Stuttgart Travel Answers

change location
margsch's Profile Photo

tram Stuttgart Moehringen

by margsch Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM

My nephew is seeking a Hotel in Stuttgart, when I stayed in the area the tram went past Hotel Flora Filderstr 43, the price is good and has good reviews. However I can,t seem to find the tram number. is there something direct to save him and his family having to change anywhere as the Hotel is 30 mins out of the city? I used the VVS website but there seemed to be a change involved each time and I,m sure I had direct transport and the tram stopped directly in front of this Hotel. I read German but Mark does not.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: tram Stuttgart Moehringen

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Coming from where? Hauptbahnhof?
    In this case, according to bahn.de, taking the U14 would not require a change but a 5-minute walk from Marienplatz station to the hotel.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Thank you for the information. They want to see various things in Suttgart as that is where my parents are from and my nephew has never been there. So the centre would be the best. I hadn,t looked at bahn.de. I,ll look up the route of the Ubahn as maybe they could get on at Schlossplatz if that was more convenient. I know when i was shopping in Koenigstrasse it was a bit of a pain always trekking back to the main station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Sorry, but I am not really familiar with Stuttgart which is not exactly my favorite city. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable comes with a tip or two.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I can't find any updated tram information (and I'm reluctant to go off my memory of 15 year old information), but I do know the hotel is only 1.2 km south of the Feuersee S-Bahn station.

1 member found this helpful

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Sorry, I was going off the wrong address. It didn't register to me last night that the hotel was in Möhringen. Hotel Flora is on FilderBAHNstrasse, not Filderstrasse.

From the Hauptbahnhof, you can take U5, U6, or U12 to Möhringen Bahnhof. Walking directions from there (about 300 m) are on the hotel's website.

hotel-moehringen.de/en/locat...

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Stadtbahn (U-Bahn) network map

vvs.de/download/Stadtbahn_Li...

map central Stuttgart with public transport

vvs.de/download/Innenstadt.p...

Travel time from Möhringen Bahnhof to Schlossplatz is 15 minutes. To the Hauptbahnhof (one stop after) 16 minutes.

> I,m sure I had direct transport and the tram stopped directly in front of this Hotel

> I know when i was shopping in Koenigstrasse it was a bit of a pain always trekking back to the main station.

Both does however not fit for the Hotel Flora in Möhringen. While there have been changes on the route, travel time plus the new U12 line, the former tram lines 5 and 6 did already connect Möhringen Bahnhof (thus not running in front of the Hotel Flora) directly with the Schlossplatz (which is in the middle of the Königstraße).  Here an older network map from 1982

ssb-linien.de/dso/SSB-Plan-1...

Does however not mean that should not stay there. If they visit in Summer staying in Möhringen has anyway its advantages compared to staying in the city center.

• margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Thank you all for your help, maybe my brain is packing up, sorry I gave you the wrong street!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines