change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kanawa, really a good place to stay?

Kanawa Yesterday

Hi!!

I´m planning our trip in komodo area, I see that kanawa it´a beautiful island but lately I´ve seen very poor reviews about resort (bad service, cockroachs, very warm nights in bungalows, bad diving service)...

Any body knows??

more
    • nisa_osalia's Profile Photo

perjalanan menuja raha

Raha Jun 25, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Kalau saya dari Makassar, bagaimana menepuh perjalanan ke Raha?? Apakah ada pesawat terbang?? Berapa kisaran harga hotel terbaik di Raha??

more
    • Travel Buddy

Bali Jul 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi, I am going to Ubud this week and have a driver organised 13th for full day day tour if anyone is interested in sharing a fun filled off beaten track day in Bali :-)

more
    • Carlos1968's Profile Photo

Surabaya mt bromo tour and surrounding areas.

Java Jul 5, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi can anyone recommend a good tour company in Surabaya to book trips with.
      Thanks Carlos.

more
    • LiseK5's Profile Photo

Surat jalan

Sorong Jun 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

if I arrive in a smaller place by Pelni ship,can I get a Surat Jalan ,or does it have to be a big town?

more
    • travel from semarang to yogyakarta

Semarang Jul 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Dear travelers,

We're coming back from Borneo, landing in Semarang Airport (around 10 - 11 am). We need to get to yogyakarta on the same day.
      What would you reccomend? We're thinking to hire a car... any suggestions?

Thanks, have a great summer!
      Irina

more
    • villa Banyu? Bali

Bali Jul 21, 2014 at 4:04 AM

Does any one know this villa?

more
    • rluhan@dodo.com.au

Kuta Jul 16, 2014 at 2:26 AM

could you please tell me of a good tailor who can make dresses in bali . thankyou

more
    • Party Places in Bali

Bali Jul 4, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Reaching Bali on Sat 30th August at 6 in the evening with 2 friends. Staying in Legian for 3 nights

Can anyone help me with best party places over that weekend (saturday & sunday).
      Anything which is must visit for a weekend in that area ??

Thanks
      MMC

more
    • bonbonhart's Profile Photo

Solo traveller-woman to Borobudur

Borobudur Jun 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hi Friends,
      As i m working in Jakarta and my term is almost finished and it was such a short noticed. Then i have to be hurry to visit places in Indonesia. Is it possible or any recommend for woman travel alone to Borobudor. ? Only 2 Days - one night? For the 2D1N trip,I saw the question from nancytansj and the answers, that helps a lot. but my question is focusing on travelling alone. I better go alone as my co-worker that available is a man. !! Thank you.
      Cheers !!!

more
    • Surabaya during Ramadan

Surabaya Jun 29, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Are there any bars (ie colors, penthouse, etc) that are open during Ramadan? Are the restaurants open during lunch?

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

bali in january

Ubud Jun 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM

m wife and i are heading to bali for a week (4 days ubud/3 jimbaran). see that it is rainy season and quite hot. does it tend to rain all day or hit and miss showers. also plan to stay with a family instead of hotel in ubud. no AC just fans. would love to have this more authentic visit but can't go 3 days without sleep before our 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia.

more
    • Train from Banyuwangi

Probolinggo Jul 17, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to visit Bromo volcano and my plan is catch a train from Banyuwangi at 22.00 that arrives at Probolinggo or Pasuruan at about 3.30h in the morning. Do you know if there are buses or taxis at that time to go to Cemara Lawang or Wonokitri? I think it's good to see the sunrise, but I'm not sure if I can find transportation from the train station to the volcano at that time. Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much!!!

Olga

more
    • Indonesia Elections

Bali Jul 17, 2014 at 6:17 AM

If there any risk to travelers in Bali following announcement of the 2014 presidential elections after July 22?

more
    • Krakatau-Ujung Kulon tour

Carita Jul 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Hi! we are 2 people traveling to Indonesia this summer. We would like to do a tour to Krakatau-Ujung Kulon, but the tours that we have found are a bit expensive. Do you know any good company to do the tour and not expensive? Also we would like to know how to get to Carita from Jakarta, and the bus schedule (it's impossible to find it on internet!)

thank you!

more
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

Munduk to Menjangan Island

Bali Jul 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hi all,

Do you think a day trip from Munduk to Menjangan is doable in one day? I read snorkeling there is best in the early morning (9 am?), and that the boat trip from Labuhan Lalang takes some 40 min to add to the driving time from Munduk. But I honestly have no idea how long it'd take to get to Labuhan Lalang from Munduk. Our accommodation is already booked in Munduk and we cannot change it for, say, Permuteran or Lovina.

Second, can you recommend any organised snorkeling trip in particular (that includes the boat to Menjangan ofc)? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of snorkeling unattended as I hear currents in Bali can be quite strong.

Thank you very much!

more
    • going to bali 29 July

Bali Jul 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi there

I will travel to bali in 29 July for one week or more
      Which area is the best . I like crowded life
      Also, suggestions for tour in bali... I'm coming alone

more
    • Getting around

Makassar Jun 29, 2014 at 12:32 AM

How to get to Makassar from Manado, without taking any domestic flights or any expensive boat/ferries?

more
    • phuket holiday for 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014

Jakarta Jun 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM

hi anyone, please inform if u know the Phuket's tour guide which are available or possible to guide 40 persons in September 10-12, 2014.

Thanks guys.

more
    • the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

more
    • Balinese Healers

Bali Jul 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

Read about Healers in alot of tourist information. Any comments or recommendations?
      Thankyou

more
    • Travel between munduk and java

Munduk Jul 2, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Hello, I am trying to work out the best way to travel from munduk to Yogyakarta can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

more
    • Jakarta to Wonosob

Wonosobo Jun 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

How long (days) does it take from Jakarta to Wonosob by bus pls? How much will it be (in USD) pls?

more
    • crowned_goddess's Profile Photo

Diving spots and beautiful beaches

Medan Jul 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Are there beautiful beaches and diving spots in Medan or somewhere in North Sumatra?

more
    • identify picture

Bali Jul 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Can anyone tell me where in Bali is this picture?  I know it's one of its historic sites within driving distance to Ubud (and I know it's not Goa Gajah), but I can't quite pinpoint it.  I seem to recall there were 11 statues (I can't recall the exact number, but somewhere around 11) as an ode to the King's sons (or something like that).

Thanks in advance! 

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Beach and snorkelling activities in Sumatra

by Sinosphere Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Hello,

I'm interested to visit Java and Sumatra with my parents this winter. Due to the tropical climate and beautiful coastlines I would like to know what are the best beaches on Sumatra. I heard about Iboih Beach but I don't know more.

Moreover - given that Sumatra is widely muslim - isn't complicated for women mainly to be in swimwear to go to the beach? I remember in Malaysia, men sometimes watched my mother with skepticism. We don't want to offense traditional way of life.

Thank you.

6 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    • banyak islands

by sforte1000 Online Now May 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM

has anyone visited the banyak islands? would it be ok to bring kids ?

• trekking in ketambe sumatra with a 5 and 8 year old is it possible

by sforte1000 Online Now May 5, 2013 at 5:35 AM

trekking in ketambe

2 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM
    • trekking in ketambe sumatra with a 5 and 8 year old is it possible

by sforte1000 Online Now May 5, 2013 at 5:08 AM

trekking in ketambe sumatra with a 5 and 8 year old is it possible

5 Answers May 12, 2013 at 5:23 AM
    • Southern Sumatra Info

by JTMoore Online Now May 2, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Can anyone give me info on Way Kambas and/or Krakatau? I want to visit both places later in May. Is it possible to get a ride from Way Kambas to a boat that I could take to Krakatau? Is there any place to stay in or near the Elephant Training Center in Way Kambas? What about Krakatoa?
      -JM

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Information about Way Kambas or Krakatau

by JTMoore Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I have been living in Bengkulu for over half a year now and it is about time for me to go back to the States, but before I leave my friend wants to take me on a short trip here in Indonesia. I have been really interested in going to Way Kambas park to try and see some of the animals there but recently I have also been interested in seeing Anak Krakatau. If I was in Lampung province for 4 or 5 days would it be possible to see both?
      Does anyone know of someone who could help us get from Way Kambas to Krakatau or just help us with planning a trip in that area? I am very open to suggestions.

• Dianne2012's Profile Photo

Sumatra to Surabaya (by land)

by Dianne2012 Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Hi all,

Need advice and help, I am travelling to Padang of Sumatra next month from KL. I want to travel alone by land from Padang to Surabaya in about 2-3 weeks time. What do you suggest especially itinerary, what worth see, what to avoid?

thanks

4 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM
    • ladybird's Profile Photo

Honeymoon Trekking

by ladybird Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Hi all

My fiancee and I are planning to spend our honeymoon next July in Indonesia. We hope to spend two weeks in Sumatra to do some real travelling (see the orangutans, do white water rafting etc)then fly to Bali or Lombok for a week of luxury.

Can you recommend the best way to spend two weeks in Sumatra with lots of adventure?

6 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    • jirikoo's Profile Photo

what antimalarial drugs in Indonesia (Sumatra)?

by jirikoo Online Now Jul 24, 2010 at 8:04 AM

hi fellow travellers,

im aware this is not the most suitable place to ask, unless some of you are actually medical doctors, but i will give it a shot.

a few months ago I visited a hospital immunologist consulting possible prophylaxes prescription ahead of my indonesia (sumatra) trip with, which is still due in a couple of weeks. It seems like I was a bit misinformed as i was recommended the medicine Lariam (Mefloquine), which i also eventually purchased.

Now doing my final research, I've come across on worrying reports and info (even on wikipedia) as for resistance to this kind of antiparasitic in indoenesia and in whole SE Asia for that matter. Not to mention all the undesirale effects the drug has got...

ok, no big deal, i havent intaken a tablet so far, so i can easily switch but, i was wondering your views and experience.

i can assure you I will visit the doctor again and ask him what he thinks now about the choice. Meanwhile, you go ahead... :)

thanks a lot

jirikoo

8 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM
    • jirikoo's Profile Photo

Sumatra - various questions

by jirikoo Online Now Jul 7, 2010 at 4:11 AM

Hey guys,

i have a few questions related to my upcoming trip to Sumatra.

1) I am attracted to the idea of seeing the Kubu tribe in Sumatra. How much time should i reserve for this activity? I was advised that i'll need a guide from Kerinci to see them. How much can expect to pay? Has anyone actually tried this?

2) I would like to see flowers Rafflesia Arnoldi and Amorphophallus Titanum. I am aware that one the places where I can see these flowers is Kerinci National Park. In what other places in Sumatra can i for sure see the flowers? The thing is that i am still thinking if I will ever visit Kerinci NP, or I will give it a miss.

3) I'm keen to see and some exhibits of the local traditional dance or singing performance. I've heard of Minangkabau performing arts centre in Bukittinggi open on thursdays. Is it worth? I look for nothing organized or posed only for tourists; rather something that is sort of ad hoc. Are there any places in Sumatra?

4) When in Padang, how long in total does it take to get from there to Medan? To understand this, I dont want to make any trips or long breaks on the way there since i just want to absorb the countryside and the journey this way; ...thus missing out on the Lake Toba, etc.. My objective is to get to Medan as soon as possible and then proceed to Pulau Banyak islands.

5) Upon this, what is the best possible way to Medan? The cheapest option of transport is preferable. Could you please specify exactly what modes of transport should i take? im used to a rough solo travelling, so i don't mind using slow public buses (or even hitchhiking and individual transport if necessary). I'm open to any suggestions and if you say its not worth or its no spectacle, i may skip this route and will fly direct to Medan, anyhow...

thanks a lot

5 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    • worldtraveller0's Profile Photo

Sinabang, Simeulue.............

by worldtraveller0 Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 6:44 AM

Hi
      I plan to travel to Sinabang in Oct this year. I would be grateful for any help with how I get there from Jakarta and details of any cheap hotels, losmen I could stay in. Any other information would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    • Buddhist temple??

by njeanfinney Online Now Mar 23, 2006 at 2:17 AM

Hi - I am just beginning my research on Sumatra because I saw a documentary on Arte - I am in France now - about the matriarchal society, the martial arts there, and most of all because of the old Buddhist temple - tenth/eleventh century - that has exquisite sculpture and it seems practicing monks! all that is striking and I am trying to find out more about the temple, where it is etc - Does anyone have inof? I also read that summer is the best time to visit, dry, but in VT one guy says that is the monsoon season - thanks for any help - Jean

3 Answers Apr 5, 2006 at 8:39 AM
    • flexthelegend's Profile Photo

Hotel

by flexthelegend Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 11:32 AM

Hi,
      I have a business trip to aiport code MES and need a place to stay for 4 days that is close by. The only hotel I cam up with is : Emeral Gardenia Hotel
      Does anyone know if this place is good or have any other suggestions for me? Thanks.

Damian.

2 Answers Dec 29, 2005 at 8:11 PM
    • BLUEVOY's Profile Photo

BUKIT LAWANG & BERASTAGI, SUMATRA, INDONESIA

by BLUEVOY Online Now Sep 19, 2005 at 5:16 AM

HELP! I am travelling to Bukit Lawang, Sumatra this Saturday, Sep 24th and I would like to seek suggestions from anyone who has been there recently as to conditions of accommodations and the Orang Utang Rehab Center after the floods of late 2003. Also any info on lodging and activities in berastagi will be highly appreciated. Thanks a million to anyone who can help.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2005 at 6:20 PM
    • bahaiano's Profile Photo

sumatra travelling

by bahaiano Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 5:44 AM

hello vt lesr

i was thinking about traveling up from jakaaarta through sumatra to malaysia. anything intressting on this way worth a stop :-) i d be glad for every tip! thanx and have a nice time

eric

13 Answers Jun 28, 2005 at 10:18 PM
    • datuk's Profile Photo

Who knows about Ipuh???

by datuk Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 5:03 AM

Hi! My concern is about Ipuh in Bengkulu Provinve in Sumatra. There was a quake there just after the tsunami and I would like to know how badly the region was affected. I have a friend who is from Ipuh. I cannot reach him since his mailbox is now full and I do worry a lot for him and his family. Let us never forget the victims....

1 Answer Jan 11, 2005 at 9:47 AM
    • arnonieuw's Profile Photo

ATM's in Sumatera

by arnonieuw Online Now Aug 1, 2004 at 1:14 AM

Is finding an ATM in Sumatera just as easy as it is in Jawa and Bali? Or are there any areas where you still have to rely on money changers? Thanx, Arno

3 Answers Aug 6, 2004 at 10:19 AM