Sunny Beach Travel Answers

change location

Safety

by anaid15 Online Now Jan 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hi me and my girls were thinking of going to sunny beach on the 14th august for a week, after reading some reviews on other forums about the area its made think is it a safe place for females especially black females. I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight if this place is welcoming of other cultures because I have been to other places in Europe and locals stare at me which makes me feel uncomfortable. Also is sunny beach a good place for night life because this my first holiday away from the parents and I want to have a good time :)

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Safety

by briz Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have never heard of any issues with safety in Sunny Beach,so no idea what these other forums are reporting.I would say that it's no different to any other place in Europe safety wise,and being black will make no difference to that at all.There's not an awful lot of black people visit compared to some other places,but any locals that may stare at you will most likely not be in Sunny Beach,as Bulgarians leave Sunny Beach for foreign tourists from all over Europe,it costs too much for Bulgarians so they mostly go elsewhere.Younger Bulgarians wherever you go are completely used to black people,it may only be older ones who have seen things change in Bulgaria the last couple of decades,but who might still be not used to seeing black people,especially in more rural areas.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mirchica's Profile Photo

Re: Safety

by mirchica Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Safety is like everywhere else as briz said. All kind of races are welcome in Bulgaria and people don't pay attention of the colour. I just want to mention that Sunny Beach does not cost much for Bulgarians and the reason why many Bulgarians don't go there is not that because we can't afford it but because there is nothing to see in Sunny Beach and also is very crowded. Some of us prefer old cities like Nessebar and Primosrsko, others prefer little resorts, others prefer the sandy South Coast, others prefer the rocky North Coast. It's all about desires. I have never recommended Sunny Beach to anybody only because for me it's only bars and clubs and nothing else. Bars and clubs there are also to the other places but you can see many more things during the day

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Sunny Beach