Suceava Travel Answers

change location
voxz's Profile Photo

Monastery Day Tours

by voxz Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 6:26 PM

HI there,
Can someone advice any tour guides for a day tour to the Suceava monasteries in 05-May 2013? As I am travelling solo, I was quoted 500RON which is quite steep. I tried emailing to a few travel agencies but got no response from them. Does anyone know any good individual travel guide with a car that provide a monastery day tour at a more affordable rate?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

Re: Monastery Day Tours

by Traveling_Duck Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Hi Voxz,
    If the 500 Lei includes transportation and a tour guide, it might seem steep but it is about right. After all, the distances between monasteries are big, and the guide will spend a lot of time and gas - for 1 passenger or for 3. You never said how many monasteries are included in this tour - anything over 4 is worth the money.
    To answer the second part of your question, unfortunately I do not know individual tour guides. Good luck and enjoy the trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • potempkin's Profile Photo

by potempkin Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Theres monastery tours run by Cipri which are well recommended but probably not that cheap. Four monasteries may be one to many depending on your need to see a lot of religious icons. If you stay in Hura you can visit two monasteries quite easily from the town.
    Rob

• Traveling_Duck's Profile Photo

by Traveling_Duck Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM

potempkin wrote:
    Theres monastery tours run by Cipri which are well recommended but probably not that cheap. Four monasteries may be one to many depending on your need to see a lot of religious icons. If you stay in Hura you can visit two monasteries quite easily from the town. Rob

I suppose you mean Gura Humorului - there's no place called "Hura" in Bucovina.  Can you offer a contact for this Cipri person? 

• potempkin's Profile Photo

by potempkin Online Now Apr 3, 2013 at 9:24 AM

If you google monastery tours Buchovina you will find Cipri.

• LunaB12's Profile Photo

by LunaB12 Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Hi,
    I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the travel agencies. Just send me an e-mail as soon as possible and I will help you. goedereis@yahoo.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Suceava