Sungai Petani Travel Answers

change location

First

by Vagder Online Now Sep 29, 2005 at 10:39 PM

Why am i the first in SP forum...?;-) nobody visit SP?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • pishedbloke's Profile Photo

RE: RE: First

by pishedbloke Online Now Oct 2, 2005 at 9:00 PM

I visit 2-3 times for golfing. Some nice and cheap courses here such as Cinta Sayang, Permaipura and Harvard!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by pishedbloke Online Now Oct 2, 2005 at 9:04 PM

2-3 times a week.... sorry. :-)

• RE: RE: First

by EasternMystic Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 2:39 PM

aaaaaah Sungai petani!!!!!!man always detested that place ...simply for the red earth around the place ...something in that puts one off ....lol...reminds of the old rubber estates and their unmade red earth roads ....dusty during the sry season ....but I guess ...it is a nice place after all for many to live...visisted that hotel with a fountain ..in front ...on my last visist for high tea on the way to thailand ...otherwise the rest house used to be my favourite place befoe the hotels came round....Kulim is far better .....hehehe but then I come from Kulim !!!!LOL---No malice to SP people !

by pishedbloke Online Now Oct 4, 2005 at 6:30 PM

SP has changed a lot since I lived there in the 70's. Those rubber estates on the way to Sg. Lalang and Bedong have been cleared out and now replaced by shophouses and even Tesco's!

Hawker food in SP is nice. (why do I always talk about food first? *GRIN*)

Quite a lot of jobs around in the industrial estate.

Persoanlly I think raising kids in a nice town like this is better than bringing them up in Penang and KL. I had a great childhood here.

by Vagder Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 12:47 AM

Good to see that its some people here knowing SP. I dont know so much about SP but i meet a girl in Singapore and i married her;-) She was from SP so i have been there in our wedding.
    we have had our base in Penang when we have our vacation...but it is expensive to buy house or land there so i maybe wanted to do it in SP.
    I wish i someday can live in Malaysia because i like the people and country alot.
    Thanks for reply;-)

by pishedbloke Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 2:29 AM

Housing is expensive on the island, there have been a lot of development along the towns from SP to Penang in recent years, one good example is Bertam (where Penang Golf Resort is) and you can see many new houses being built up along the North South Highway. It's a good location, about 20-30 mins drive to Penang island, and 20 mins from SP. Surrounded by rice fields and green everywhere. And of course... mosquitoes. ;-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines