Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cosst of Living

Khartoum Jun 26, 2015 at 6:44 PM

How much in US dollars is a good income in Khartoum. One that can allow a middle class life. I know its relative on peoples ideas and standard. But what is a decent disposable income in khartoum to be able to do nice things once or twice a month while eating well the rest of the month. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM
    • nonverbal communication

Sudan May 25, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Hi I am wondering if there are nonverbal communications such as gestures, eye contact, greetings,and personal space that I would need to know when approaching a person from sudan.

1 Answer May 25, 2015 at 2:15 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Is it worth snorkelling in Sudan Read See.

Sudan Feb 12, 2015 at 4:32 AM

It is a long way from the archeological sites to enjoy it?
      two days is enough to arrive and to bath in the corals or reefs?
      i know several reefs... Australian, Jordania Red See, Komodo, etc... Sudan reefs ares colourfull?
      R. Massot

• massot's Profile Photo

Sudan Feb 11, 2015 at 11:48 AM

Hi my friends!
      May you inform me about the more importants things to visit in North Sudan...? 7-8 days is enough time to enjoy it ?
      I understood that to visit the South Khartoum, and the West is dangerous.
      Also it seems that to obtain the visa and some other papers is difficult.
      Some local agency in Khartoum is really good to organize the trip?
      Thanks a lot for your advice
      Dr Roma Massot

5 Answers Feb 12, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • How safe is Kharoum for workers?

Khartoum Dec 30, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Hy sorry for my english im Croatian. In January I need to travel to Kharoum becouse my work for one month. So the question is how safe is it for white man to go.. Thank you for answers in advance .

4 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 1:36 PM
    • Kobus_AgriTraveler's Profile Photo

Prepaid sim cards/data connections?

Sudan Oct 8, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I will be travelling to Sudan in two weeks time and will be there for 3 weeks.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to by prepaid sim cards at the airport, or some where? Also will it be possible to buy data budnles for the sim?

What is the network coverage like east of Khartoum towards border of Eritrea and South if Khartoum closer to South Sudan?

Thank you

1 Answer Oct 23, 2014 at 3:12 AM
    • safety concerns

Juba Sep 28, 2014 at 1:35 AM

how safe is Juba and Malakal

1 Answer Oct 9, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Train Travel

Khartoum Aug 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Is train travel from Wadi Halfa - Khartoum still possible? Frequency and reliability? Travel time?

Is there a border crossing to/from Ethiopia?

5 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Is trannsit visa reqd from terminal 4 to terminal 1 of heathrow?

Kassala Jul 31, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I am an Indian citizen travelling to Toronto, Canada .I have a valid visitor visa to Canada and my son has a study permit. Is a transit visa at UK required for 6 hr transit? Luggage clearance to be done only in toronto. The GF flight from Bahrain to London is to terminal 4 and then connecting Air Canada to Toronto will depart from Terminal 1.

4 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Khartoum Jul 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM

3 Answers Oct 25, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Need Thailand Visa

Khartoum May 23, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Need Thailan Visa from Khartoum. Im Bangladeshi Citizen Serving in DARFUR as UN Police. Want to visit Thailand for 7 days. Please help regarding VISA procedure.

1 Answer Aug 10, 2015 at 3:53 PM
    • Nikon Shop in Khartoum

Khartoum Mar 21, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Hello, is there a NIkon shop in Khartoum? If yes, do they reach DSLR cameras?

Duško, Slovenia

• What is allowed to photograph in Sudan

Sudan Mar 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I have read people being arrested photographing confluence of the Miles form the bridge. What exactly is the issue there?

Secondly, A traveller to Sudan told me that photographing bridges and the Nile is not allowed. It's clear that bridges are in many countries considered strategic objects, but the river... Could anyone confirm? I would like to photograph Nile at one of the cataracts.

Thank you for answers.

4 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Applying for a Visa

Khartoum Mar 4, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Does anyone know how to apply for a Visa. The last time I went to Sudan it was done through the Hotel I stayed at, although this time I plan to stay somewhere else. I have a sponsor in the Sudan, but they don't know what they have to do.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM
    • Apartments in Khartoum

Khartoum Mar 4, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am planing on going to Khartoum in June for about 4 months. Does anyone know anyone know any apartments or hotels I would be able to book for this period? All the hotels seem to be quite expensive.

1 Answer Mar 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • What is the proper attire for an American attending a Sudanese funeral in US?

Sudan Feb 23, 2014 at 7:24 AM

What is the proper attire for an American attending a Sudanese funeral in US?

3 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM
    • cwhit21's Profile Photo

Upcoming Carnival

Kassala Feb 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Hi, so far I have read once that during carnival most things shut down. Meaning public transport from city to city, is this true? Ideally I would not like to be in Las Tablas for 4 days because the buses are are not running. Besides renting a car to get around, most people usually stay put when carnival is happening, correct? That and I hear most go out to the countryside?

thanks charles

4 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • help with visa

Khartoum Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hi everyone

I need some help and advice.

I am british and living in UAE encountering problems finding anyone who can supply a visa quickly.

I need to try and get to Khartoum within a week.

I know it is a long shot, but the sudan embassy here told me that you can send a person that knows you in Khartoum to the ministry of interior who send you to the ministry of foreigners or ajanib, apparently these guys can get a you a visa quickly?

Also there are agencies that do it there in Khartoum for you, I do have a contact in Khartoum but we don't know of the agencies.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks so much in advance.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • Hotel stay

Khartoum Jan 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Can anyone tell me what the situation is with unmarried expat couples staying in hotels in Khartoum? We are planning a short stay.

2 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • Kaarina's Profile Photo

Safety situation?

Juba Jan 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

My husband is maybe wanting to work in Sudan in next autumn. Now it seems it is impossible to travel over there because there is war. Anybody living over there? How are foreigners treated nowadays? (Of course we'll not travel ovar there, if there is war...)

6 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • JustinC's Profile Photo

Anyone in Khartoum Jan 16th to 20th?

Khartoum Jan 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Hi Guys, I am arriving on holiday to Khartoum on 16th to 19th Jan 2014. I am staying at the Acropole hotel and plan to visit the Meroe Pyramids on the 18th Jan. I have been quoted 200 USD for a driver and guide to the Pyramids. Does anyone want to join me to share costs? Justin

1 Answer Jan 1, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Trying to find my childhood home

Khartoum Nov 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I am returning to The Sudan soon for a holiday and want to revisit sites I remember as I child.I lived as a young child in Omdurman in the 1950's and am trying to find the house where I lived. It was near the original radio station that overlooked the Nile, was next door to a school and there was a big house on the corner of the road that we turned up .
      Can anyone help.

5 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
    • good gyms in Khartoum?

Khartoum Nov 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Hi, I am a gym fan. Which are the best gyms in town? What kind of facilities do they offer?

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM
    • Help, boyfriend in port sudan, running low on cash. Has bank card but nowhere accepts it!

Port Sudan Sep 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM

What should he do? Hes never been before so didnt know.

8 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    • Hotels in Kassala

Kassala Aug 31, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I´m looking for a hotel in Kassala and would like to get any recommendations if you have! Especially about the prices.... Thanks!

• KiyaA's Profile Photo

Khartoum North Apr 19, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I am new Ethiopian here in Khartoum and wanna to meet friends and tourists?

• Locations

Omdurman Feb 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Can anyone tell me the (exact) location of teh Main Souq and the Camel Market in Omdurman? Is the Camel Market every day, every friday or every month?

4 Answers Feb 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • VanessaL's Profile Photo

traditional instrument

Omdurman Jun 27, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Hello, I'm looking for pictures of traditional instruments in the Sudanese region of Khartoum. Can you help me please redirect me to a website. thank you

1 Answer Jun 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    • Questions about Khartoum

Khartoum Jun 9, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Khrtoum/Umm Durman next July, I have two questions for which I'll be grateful to get answers:

1. Is sailing in the Nile safe enough? Are there boat owners or clubs which are safer than others? I am no swimmer if you know what I'm thinking of.

2. What is the best place to find books of differnt sorts and at the cheapest possible price?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Sudan May 3, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Hi All some advise please...rumour has it that obtaining a Sudan visa at the Embassy in South Africa has a very low success rate and that it takes almost 2 weeks...also that one can fly to Nairboi and get a visa on the same day at the Sudan Embassy in Nairobi. Does anyone know if this will work or has heard of someone who has done this? Thanks.