Subotica Travel Answers

change location

Travelling from Subotica

by csillus Online Now May 17, 2004 at 2:02 AM

Hello! Can anyone tell me what is the most reasonable way to get from Subotica to Kotor? Someone suggested that I should take a train to Podgorica but there is no suggestion for the journey to Kotor. Could you inform me about the price of a return ticket to Podgorica? can i get a reduction for an International Teachers' Identity Card? Also, can you advise me where to stay at a low price for two weeks? Thanks Csillus

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Travelling from Subotica

by BalkanGirl Online Now May 20, 2004 at 1:27 AM

Hi, There are a couple of options for getting to Kotor. The first one is the one which you already know (get the train from Subotica to Podgorica, or Bar, and than catch the bus from Podgorica/Bar to Kotor). I believe that the train ticket from Subotica to Podgorica would be between 15-30 euros (one way), depending of the class in which you travel (however, this is only my personal estimate). Another way to get into Kotor and one which I would suggest is to catch the train or bus to Belgrade (from Subotica or overseas), and then getting on the bus to Kotor. The bus journey from Belgrade would take approximately 10 hours and it would take you straight into Kotor (without having the hassle of changing from train to bus in Podgorica/Bar). I believe that the one way bus ticket from Belgrade would cost you approximately 15 euros. In regard to your question about reduction on ?Teachers' Identity Card? I wouldn?t count on it. Once again, I might be wrong, but just as a precaution I suggest that you don?t count on it. In terms of staying at the low price I think it would be more appropriate if you could get the response from someone who?s currently living in Kotor. However, I am aware that during the summer season the cheap way of getting the accommodation is to rent a room from the private home owners. There are a plenty of people who are renting rooms in their houses during the season. The cost of this type of accommodation is usually starts from around 10 euros per day. You may find some useful and accurate information, regarding your questions on this website http://www.visit-montenegro.com/ Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines