Stryn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• One day in svolvaer

Lofoten 14 hours ago

Hi. I have a full day in slovaer and my accomodation is in slovaer too. Wondering what I can do as early as day break and besides visiting reine, any other recommendations pls?
      Thanks.

more
    • manojk2210's Profile Photo

Travel from bodo

Norway Feb 5, 2015 at 6:12 AM

Hi,
      My interest is in Midnight Sun I am planning to travel Norway in end of June,2015.
      I wanted to know what are the modes of transport from bodo to lofoten islands and its cost? Also, what is the cost of staying in lofoten Island in a hostel. After a stay of day or two in lofoten i am planning to go to Narvik-kiruna-stockholm. how much time does it take to reach Narvik from lofoten islands by bus and what is the timing of train from Narvik to Stockholm. Where can i book tickets ? (Will i be able to Experience Midnight sun in this route or will i have to go to tromso ?)

more
    • One day ashore in Lofoten

Lofoten Feb 27, 2015 at 8:03 AM

we are coming in June aboard NCL Star and would appreciate advice on what to see in such a short time please.

more
    • Weather in early May

Lofoten Feb 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM

Hello,

we are planning to visit Lofoten in early may.. First stop being Reine.
      I would like to know if it is a good time to be there , and whether there will still be snow.
      Personally i prefer more greenery and clear skies.. can i expect that in first week of May ?
      Would appreciate any suggestions, else i might plan my trip a bit late in the month of May.

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

nightlife and new moon phase

Tromsø Feb 17, 2015 at 2:23 PM

investigating a possible trip for next year, end of december 2016 and was wondering if tromso has much of a nighlife? I know it will be dark, but are bars open till at least 10pm? also, the dates we are thinking about, the moon would be in the "new" moon phase--is that too bright to see the Northern lights? I know it depends on nature if we see this or not, and we would book with a company--but I wanted to see if we should even try at all. thanks!

more
    • manojk2210's Profile Photo

Oslo- Bergen

Norway Feb 27, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Hi

I want to ask whether it is possible to take night train from Oslo to Bergen, enjoy Bergen fjords without using Flam Railway then take a night Train back to Oslo. Or is the route very beautiful and should be traveled in day time only? My main purpose of visit to Norway is to experience Mid Night Sun.
      Please suggest
      Thanks

more
    • Gigixoxo's Profile Photo

Anywhere to grab some drinks?

Volda Feb 20, 2015 at 9:16 AM

Hi! I was wondering if there's anywhere that I can go out and grab some drinks here in Volda?

Thank you :)

more
    • August trip to Norway

Norway Feb 9, 2015 at 10:38 AM

I will be going to Norway the third week in August for 7-10 days. What are the area's of Norway that I should not miss in the short time I am there? I prefer mountains, fjords, and small villages as opposed to city's. What area of Norway is the most beautiful? I will probably fly into Bergen or Oslo and rent a car but where should I go from there?

more
    • Travelling from Oslo to Flåm by car

Oslo Feb 3, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Is it safe and possible to see beautiful landscape travelling by car from Oslo to Flåm?

more
    • melosh's Profile Photo

Oslo to Stockhom stopover?

Norway Feb 21, 2015 at 6:51 AM

I am looking for a great place -- town, lake, hotel about half way between Oslo and Stockhom for a one night stopover. Cost is a consideration but we want to take advantage of the fact that we will be traveling in a rental car at the end of September so it could be a little ways off the main route in either Norway or Sweden.

more
    • Alesund to Andalsnes by bus

Ålesund Feb 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM

What is the one way fare for t he 681 bus from Alesund to Andalsnes? Any other info would be appreciated!

more
    • traveling norway , finland, denmark , sweden on 13 th -30 th april 2015

Norway Yesterday

i am from sri lanka and hope to travel Norway , Sweden ,Finland, Denmark on April holidays ( 13 th -30 th April 2015 ) . like to have friends who like to party and like to travel. please give information about night life these places

more
    • Ryanmclean97's Profile Photo

2 Days in Oslo?

Oslo Feb 11, 2015 at 4:55 AM

Hello,

I am heading to Oslo for just under 2 days. Leaving tomorrow and I would like to know your suggestions on things to do, We're looking for mostly free things to do, but open to some paying attractions. We have done our research but would just like to hear some other peoples input. Also what is your best restaurant suggestions? We like Italian, Indian whatever really but would be nice if their waiters/waitresses spoke English.

Thanks,
      Ryan

more
    • Taxi between Stryn & Briksdalen

by skng Online Now May 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM

I will be traveling to Norway early June and would like to have glacier walk in Briksdalen.

However, I find that I can't depart from Stryn, have glacier walk and then back to Stryn in the same day by public bus. So I would like to know the price of taking a taxi from Stryn to Briksdalen in the morning (around 9:00) and then back to Stryn in the afternoon (around 18:00) in the same day.

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    • Norway traveller

by Lizzer22 Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Hellesylt Balestrand--I have found the route from Hellesylt to Styrn 7:25 am- 8:25 I can't find any routes from Styrn to Fjaerland or Flam or any any connecting towns that have ferries to Balestrand. Any help? Helen, you wrote it is possible, but I can't find it. thanks, Lizzer22