Travel Answers
Sun City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to visit Pilansberg Game Reserve from Sun City?

by rahul99rocks Online Now Sep 29, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Hi,

I am visiting Sun City on 26th December for 2 days and want to visit The Pilansberg Game Reserve. We are a family of three and do not want to go for the self-drive option. We want an Open-Top jeep safari assisted by a professional English speaking guide. Hence, I want to know which is the best travel agency to fulfill my requirements or how can i book a Safari Online? If anyone of you have already visited, kindly tell me the timings, duration of Safari and the cost per person. The tour should include transfers from and back to the hotel.

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    • Need a plan to visit Pilansberg Game Reserve from Sun City

by rahul99rocks Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Hi,

I have a reservation in the Cascades Hotel for 2 nights in December. We are a group of 3 adults and would like to visit Pilansberg Game Reserve on 27th Dec. We want to see the Big 5 and all other exquisite native animals. So, please suggest us a safari tour to the Pilansberg. We would like to have a Open-Top jeep safari assisted by a professional English speaking guide. Kindly let me know the timings, duration of Safari, the cost per person and the best travel agency to fulfill my requirements. The tour should include transfers from and back to the hotel.

Thanks in advance

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • Need chauffeur driven car transfer from Johannesburg Airport to Sun City

by rahul99rocks Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Hi,

I would like to have a transfer from Johannesburg Airport to The Cascades Hotel, Sun City on 26th December at 1.45PM. We are a family of 3 adults and are going to carry 4-5 bags. I would also need a transfer from Sun City to Johannesburg on 28th December starting there at 11AM. So, kindly tell me how much would it cost in a shuttle as well as a private car.

Also it would be great if you could tell me how and where could I book them in advance.

Thanks

12 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

JB to Sun City then Cape Town

by balramdass Online Now Nov 14, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Hi All
      I need some planning for 14 nights altogether in SA.
      5 nights in JB, hotel, what to do etc.
      I want one night in Sun City, please suggest hotel, transfer from JB including flights option, and things to do and see.
      Then a flight to Cape town with hotel, what to do etc.
      Thanks in advance for all replies
      Bal

3 Answers Nov 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    • praveenpd's Profile Photo

Johannesburg Sun City

by praveenpd Online Now Oct 28, 2011 at 4:17 AM

Hi ,

I wish to know what are the options to get to sun city , given that I arrive at Johannesburg at night 22:00 hours on 12/Nov. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance
      P

4 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    • PALACE OF THE LOST CITY

by gracemae Online Now Oct 25, 2011 at 10:11 PM

We will be staying at Sun City with family visiting from overseas. We have visited the Palace on more than one occasion and had coffee/drinks in the bar. Are there any restrictions now to visiting the Palace i.e. does one have to pay for guided tours of the Palace.

1 Answer Oct 26, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Sun City, The Palace of the Lost City

by balramdass Online Now Oct 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Hi All

Has anyone stopped in this hotel?
      I can't afford to stay there but would like to see it from inside and maybe have a drink here
      Is it possible?
      Thanks in advance
      Bal

4 Answers Oct 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    • SUN CITY

by ICHIKAKA Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 5:44 AM

WHAT IS THE COST OF THE SHUTTLE FROM JOHANNESBURG TO SUN CITY?

2 Answers Jun 18, 2011 at 5:55 AM
    • plevin's Profile Photo

Car rental Johannesburg to Sun City

by plevin Online Now Nov 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Is it safe to drive between Johannesburg airport and Sun City in a rental car?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    • Family Dining at Sun City?

by chrisvana Online Now Jun 30, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Hi, We are a family of 4 visiting Jo┬┤Burg for world Cup and staying out at Sun Cty 4 nights, so out of the 30 odd restaurants at this complex, r there any decent family restaurants?? We r staying at Cascades with breakfast included for wife and I but, strangely, not included for our 2 boys????
      Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    • Sun City Hall of Treasures

by cll424 Online Now Jun 27, 2008 at 4:08 AM

Has anyone seen the Hall of treasure? Does anyone have picture or can describe it to me? Please?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM
    • Sun City - help in itinerary

by xsweety Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 1:06 AM

Hi , me and hubby are planning a trip to South africa in Nov. Any advise/ tips on following would be highly appreciated:

1. Alternative besides air to travel form CaptTown to Sun City & Then to Jo'burg
      2. Local Transport - buses/ metros/ cabs (cost/ safety/ crowded??)
      3. What kind of acco would i get it50 USD per night? Central location possible?
      4. Climate in Nov
      5. Any other place around sun city wn to visit?"

7 Answers Oct 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM
    • Shopping at sun city

by joenschalk Online Now Sep 8, 2007 at 2:53 AM

We went on vacation at suncity in april this year. It was wonderful. Close to the pharmacy there was a shop that sold beautiful womens designers garmets. It was long draped and free flowing shaped tops, dresses and pants in beautiful bright colours and black. I cannot remember the shops name and would like to order some clothes from there.

1 Answer Sep 10, 2007 at 4:33 AM
    • Transport from JNB to Sun City

by tdwtdw Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 8:01 PM

I wonder if anyone could give me some advice on how to get to Sun City from JNB. I prefer to not rent a car if there is any reliable type of public transportation available. Thanks in advance for any info.

4 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 4:39 AM
    • Tips

by carphone Online Now Jan 3, 2007 at 1:21 AM

Thanks for ur advice so far.
      Do you have any other tips for me for sun city? Should i book the safari from here in the uk or will i be ok when i go there in May and book then. How should i go about booking it from the UK if needs be?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2007 at 1:51 PM
    • Currency

by carphone Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Can a uk cashcard be used in cashpoints in sun city and is there a charge or will i have to ask my bank?

How much on average would 1 meal cost me ( british money)

2 Answers Feb 9, 2007 at 10:02 AM
    • Climate

by carphone Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Hi Its me again

Trying to organise my trip

What is the weather like at sun city at the end of may / begining of june?

1 Answer Jan 1, 2007 at 3:41 PM
    • Currency

by carphone Online Now Jan 1, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Is it best to take cash from the uk or travel cheques?
      Is sun city itself safe compared to Johanusberg?

3 Answers Jan 14, 2007 at 2:37 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Four Night Stay, Suggestions On What To Do

by Mikebb Online Now Nov 8, 2006 at 2:10 PM

Hi We are having a stopover in Johanesburg on our way to Europe late May'07 and decided to spend the 4 nights in Sun City Cabanas. We want to see some animals in the wild and enjoy Africa. This is our first visit to Africa. Is it possible to see "real Africa" not far from Sun City, such as a village, not a tourist set up.
      Some tips on the best way to visit the Pilansberg Game Park and the cost of Safari Tour. Appreciate any other info regarding " must See" sights or warinings.
      Mike

5 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Bavarianbuddy's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Sun City

by Bavarianbuddy Online Now Nov 11, 2005 at 9:06 AM

Me (54 years, from Munich) plan to travel to SA in February. In Johannesburg I will rent a car and drive to Sun City, too. But hotels are pretty expensive there. Can I find nearby a cheaper accommdation (B+B), maybe in Phokeng? Or is it "inexcusable" to stay not over night in Sun City, because I will miss then beautiful shows etc.? - Thanks, Klaus

• tips for travel to SA

by sanket_pande Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 10:13 AM

iam planning a trip to Joberg in First week of jan 05 for 7 days, with wife and kids.plz let me know the following :- 1. the main attractions around joberg .iam keen on hisorical monuments amusement parks science parks gold mines attractions for children 2. is it possible and safe to travel in a rented car upto durban and beyon? 3. what r the visa formalities?iam flying in from Nairobi and am an indian. 4. is it comfortable to backpack with small childrens 8 and 4 yrs? thanks in anticipation regards

4 Answers Nov 4, 2004 at 11:13 PM
    • place to stay next to sun city

by funkybee Online Now Feb 1, 2003 at 3:27 AM

i would like to know if i can find self catering accomodation around sun city at affordable prices

5 Answers Aug 4, 2005 at 1:13 PM