change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kelmacmar's Profile Photo

Hotel / Things to Do for a Short Stay

Charleston Feb 20, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Hello! I'm driving to Boston from Fort Lauderdale and will be in Charleston for a day and a half, from about 6 PM on June 20 until I have to check out of whatever hotel I stay in on June 22. My first question is about hotels. I'll be travelling with two largish dogs and don't want to spend a ton of money, so my hotel choices are limited. I found an inexpensive La Quinta in North Charleston--is this a decent area? I don't know anything about Charleston, so I have no idea about neighborhoods, but the fact that this hotel is so many fewer points in my credit card rewards program than others makes me nervous. My second questions is, if I only have one night and one full day, what should I do? I love history, food, and running if that narrows things down at all.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

more
    • In Charleston now...3 days...things to do?

Charleston 21 hours ago

We're in Charleston for a few days...arrived yesterday ... Weather is chilly and shower-y ( but still a vast improvement over the 1,000 ft of snow in frozen Boston!) ... Any suggestions of things to do while here....? We don't have a car...but happy to walk ...also...any recommendations for places to hear live music?

more
    • How can I get to Tanger Outlets by public transportation from Meeting Street?

Charleston Feb 7, 2015 at 5:53 AM

While visiting Charleston & staying in the Historic area (Meeting Street) I want to go to the Tanger Outlets (North Charleston). Do you have any suggestions for public transportation other than taking a taxi?

more
    • What is the best way to see Magnolia Plantation and Gardens?

Charleston Feb 5, 2015 at 5:22 AM

My husband is reluctant to drive a car (renting of).
      Could you recommend an excellent Tour Company for Charleston to Magnolia Plantation?
      We will get accomodation in Historic Charleston.
      I do not want a BUS TOUR although a mini-van is o'k.
      I have researched these Companies: Charleston Tours, Charleston's Finest, Adventure Sightseeing.
      Pick-up at hotel would be coonvenient. We particularly like gardens with lingering time there. Charleston Ventures does not conduct Garden Tours.

How much would a taxi cost there & back?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. N.Grace

more