Sundsvall Travel Answers

change location

Can anybody help? with work in Sundsvall?

by ClarkeStevens Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 3:00 AM

I am an English man, looking to come work in Sundsvall for a temporary period of 4 to six months. I met a swedish girl whilst travelling and would like to spend an extended time with her to see if we should take it further. I have a complete technical modern apprentiship in Mechanical Engineering and also have skills in Administration and physical labour. My Swedish is moderate at the moment, but have been learning for the last four weeks, i feel i have picked up the basic conversations very quickly as spent the last two weeks in sweden, i am very keen to make my swedish better and am practising each day. can anyone help me with any information on where i might find some work?

thank you
clarke

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

RE: Can anybody help? with work in Sundsvall?

by Gili_S Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 3:06 AM

http://jobb.monster.se/ and search in Västernorrlands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: Can anybody help? with work in Sundsvall?

by Sjalen Online Now Apr 27, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Well...the labour market is a lot more flexible in England than here in Sweden but I DO have English friends working here too so it's not impossible if you know some Swedish and/or have specific skills.

Forget the public job centres where they can only assist long-term unemployed and "clueless jobseekers" at the moment. Go for direct approach.

You might already know that Sundsvall is known for its paper and pulp factories. Is that somewhere your mechanics could come in handy do you think? Check the town website for major companies:
    www2.sundsvall.se/EngMapp/En...

These people are looking for people at the moment and it says English is an advantage: http://www.franssons.se/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines