Studland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 7 hour Layover at Heathrow- meeting someone at the Airport

Heathrow Apr 22, 2015 at 9:14 AM

We are traveling from Canada and we have a 7 hours transit before leaving to Sri Lanka. We will be arriving at T5 and next  flight will be from T3. I need to meet my brother who lives in London during the layover. Since we are traveling with Canadian passports i guess we dont need visa to enter UK.

Since we are not planning to go any where else, I can ask him to come to the air port but im not sure to which terminal. If I take the free bus service from T5 to T3, will I be able to go through the immigration at T3 and meet my brother at the air port . Or should I meet him at the terminal 5 ? He will not be traveling so he cant come through the security checking. 

more
    • lewis-gunn's Profile Photo

where is it

England Apr 16, 2015 at 5:06 AM

BBC2 TV last night secret Britain where in Yorkshire was the druids temple

more
    • Fare for china airlines

Heathrow 4 hours ago

hello everyone... me and my mum are deciding to travell to usa from india via china airlines..but i just cant figure out the fare from their site..do you know the fare for economy class and family coach and premium economy

more
    • lizdickie's Profile Photo

Short connection Terminal 5 and Terminal 2

Heathrow 5 hours ago

Hi everyone,

I have booked flights with Singapore Airlines from Edinburgh to Singapore next month. I arrive at Heathrow Terminal 5 at 0925on a BA flight and leave from Terminal 2 with Singapore Airlines at 1130 so just over 2 hours connection time.
      Will this be enough? I'm not sure if I can check my suitcase through from Edinburgh as I don't think there is a Singapore Airlines check in there.(The BA ticket was bought through them though.)
      I'm panicking a little as, although I know Singapore Airlines will be obliged to get me back if I don't make the connection, all the later flights seem to be full and I have an onward connection to New Zealand that I need to get.
      I'd really appreciate any advice. 3

more
    • non connection flights

London Apr 22, 2015 at 12:51 PM

If I have not baggage to pick up, I will just have cabin baggage is it possible to use the Flight Connections to go to my next flight if I have an e-ticket. I will be landing in Terminal 2 with Singapore and flying out of the same Terminal with Aer Lingus but I have separate tickets. Or if I checked in on-line on the way over and had a boarding card would that work better? Also any ideas how long before you can check in on-line for an Aer Lingus flight? Looking forward to some helpful feedback. Thanks

more
    • Manchester Airport Terminal 1 - Short Stay Car Park

Manchester Apr 12, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

I'm going traveling in a few weeks and my parents want to drop me off and come into the terminal to make sure i'm checked in all right. I was just wondering about parking.

I've read about the multi storey and that being the best option, but how & where do you go about paying? especially as they'll only be parked for 30mins - 1hour.

Complete novice to this sort of thing. I'm normally just dropped off and that's that. So any help will be more than appreciated

Thanks

more
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Tours from South Hampton

Southampton Apr 6, 2015 at 9:43 AM

My husband and myself will be in SouthHampton May 24 and 25. Any suggestions of tours that would take us to Bath and Salisbury; by passing Stonehenge. Thank you.

more
    • Airport to Airport

London Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I want to get to Heathrow from London's City airport. Suggestions?

more
    • best way to get to Lundy Island from the mainliand

Lundy Island Apr 17, 2015 at 3:47 AM

Hi, we are visiting the area in the next couple of weeks and would like to visit Lundy for the day. What is the best boat / ferry service to use from Lynton down to Clovelley Area?

Thank you

more
    • On yer bike ?

Knaresborough Apr 9, 2015 at 4:34 AM

We're coming with our caravan next week, should I bring my bike ....Can I cycle along the river etc in Knareborough ? I like tootling round ..not long hauls !
      Thanks.
      Patricia.

more
    • margaretmcguffin's Profile Photo

Other things to do.

London 7 hours ago

We have been several times to London and seen the usual things. Can anyone suggest other things to do, places to go and see?

more
    • Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

London Apr 8, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Hi there,
      Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

more
    • lee.chiappori's Profile Photo

uk visa question.

England Apr 7, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Hi.
      I have some American friends who are travelling home from India but they have a long wait at Heathrow airport before flying to seattle (19hrs) they would like to stay in London for a night but not sure if they need a visa or not to leave the airport.
      Would they need a visa to do this or not.
      Many thanks.

more
    • TravelingSue's Profile Photo

Transfer from Southampton to London Center

London Yesterday

How is the best and least expensive way to get from Southampton Cruise Terminal to London Center. Thanks.

more
    • Terminal 5 no lounge

Heathrow Apr 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM

We are looking at booking a lounge but there are none in terminal 5
      Could we use a lounge in another terminal

more
    • dales's Profile Photo

Getting There

Tintagel Apr 20, 2015 at 8:40 AM

I am thinking of making a trek to that part of the uk. I was a fan of the TV series Merlin and Doc Martin. What is the best way to get there, starting from either London airport? I was thinking of taking a train to some spot in the desired direction and then renting a car for the duration.

more
    • popsottery's Profile Photo

Travel to london

London Apr 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

We are travelling to London next week to 'hopefully' sort out our Russian visa's. We are driving up from the south west along the a303 and m3. Does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts of London so we can catch the train in. We could catch the train from Exeter but for 4 of us I would need to sell the house to pay for it.

more
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

Twin bed hotelroom

London Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hi.

I will be visiting London the 23th and 24th of May. Coming from Harwich to Stratford and am looking for a budget hotel with twin bed hotelroom (2 single beds). Budget is around 100 pounds maximum and looking for a pretty central place near a tubestation. Any tips near for example Kings Cross or Stratford and maybe a hidden gem?

Thank you! :)

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Area around the Oval Space.

London Apr 23, 2015 at 4:38 AM

We are travelling to London craft beer festival at August. The festival takes place at place called "The Oval space". My husband suggested we could stay near it, but we´ve never been in that area. I think we wouldn´t need to, since we stay 4 nights, and planning to go there for one day. Or what do you think? How is the area? We´ve stayed at Paddington, at the City (near Liverpool street station) and at Victoria area before. None of them is a must now, could go to new area again. I´m searching for places at airbnb, they seem to be chepaer than hotels in London also.
      We like to go to a pub at night (craft beers are huge bonus on pub menu ;) ) and find places to eat near the place we stay.

more
    • Logistics suggestions please!

England Apr 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM

There are 3 of us traveling to Britain in May for 2 weeks. We want to spend about 5 days in London with 1 of those days to travel east by train and 1 day to go to Oxford and Warwick Castle. We then plan to take a train to Edinburgh for 4 days and do sightseeing there.
      My question is we also want to fit in Bath, Salisbury, Stonehenge, Michael's Mount and Tintagel. We are thinking of renting a car for this phase. I'm wondering if we should rent car in Salisbury and do Stonehenge and drive to Bath that evening. Spend a day in bath and make way towards Michael's Mount and do quick trip there and then on to Tintagel and drive along the coast by Tintagel and then head back to Salisbury. Can we take train from Salisbury to Heathrow?
      Please provide any insights, suggestions. My husband is nervous about renting a car and wife says "let's do it"!

more
    • Dodo22's Profile Photo

Public transport options from Heathrow to Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8

London Apr 23, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Hi - we are a party of 4 arriving at Heathrow and wanting to travel by public transport, or door to door shuttle if possible, to the Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8 with as few changes as possible. It would be wonderful if someone could let us know. Thank you.

more
    • 1 hour and 40 mins transfer in Heathrow. Enough time?

Heathrow Apr 21, 2015 at 7:14 AM

I will be flying in from Helsinki - LHR- Dusseldorf. In LHR i land in T3 and my flight out is T5. Bags will be checked through. I have one hour and forty minutes. Should i be worried? I will travel on Sunday 17th May 2015. Land in LHR 9.05 am and flight taking off for Dusseldorf at 10.45 am.

more
    • Irina_Blyumina's Profile Photo

Advice of Cumbrias Local

Cumbria Apr 20, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hello! I need an advice of Cumbrias Locals. I have a pen friend who lives alone in a small village Mealsgate. We had been exchaiging letters every day for more than 3 months till last Thursday whan he didn't answer my last message. He is not a person who stops correspondence without any explination and I am afraid that he may be in trouble. He relocated to Mealsgate about 2 months and don't know his neighbours. Most people come to this place only for a weekend. So if he felt bad or locked or anything else it was possible that there were nobody to hepl! I had a such type bad experience when I couldn't open my bathroom door and thought that I might stay there forever. So I worry and don't know what to do. I found local police email but I am afraid they will dicide that it is a joke. I actually hope that he is fine but his computer is broken or just doesn't want to communicate but I would like to be sure that he doesn't need help.
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Irina

more
    • Wicked and other musicals

London Apr 16, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Hi there, I'm coming to London in early July. I heard good things about "Wicked" and I would like to get a ticket online in advance. Where would you suggest to buy it? and if I want to save money and order the last row will it be good enough to watch and enjoy the show?
      If I'd get a chance to order another show, which would you recommend? and where do I buy it? (I already saw "Phanthom of the opera" when I visited London in 2011).
      Thanks!! :)

more
    • Do we need transit visa for UK?

Heathrow Apr 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM

We are travelling from Dubai to Lisbon (Europe).
      We have Portugal residence permit.
      We will reach from Dubai to London Heathrow, at terminal 5. After 6 hours we have flight from London Heathrow, terminal 3 to Lisbon. (same on Return)

My question is;
      1. Do we need a UK transit or Direct Air/Aisle visa?
      2. Will we cross any UK border from terminal 5 to terminal 3 or vice versa?

Advice!

more