Stuttgart Travel Answers

change location

black forest hiking day trips from stuttgart

by kalyanighotikar Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM

i will be travelling with my husband to stuttgart on 15th and 16th april...would like to do a day tour or may be two days if one day is not sufficient to black forest...which is the best place in black forest u would suggest we go to...how far will it be by train...approximate cost of tickets...can we have some walking trails there as hiking is in my mind...are there any conducted tours from stuttgart for this..

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

Re: black forest hiking day trips from stuttgart

by christine.j Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

By train it's about 2 or 3 hours one way, depending on where you go to the Black Forest. The fare depends on when you book and which train you want to take. The day ticket für Baden Württenberg starts at 22 Euro Euro for the first person, and you add 4 Euro for each additional person up to five people. This ticket is valid after 9 am on the local trains.
    If you want to take the faster trains, you can save by booking in advance, tickets start from 19 Euro one way per person. However, then you're bound to a particular train.
    Ask the touist information if there are any guided hiking tours to the Black Forest,
    stuttgart-tourist.de/en/cont...

If you want to get an idea of the Swabian Alb, the area much closer to Stuttgart than the Black Forest, have a look here:
    prospektbestellung.toubiz.de...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: black forest hiking day trips from stuttgart

by leics Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

You can find all train times, details and fares in English on the official German railway website:

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines