Sukhothai

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moving to chiang Mai furniture needed

Chiang Mai Mar 31, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Does anyone know where I can purchase old glass cabinets like seen in old town stores?

more
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Hotel in Old Town needed

Chiang Mai Apr 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

We are spending 3 nights in Chiang Mai with 2 adults, 2 seniors and 2 small children. I'm having trouble finding a hotel in the Old Town area. Looking for under $80USD per night, with a pool.
      Any recommendations for me? Tamarind and De Lanna is booked. Eurana and Buri Gallery have room but reviews seem a little dodgy (dirty, run down, ect). Considering Rimping VIllage...
      Please help!!

more
    • Hire car and driver

Chiang Rai Mar 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I want to hire a car and driver to take four people go sight seeing for three days in May 2014. Thank you

more
    • Hotel Suggestions?

by cl3150 Online Now Dec 6, 2008 at 5:29 AM

I will be in Sukhothai in late January, and would like to get suggestions for a nice, well-located hotel. Looking on the Internet, I have seen nice reviews for the Thanaburi Resort, the Ruean, and the Pailyn. However, I don't know if these are good places or not. I'd appreciate some feedback on these three plus any others that would be recommended.

Thanks.

• How to get from Sukhothai to Ayuthaya?

by OlegOleg Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 6:10 AM

Hi!
      Need to get to Ayuthaya from Sukhothai. If it possible to get there on bus, or the only way is the train from Phitsanulok? Does anybody know buses timetable from Sukhothai or may be any link?
      Hope for your help......

2 Answers Aug 6, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    • TaniaBeard's Profile Photo

Sukhothai in a day?!?

by TaniaBeard Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 11:49 PM

I was wondering if this itinerary sounds feasible in one day?

Bus from Chiang Mai to Sukhothai (what is the earliest bus time?)I understand the trip takes 3 hours?
      Tranfer to old city (from where, how & how long does it take?)
      Hire bicyle & ride around ruins
      Transfer back to Sukhothai (from where & how?)
      Transfer by bus to Phitsanulok (from where & how long will this take?)

We want to go from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok to catch the early morning train to Ayuthaya. Does the above sound like the best way or is there a better way to get from Sukhothai to Ayuthaya?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Tania

4 Answers Jan 15, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    • Ayutthaya-Sukhotay by bus?

by bpatti Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM

Hi everybody

are there bus companies going from Ayutthaya to Sukhotay, any advice on names or schedules or fares?

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 25, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    • Bus departing Sukhothai to Chiang Mai?

by mell2008 Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Hi - We are travelling to sukhothai in March 2008 and would like to go to ChaingMai after. Would anyone know are there buses leaving Sukhothai daily to chaing mai? How long? How much? do we need to book? Thank you

2 Answers Jan 2, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    • pecaspat's Profile Photo

Help with my Thailand itinerary!

by pecaspat Online Now Mar 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Well...again, I need help from everyone that can help me. I', being to be disparate because I can't decide my itinerary! I have 7 days to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayuthaya and Sukhothai. For me is being pretty difficult organise the days and I don't know if maybe I should avoid one of the cities? For me is hard to decide not visit Ayuthaya, Sukhothai or Chiang Mai : (

Can anybody recommend me what to do?

I will really appreciate any help!

Thanks to all in advance!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:39 AM
    • amytoh's Profile Photo

Ratchathani Hotel

by amytoh Online Now Oct 13, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Anyone heard of this hotel? Is it ok to stay here? Said to be in the city centre and near to night market. Any other alternative suggestions - must be budget, ie. below 1000B, clean, with attached hot shower, near night market. TQ.

7 Answers Feb 1, 2007 at 6:57 AM
    • How Much Time to Cycle Sukhothai?

by Prachinburi Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 10:38 AM

My girlfriend and I would like to visit Sukhothai Historical Park, but we're not sure how much time we should plan on spending there. We'd like to tour the park on bicycle at a leisurely pace. Is there enough to see that we could easily spend a full day doing this, or would it be better to plan on only half a day?

Also, I've seen conflicting information about the park's hours of operation. I've seen 0800-1600, and I've also seen 0600-1800. Anyone know which is correct?

Thanks!

4 Answers Dec 3, 2007 at 2:30 AM
    • Sukhothai with a 3 year old

by aliciareeve Online Now Mar 14, 2005 at 4:14 PM

WE will be visiting Sukathai in July 2005, I understand the best way to view the park is a hiring a bike. Can any one tell me if they have seen any hire bikes with seats for children?
      If not can any one suggest another way to get a good over view of the park in one day with a toddler. Would we see much by walking, with the wee one in her back pack.

2 Answers Apr 2, 2005 at 12:56 PM
    • i-s-a's Profile Photo

need some info for sukhothai

by i-s-a Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Dear fellow VTers,

Just wonder how safe it is for a single female to travel to Sukhothai? I plan to take the night trip from Bangkok...which do you think is better train or bus? Is one whole day enough to see/appreciate the place? Could you please recommend a good guesthouse near the parks?

Lastly, if you think visiting Sukhothai for a day is not a good idea...please suggest a one day activity outside Bangkok for me to try. I've seen most of Bangkok, Ayutthaya and Chiangmai in the past.

Thanks a lot,
      Isa

5 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 9:52 PM
    • Accomodation

by macaquinha Online Now Dec 22, 2004 at 7:33 AM

Are there many guesthouses over there?? And what are the prices? (looking for smth budged)

3 Answers Dec 23, 2004 at 6:15 AM
    • Sevsa's Profile Photo

From Vientiane to Sukhothai

by Sevsa Online Now Sep 9, 2004 at 8:39 AM

I'm coming from Vientiane, Laos going to Sukhothai, Thailand and I was wondering what the best way to do this by land. My guess is to take transport over the border to Nong Khai and then to take the train or bus to Khon Kaen. However I haven't been able to find any info about buses between Khon Kaen and Sukhothai. Anyone know about this or a better way to go between these two places? Thanks

4 Answers Sep 10, 2004 at 7:12 PM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

How do I get there?

by drjlim Online Now Oct 30, 2002 at 11:40 PM

How do I get there from BKK? How many hours should I spare to visit this place?

3 Answers Jan 7, 2005 at 12:44 AM