Sunderland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best way to experience Sunderland nightlife

by leighleigh88 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Planning to come up for an overnight stay in December with a friend and hit city centre in the evening...

What's the best plan of action to cover and experience everything Sunderland has to offer in one night?

3 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM
    • Valleri

by Valleri Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I will preface this by mentioning that I'm in the middle of a genealogical study of my father's paternal side. I've discovered that his father was born in Sunderland of Irish parents. His father's mother was born in England, however his father's father was born in Ireland. Both of his grandparents were born in Ireland as well. What would be the major reason many Irish would migrate to the Sunderland area? By the way, the family is Catholic. Any information about finding birth/baptismal records would be helpful.

3 Answers Apr 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    • BLUENOSEBEAR's Profile Photo

somewhere to stay,Great North Run weekend !!!!

by BLUENOSEBEAR Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 12:42 PM

hi people

My best mate is entered in the great north run and myself,wife and his wife want to show our support and travel up and stay for the weekend.
      I know its late to be trying to organise somewhere to stay but there is absolutely nothing I can find that is not ridiculous in price.
      Anyone know of any local guest or b & b's that are available at all ??
      There are 4 of us,travelling up Saturday 19th and back again Monday.
      I have spent the last few nights trying to sort something but have had no luck at all
      Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

the bear

3 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM
    • Accomodation in Sunderland

by Helrnd Online Now Mar 15, 2004 at 11:04 AM

My Fiance is going into Sunderland Hospital on March 29th for a week at least, we live in East Yorkshire and really dont fancy driving up and down there everyday so have decided to stay over in sunderland. Can anyone recommmend somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay thats near to the hospital but not in the middle of nowhere I'm a smoker so would prefer somehwhere that lets you smoke on the premises as dont fancy going outside after dark, preferabely with a little bar as well so I dont have to sit in my room all night Cheers Helen

1 Answer Mar 15, 2004 at 12:55 PM
    • rob-craig's Profile Photo

Will Sunderland be relegated to the 1st division?

by rob-craig Online Now Dec 10, 2002 at 8:07 AM

Following last nights humiliating 3-0 defeat at the stadium of light by manchester city a team who i can only describe as a glorified 1st division team is the writing already on the wall for sunderland and is the 1st division already typing out next seasons fixture list with Sunderlands name on it?With the benchmark of 40 points from a 38 match season Sunderland have gained 14 points from 17 games,needin in all probability 26 more points from 21 games.If they can not beat mediocre teams like man city at home where are the 26 needed points going to come from ,I personally am looking heavenward but alas my lord you have forsaken me!

2 Answers Dec 10, 2002 at 10:40 AM