Subiaco Travel Answers

change location

The Red Sea

by Topher-300 Online Now Jan 13, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Hey

I was just wondering how u became a member of the Red sea and wanted to know if you knew how ppl could become members!

The line was hugh last night! and there were two functions on so heaps of ppl didnt even get into the red sea! only under the sea!!

thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • discobunny's Profile Photo

RE: The Red Sea

by discobunny Online Now Jan 13, 2007 at 10:54 PM

You will get a better response if you put this question in the Perth Forum, I just by chance saw this accidently!! Subiaco is a suburb of Perth, not really a huge travel destination in itself.

I was a member of Red Sea for 6 years...I gave up my membership 2 years ago. I have no idea how to get membership now, but mine was given to me way back when it was more elite and no one knew about the place but the high profilers of Perth.

You will still have to line up even if your a member, just in the members line and you dont pay for entry.

I think renewals are around this time of year, just give the club a call or check their website (if they have one?) The last I heard It was around50, they usually give you 2 weekends to get in the club and sign up...or something like that, again not 100% sure.

As for the Under the Sea part....you have to wait until your number is called before you can get into The Red Sea, Under the Sea is like the "waiting room", the system is pretty crap if you ask me, but its so theres no crowds around Subiaco. The management has changed its entrance to the club so many times its ridiculous. Its funny the owners spent a FORTUNE doing up the offices underneath the Red Sea to keep the high profile people in a more elite environment, and the place ends up becoming a waiting room, it was great for a while there though!

Also you will find when you do finally get into the club it will most likely be completely empty, this is because the place has been busted so many times for overcrowding over the years!

The other warning is, unfortunately The Red Sea is living off a great reputation it had many years ago, now its pretty crapola (I was there last friday night and it was pretty bad)

Just go to Saphire bar..its much better!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: The Red Sea

by Topher-300 Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Thanks for the reply

Maybe i'll see ya around at the saphire bar!!

• discobunny's Profile Photo

RE: RE: The Red Sea

by discobunny Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 3:57 PM

anytime!

maybe...havent been there for a while either, I've kinda moved on from subi, now i just hang out at the Subi or llama bar!!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines