Sun City Travel Answers

change location

tips for travel to SA

by sanket_pande Online Now Oct 27, 2004 at 10:13 AM

iam planning a trip to Joberg in First week of jan 05 for 7 days, with wife and kids.plz let me know the following :- 1. the main attractions around joberg .iam keen on hisorical monuments amusement parks science parks gold mines attractions for children 2. is it possible and safe to travel in a rented car upto durban and beyon? 3. what r the visa formalities?iam flying in from Nairobi and am an indian. 4. is it comfortable to backpack with small childrens 8 and 4 yrs? thanks in anticipation regards

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Re: tips for travel to SA

by sanket_pande Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 9:04 AM

thanks for the prompt re.iam not too keen on historical monuments though i mentioned them in my query,as the children r small and may not cherish them so much.however i wld be grateful if u send the suggested itinerary for seven days starting 31 dec 04 and ending 06 jan 05. accomodation at backpackers is desirable as it wld suit my pocket. the priority for visiting places remains children. thanks and regards, sanket

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cleocat's Profile Photo

Re: Re: tips for travel to SA

by cleocat Online Now Oct 28, 2004 at 12:32 PM

Hi I agree with Keith. The zoo in Jhb is very nice. Your kids will like gold reef city. Your entrance fee covers all the rides. There is everything from the really scary ones to smaller rides for the little ones. Montecassino is also great with a bird park where the kids can feed the birds and there is a regular bird show in the small amphi-theatre.

by sanket_pande Online Now Oct 29, 2004 at 4:32 AM

1. i have not booked any accomodation nor any rental cars. 2.i have rather been advised by some friend to take taxis as finding ur way is a little difficult and u end up wasting a lot of time if u miss the correct turn.plz advice. 3. i wld prefer any budget class backpackers accomodation.( i visited livingstone ,zambia recently and found the jollyboys good)something on those lines if possible.

by sanket_pande Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 11:13 PM

dear keith, 1. plz suggest some good backpackers whom u personally know and can help me organising my trip well. 2. i have a international debit card.can i get the bookings done online with that?presently iam in a place (congo)where i can not get a credit card organised.this is required for the visa (for wife and children) by my travel back home. thanks for ur advice regards

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines