Sundsvall Travel Answers

change location

How do we meet people here?

by loverlys Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 10:28 AM

We just moved here from the United States, the state of Tennessee. I work from home and my husband works at Permobil. We will be here for 3 years roughly. We have two dogs and a cat. I am trying to find out how to meet people to make new friends or what there is to do to get out of the house. I am having a bit of cabin fever and could use some interaction with people. Can anyone give me any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bjakobss's Profile Photo

RE: How do we meet people here?

by bjakobss Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Can you start with your neighbours? I mean start talking with them and after a while invite a neighbourg for coffee for example. But don't be too sure to get friends among your neighbours as many Swedes in Stockholm are very busy and already have enough friends. Then can you get friends among other people having dogs. But don't be too optimistic, it is not always easy in Stockholm, I also live here. Can you join a dog-organisation/dog-club - I don't know the right word :-) - I am working as a Sfi-teacher (as ESL-teacher in US) and often the students complain it is difficult with Swedes :-( - sorry.
    It is a "work" to get friends here, but just go on.

Well, I also was new in Stockholm 25 years ago, now I have some friends here.
    If you like church, just go to a church regurlarly, then if you find nice persons, try to invite them. And do the same with some of your friends at work.

Well, it is difficult to give advice...., it comes just naturally. Our friends we have got through organisations we have joined, through a church, through studies, through work.

Where in Stockholm do you live?

Birjak

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bjakobss's Profile Photo

RE: How do we meet people here?

by bjakobss Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Sorry, you don't live in Stockholm, I see it now.

• RE: RE: How do we meet people here?

by stenby Online Now Feb 14, 2006 at 8:50 AM

Hi again loverlys!
    Have you checked at www.amerikanska.com ? Would be surprised if there are no other Americans nearby

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines