Stuttgart

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Genealogy search

by Fran-Vickie Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Friends father was born in Stuttgart, Germany. What is best place to start some reseach to find exactly where he was born?

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 1:56 AM
    • shops opening days

by martaamarques Online Now Oct 30, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Does anyone know if the shops in Königstrasse are open on holidays? thank you!

1 Answer Oct 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • buyers rights

by darren76 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 6:45 AM

what are the buyers rights with purchases under 1 year old in stuttgart

Thankyou

1 Answer Oct 25, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    • fur jacket

by abraxas23 Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM

should I bring my imitation fur jacket

8 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 3:26 AM
    • stuttgart from munich

by Drghazi Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM

hi we r family 3 adults stay munich 5 nights,plan 1 day trip from munich to stuttgart in mid october any advise what best way to visit rent acar or public transport ,need cheaper way ,is it worh to go there what we can enjoy &c.will back at night to munich.
      do u advise also fussin to c or zurich

thx

7 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    • Overnight layover.

by KittyCat1 Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 4:51 AM

We will be en route to Palermo from the US. We will have a long layover and I was wondering if a visit to Stuttgart would be interesting. We may want to leave the airport and visit the city briefly before sleeping in an airport hotel. Thank you!

8 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
    • Cameramankeith's Profile Photo

Fernsehturm Tower Open?

by Cameramankeith Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I'm visiting Stuttgart in October. Would very much like to see the view from the top of the tower but I heard it was closed. Can anyone tell me the current situation re access to the tower?
      Regards Keith.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM
    • Dialect in Stuttgart

by olczi Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Hi, I plan to come to Stuttgart to learn German. Is the Stuttgart dialect very differt from high German. It is very diffrent pronunciation or the diffrence are in words or something else ?Thanks in advance

6 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    • Learning German

by olczi Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hello, I want to go to Germany and learn German. I find quite interesting offer of german course - 60th International German Summer Course at University of Stuttgart. It is a good school or if anybody took already part in this course and can tell me something about that? It is worth coming to this University? Thanks a lot

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    • re hotel shuttle

by hjr098 Online Now May 28, 2013 at 5:09 PM

My party of 5 will be arriving at Stuttgart airport 4:40pm Monday 16th September. We have to go to Hotel Espenlaub, Charlottenstrasse 27, Stuttgart-Mitte, 70182 Stuttgart.      What would be our best way to get there, and how long would be the traveling time be approximately?                                                                                                                         Thank you in advance.

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    • LillaF1's Profile Photo

Good summer language school!

by LillaF1 Online Now May 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Hello,I am a 17 year old girl andI was thinking of spending my summer in Stuttgart so icould learn the german language.
      I have already read lots of differetn language school websites and the best I found so far was agi(anglo-german institute).What do guys think about that?
      Would it be good for me if I want to learn german during the summer.
      But while I am studing I want to have fun as well..:)
      Or If you know a better school in germany could you tell me about it.
      Thanks a Lot :))

6 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 3:34 AM
    • Colors of the different type of transportation

by Koehler Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 11:06 AM

What do the colors mean on the SSB transportation map. Brown, Blue etc

4 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • Going soon

by Lynlyt Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 6:03 AM

What the most convenient motel near Porsche museum and 911 factory?

5 Answers Mar 31, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    • MERCEDES BENZ FACTORY TOUR

by swidmann Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

HOW CAN I SET UP A TOUR OF THE MERCEDES BENZ FACTORY IN STUTTGART?

3 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

sBahn group tickets

by margsch Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Could you tell me if the day group tickets are available from ticket machines please and do they need to be validated or is the date of use already on there?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

tram Stuttgart Moehringen

by margsch Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM

My nephew is seeking a Hotel in Stuttgart, when I stayed in the area the tram went past Hotel Flora Filderstr 43, the price is good and has good reviews. However I can,t seem to find the tram number. is there something direct to save him and his family having to change anywhere as the Hotel is 30 mins out of the city? I used the VVS website but there seemed to be a change involved each time and I,m sure I had direct transport and the tram stopped directly in front of this Hotel. I read German but Mark does not.

7 Answers Mar 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    • black forest hiking day trips from stuttgart

by kalyanighotikar Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM

i will be travelling with my husband to stuttgart on 15th and 16th april...would like to do a day tour or may be two days if one day is not sufficient to black forest...which is the best place in black forest u would suggest we go to...how far will it be by train...approximate cost of tickets...can we have some walking trails there as hiking is in my mind...are there any conducted tours from stuttgart for this..

2 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM
    • Stuttgart Christmas Market

by louisesuper Online Now Oct 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Hi there, I recently asked a few questions with regard to a German city break destination in Frankfurt and Hamburg (and have had some absolutely great responses), another possibility is Stuttgart.

Has anyone visited Stuttgart at Christmas? What's the Christmas market like? Is it a recommended winter city break destination?

Is there a recomended area of the city to stay?

Any answers would, as always, be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Louise

5 Answers Nov 6, 2012 at 3:53 AM
    • SuzieQ24's Profile Photo

Shops open in December in Stuttgart

by SuzieQ24 Online Now Oct 13, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Can someone please inform me if shops in Konigstrasse will be open on Boxing Day - 26th December 2012?
      And are shops open as well on Sundays?

Thank you very much :-)

8 Answers Oct 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    • birajadeo's Profile Photo

Suggestions for trips from Stuttgart

by birajadeo Online Now Sep 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hi,

Me and my wife will be based out of Stuttgart from 18th October to 18th November.
      We plan to travel to as many places as possible during the weekends and also take any one week fully off and travel around. Both of us have Schengen visas and so would like to travel to other nearby EU countries as well.

Please note that this will be our first time in Europe and so we want to cover most of the usual places. Need your help and suggestions for planning this out considering the following factors:
      1. Both are 28 year old adults with Schengen visas
      2. Like to travel in budget/economy throughout. Open to stays in good youth hostels
      3. Will travel only during weekends but taking one week completely off for travelling apart from weekends
      4. Please keep in mind the cold weather when you suggest places to visit

We were thinking of visiting ITaly/Spain or a bit of both during our week off.
      Please suggest a good itinerary based on the above factors along with cheap travel and stay options.
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Sep 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Cannstatter Volksfest Question

by rentedcow Online Now Aug 25, 2012 at 5:55 AM

Hello,

I have always wanted to visit Stuttgart. My plan is to stay in Stuttgart for two days during Cannstatter Volksfest.

Here are my questions:

1. Where in Stuttgart is Cannstatter Volksfest held? (I find two different locations, and I am confused)

2. Does anyone recommend any hotels around Cannstatter Volksfest to stay at? We have attended Munich's Oktoberfest and learned to stay close to the fairgrounds (if possible). It might be louder, but you do not have to deal with the metro traffic.

Also, feel free to send any other suggestions.

Thanks A Lot.

5 Answers Aug 31, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    • sylv2's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

by sylv2 Online Now May 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

We are hopefully visiting the Porsche factory in Septmeber. I am finding it difficult to work out where to stay in Stuttgart. We will only be there one night but will have a few hours to look around in the afternoon. We don't have a car so would we take a taxi to the factory tour or public transport. Is the airport far from town?
      Another post I read suggested Ludswigberg as a good place to stay.
      Thanks
      Sylv

5 Answers May 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    • Buses/other to Ellmendingen

by afranks Online Now Feb 17, 2012 at 7:36 AM

My wife and I will be visiting Ellmendingen this year and would like to know if there are buses from Stuttgart. We will be taking a train from Basel to Stuttgart but don't know how to get to Ellmendingen.

Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    • Train travel on public holiday 'Whit Monday'

by planedust Online Now Jan 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM

My husband and I wish to travel by train from Stuttgart to Dijon on Monday 28 May which is 'Whit Monday' Will this be possible? Will the normal Monday timetable be valid or will it be a public holiday timetable?

2 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    • zuriga's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Stuttgart

by zuriga Online Now Aug 26, 2011 at 2:21 AM

My husband and I will be in Stuttgart for a few nights at the end of September. Unfortunately, we have to stay near the airport as he's head of a large exhibition at the Messe there. We don't mind going into town for a great dinner. What are the best restaurants in Stuttgart - not necessarily German cuisine. How long a taxi ride would it be? Are there any tourist attractions I shouldn't miss seeing?

5 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    • hotels in small towns near Porsche museum

by Dines Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 5:44 PM

We are coming to Stuttgart to visit the Porsche and Mercedes Museums.
      Can you suggest a place to stay.
      We would prefer a small town nearby where we could walk to dinner, etc.
      We have a car.

2 Answers May 10, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    • Stuttgart airport transfer

by chakraborti Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Hello,
      Are airport shuttles available from Stuttgart airport to main city/ hotels. The airport website does not have any information about it. I'll be staying at Maritim hotel in the city. Please advice the fastest way to reach. Also, what would be the shuttle / cab fare?

Many thanks.

5 Answers May 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    • shopping

by sonal.sweetgirl Online Now Apr 14, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Can anyone tell me about the cheap shopping areas or shops in Stuttgart for buying clothes??

5 Answers May 10, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    • need train tavel help for stuuttgart to freiburg

by watchdudes Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 5:06 AM

Hello, I need some help. Which is Cheapest (ICE only) and fastest most direct way for our family to travel from Stuttgart to Freiburg next week on the train?

Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 15, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Does Porche offer factory tours at their Stuttgart factory?

by swdke Online Now Jan 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Does Porche offer factory tours at their Stuttgart factory? If so, where do I go to find out information on such tours, or reservations?

Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM