. any tips?

6 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Transport & cost

by Nhwany Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM

How to go to Malang from Surabaya Airport?
      And how much the cost?

3 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Transport & cost

by Nhwany Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM

How to go to Malang from Surabaya Airport?
      And how much the cost?

1 Answer Dec 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM
    • banik2k's Profile Photo

How to reach Bali from Surabaya?

by banik2k Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Due APEC Summit my flight got cancelled to Bali. I am thinking of travelling to Bali from Surabaya. Can anyone guide me what are public bus companies, private taxi hire, train along with the fares.. We 7 people + luggage altogether. My preference is for a private 7seater taxi.

6 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • wonderpoer's Profile Photo

Tour Guide/Agent to Mt Bromo for first timer :)

by wonderpoer Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Am planning a trip to Surabaya coming Oct 2013 and am keen to visit/trek the famous Mt Bromo while am there. This will be my first trip to Surabaya, thus much appreciate for any tips, recommendation for getting a local tour/guide to Mt Bromo. Am open to overnight tour as well.

Also, will be nice to know if i can experience any off the beaten path or places to visit in Mt Bromo region or Surabaya....Hope can gain some insight from other travelers.

Lastly, any cycling day tour to recommend in Surabaya?

1 Answer Sep 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • Banyuwangi to Surabaya

by kiwijace Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Hi, has anyone flown from Bayuwangi to Surabaya? I'm considering it for the scenery (as well as to save time). Otherwise, I can catch the train but it would mean arriving in the late afternoon in Surabaya (and I'll miss the cigarette making at the House of Sampoerna factory). I've heard the scenery is also good on the train, but I'll be hiking up to the Ijen crater anyway. The problem is I only have 1 night in Banyuwangi & 1 in Surabaya before heading to Yogyakarta. I could possibly extend by one night (requires leaving Bali 1 day early) & do the overnight train from Banyuwangi to Surabaya, or the day train & stop at Probolinggo (on the way to Bromo), but it's peak season & I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle. Also, I'm catching the train from Surabaya to Jogya. Any opinions on that journey? Is it very scenic? I'm arriving in Banyuwangi on the 13th (or 12th if I extend) & need to be in Jogya by the afternoon of the 15th. Cheers, Jason.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    • Tours to Bromo.

by kiwijace Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Hi there. Can anyone recommend one day tours to Bromo from Surabaya?

7 Answers Aug 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    • Recommend a driver

by qhalique Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 9:18 AM

we would like to hire a driver preferably with a 6 sitter mpv for multi purpose and available as and when needed. Driver should have good knowledge of the city and it's nightlife...can anybody help?

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Best place to enjoy the nightlife in Surabaya

by qhalique Online Now Jul 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Hi, may i know where are the best and hippiest place to party all night long....and is it good to visit surabaya in october?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • LeeP39's Profile Photo

buying homewares in surabaya

by LeeP39 Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 2:52 AM

We are considering a move from Australia to Surabaya and instead of shipping everything, I was wondering if buying once we get there would be a better option? can anyone give me an idea of price ranges for household items,,,if you can just give me a couple of things like fridge, washing machine, beds etc, then it would give me an idea what is the best option.

Also, can electronics from Australia work in East java just with a travel adapter, or do we need to buy new electronics and electrical stuff once we get there?

Thanks

2 Answers Sep 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    • train to surabaya from singapore

by chay_villanueva Online Now Jun 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM

this my 1st time to singapore, i need to go to surabaya , may i ask what is the best train i can ride to surabaya , be going there on june 28, can u pls help me.tnx .

5 Answers Jun 22, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    • Surabaya - Cemoro Lawang (Bromo) on April 4

by ramonvu Online Now Mar 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Hello,

I'll arrive Surabaya on April 4 evening and go Bromo directly. Gonna to rent a car for my Bromo trip. Is there anyone who also wants to go Bromo during that day? So that we can share the transportation fees.

Thanks you!

5 Answers Jan 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Transportation arrangement for Bromo

by Poling Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Here is my plan to Indonesia:
      Day 1: arrive Jakarta
      Day 2: City Tour in Jakarta
      Day 3: domestic flight to Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta city tour
      Day 4: Borobudur
      Day 5: Prambanan
      Day 6: domestic flight to Surabaya (early morning). Join 2-day tour to Bromo
      Day 7: see sun rise on Bromo, Go back to Surabaya
      day 8: Surabaya city tour, see the Komodo dragon in the zoo.
      Day 9: domestic flight to Lombok Island
      Day 10: Lombok
      Day 11: go to Bali, city tour in Bali
      Day 12: domestic flight to Jakarta
      Day 13: flight to Hong Kong

My questions regarding the part in Surabaya:
      1. Plan to catch early flight from Yogyakarta to Surabaya so that I can join a local tour to Bromo. Is this feasible? Am I having enough time to find a travel agency? Shall I book the tour in advance elsewhere, ie Yogyakarta?
      2. What is the average price for the local tour?
      3. From Surabaya is there flight to Lombok?

Thanks a lot!

6 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM
    • Mr

by knag76 Online Now Oct 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I need to go to Mt. Bromo and Mt Penanjakan from Surabaya on 29th and come back on 30th of this month. Please let me know the price using budget taxi to take me to those places. I do not mind by mixing with other group traveling to the same place on the same day.

• Reliable Driver In Surabaya

by benbeni Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

I'm looking for a driver/guide to take me to Mount Bromo and Madakaripura waterfalls.

Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 1:56 AM
    • looking for an appartment

by oscarcito Online Now Aug 10, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I've got a job in Surabaya with a contract for two years. I'm looking for an appartmen to rent , one room ,kitchen and bathroom.

2 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    • Wood carver? Glass blower? Painter?

by Expateach Online Now Aug 6, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Hello.

I recently moved to Surabaya from Canada. I am looking for:

1. Wood carver to make some small carved boxes for me.
      2. Glass blower to make small simple pieces of glass for me.
      3. Painter to make paintings of some photos for me.

Can anyone tell me any names, addresses or where to look for this in Surabaya?
      Cheers.
      Expateach

2 Answers Aug 19, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    • Transportation to Bromo

by NorlizaSukran Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Will arrive Juanda Airport at 10pm on July 10, thought of go directly to Bromo, no need to check in hotel, safe cost, any idea on the transportation

2 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    • kschew's Profile Photo

Accommodation near Purabaya bus terminal

by kschew Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Dear VTers,
      I will be traveling to Surabaya this coming Sunday, and will be heading to Gunung Bromo the next morning. Please may I know if there are budget hotels near Purabaya bus terminal.

Originally I wanted to stay near Old City. But judging from the map in Lonely Planet, the Old City is kinda far from both the airport and the bus terminal.

Extra question:
      Is it better to travel to Probolinggo by bus or by train?

Thanks for your advice :)

2 Answers Jun 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    • Taking young children to Bromo/East Java in December/January

by SonyaSz Online Now Oct 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Hi there - we are a family with 4 young children (aged between 4 and 9) and we're planning to visit Bromo and the East Java area at the end of December. We have just less than a week, flying in and out of Surabaya. We were thinking of renting a car and driving ourselves but I'm not sure whether this is a realistic/wise plan - any comments?! Alternatively we will arrange a driver/transport to take us around. Any recommendations of good transport companies or cars/drivers? Ideally we'd take someone from Surabaya where we start and finish. With young children we'd need someone safe and patient....!

Also any suggestions as to itinerary? We'd like to climb Mount Bromo of course, and also see as many of the best volcano views in the area as we can. The Ijen crater sounds beautiful. And then Malang sounds like a nice town. Also there are coffee and tea plantations. And Taman Safari sounds good - anyone been there?

Lastly - I know it's NE monsoon time so not the ideal time to go - but would it still be possible to climb Bromo?

Thanks so much for any advice - much appreciated!

7 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 5:04 PM
    • Tour from Surabaya to Bromo and Borobudor

by hoehoe62 Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Hi there, I will be going to Surabaya from 2 - 7, June 2011. There are 4 of us. We want to find out of the package tour and cost for a 3 days/2 nights to Bromo and Borobudor. Thank you in advance.

Mr Goh

5 Answers May 8, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    • Hotel Majapahit Surabaya

by ikira Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Hi Vts

Good days.
      I am planning to visit Surabaya again this coming december.
      This tim ei plan to stay at Majapahit hotel which i heard is a luxury antique hotel, an excolonial hotel buidling.

Anyone has experience stay in Majaphit before? How was it if compared to Novotel Surabaya?

Anyone know how much it cost for s standard room?

Thanks ya

4 Answers Oct 9, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    • earthquakes

by Jiuliana Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Hello there,

I am from Borneo and this July I am planning to go on a trip to Surabaya,
      due to business matters. For about just couple of weeks.
      However, I have heard a lot told me that Surabaya is very hazardous location
      to go since earthquake might occur anytime. Is coming earthquake is predictable?
      Or any travel agency will inform or warn the travelers about the weather as well as any upcoming catastrophes?

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

5 Answers Jul 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    • CathyBrussels's Profile Photo

How to book a ticket

by CathyBrussels Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Hello and thanks for the very useful info. Any idea what the website for booking the bus tickets could be? Thx. Cath

2 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    • Departure tax for Surabaya Juanda Airport

by ikira Online Now May 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Anyone can advice on the departure airport tax for Juanda airport?
      And if i budget Rp30 000 for each email (lunch adn dinner) is the amount ok? or too little?

4 Answers May 5, 2010 at 1:17 AM
    • Hotel Widodaren and Hotel Paprica Dua

by ikira Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Hi Vts,

Anyone know about the following hotel - hotel widodaren.
      I try to book through aero wisata the price is 100 000Rp more expensive than the price mentioned in others traveller blog experience. I was quoted Rp 265 000 but in blog mentioned about Rp 175 000 only. Any one can help?

Btw, had anyone know about Hotel Paprica Dua which is just open in Surabaya, jl Genteng Besar? i cant find their website for booking as their promotion price Rp175 000 is very attractive. Any idea ?

Hotel Widodaren Surabaya – 19/9/08
      Jl. Widodaren No. 5-7
      Surabaya
      Ph. 62 31 532 9620
      www.aerowisata.com
      Located in the heart of the city, 15 mins walk from Tunjungan Plaza

• mei.c's Profile Photo

When is the best time to visit Mt. Bromo

by mei.c Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Hi,

I am planning for solo trip to Mt. Bromo in this year. Anyone can tell me when is the best time to visit ? Is it safe to travel alone ?

3 Answers May 14, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • Accomodation in Surabaya- Puri Kenchana

by ikira Online Now Apr 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Hi Vts

Good day.
      Travel to bromo and Ijen in May.
      In Jogja Out Surabaya.
      Will have one night spent in Surabaya.
      Looking for reasonable accomodation in Surabaya. Around 200,000 to 300,000rph.
      I saw a blog about Puri Kenchana, anybody know this hotel?

Any others recommendation for my hotel price range?

Please help ya.....

7 Answers May 6, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    • Bromo-Ijen-Batu-Surabaya 4D3N

by ikira Online Now Mar 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Hi Vts,

I will be reaching CemoroLawang from Jogja on 20th May.
      Wish to find a transport agent who can handle our transport for the Bromo-Ijen-Batu-Surabaya.

Below is the itinerary:
      21st May Bromo Sunrise, Savanna then depart to Kawah Ijen after lunch
      22nd may Ijen tour then depart to Malang and Batu after lunch
      23rd May Batu, Singosari and tour before depart to Surabaya (overnite Surabaya)
      24th May Surabaya city till departs

Please kindly comments on the iti.
      Btw, how is the road condition from Batu/Malang to Surabaya?
      Any places for shopping in the above location?

Any tour contacts for recommendation?
      we in group of 7pax
      many thansk for your help.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM