Sullivans Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transportation to plantations

Charleston Dec 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i will be visiting and staying in downtown charleston but won't have a car.
      what are my options for visiting some of the plantations?

Is this shuttle still running?

charlestoncvb.com/visitors/e...

more
    • Prairieproper's Profile Photo

Safe for solo female traveller?

Charleston 9 hours ago

Hello everyone,
      I'm looking into travelling to Charleston for 5 days for a mini-holiday. I'm a 27yr old female, my main concern is safety, as I will be travelling alone. Would I feel safe in Charleston & enjoy my visit, or would it be overshadowed by safety concerns? Thanks!

more
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

December in Charleston

Charleston Dec 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM

We're spending the weekend before Christmas in Charleston as we did last year. The location and rate at the King Charles Inn couldn't be beat. We have seen the Market, slave mart, Ft. Sumpter, Magnolia Plantation, Rainbow Row, Old Exchange... it's all up on V.T.

We have enjoyed Jestines for a casual lunch, Hyman's wasn't too special. Any dining ideas?

I've gone through the V.T. websites & agree with all of your tourist traps & pushy time share hawkers. Is there anything that we've missed that we wouldn't see home in NYC? We are not interested in the tourist shows. Any southern & special restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance! Andrea

more
    • Best Station

by hnlarsen44 Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Does anyone have a favorite station on Sullivan's for taking photos? I am having a family photo taken soon and would love to get it on a cute boardwalk or nice entrance to the beach? Maybe sand dunes? Since I have small kids I can't walk up and down the beach looking. Any thoughts.

1 Answer Apr 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    • PET RULES ON THE BEACHES

by pupah215 Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 8:28 AM

If I were to bring my 5lb dog to the beach, what are the rules if I am a guest at someone's beach cottage for the weekend. I have a leash, but do NOT have a SULLIVAN's ISLAND DOG TAG only b/c I am just here for the weekend. If I can bring her to the beach, what are the hours she can be on the beach. THANKS SO MUCH

1 Answer Jul 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM