Subotica Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation and transportation- Subotica

by elenasc Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Hi,

We will be going to Subotica (and maybe Szeged) in May as a base from which to travel to Senta (Serbia) and Mako (Hungary). My family origins are in these towns. I can't seem to find a website that gives me bus and train information that includes Senta and Mako. Would also consider staying right in Senta and Mako, but couldn't find any way to get to those towns from Bratislava where we will be coming from? Will we have to rent a car (which my husband really doesn't want to do) or is there a way to do this by bus or train?

Also could use some recommendations on where to stay in these various towns? I really need some help with this! Thank you.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • alan1972's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation and transportation- Subotica

by alan1972 Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I don't know anything about Senta but the town's home page does have bus and train timetables:
    zenta-senta.co.rs/menetrend_...
    zenta-senta.co.rs/menetrend_...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accommodation and transportation- Subotica

by elenasc Online Now Nov 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Thank you for all the information! I think I can work it out now. We'll probably go to Subotica and then Szeged, and rent cars separately in each town, if there aren't easy bus connections. Does anyone know if you need to prebook car rentals in early May?

I could also use some recommendations for places to stay in Subotica and Szeged if anyone knows of any? Appreciate the help.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines