Stromness

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Clothing shop

Callander Jul 22, 2015 at 1:55 AM

My family and I was holidaying in Callander recently and my daughter found a Barbour jacket at a clothing shop on the main street, the sleeves were a little short, but as we live near the Barbour factory we have asked them if they can make one specially. However they need the design ticket number. So I need to contact the shop. It was quite a large shop in the main street. Can anyone help?

AbbieT2

more
    • adventure holidays for families?

Scotland Jul 21, 2015 at 4:43 AM

Are there any adventure holiday companies for Scotland that are suitable for families?

Planning on going in September/October.

I've found http://www.wildernessscotland.com - has anyone tried them?

Thanks for your help guys

more
    • sat1503's Profile Photo

Night out for 30-somethings

Edinburgh Jul 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I am lookimg for recommendations for a 30-something crowd in the city center. Anyone? Thanks in advance, Mike

more
    • Highlander

Edinburgh Jul 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Where could I find one shop or outlet where I can find Highlander articles?

more
    • maseru's Profile Photo

Shops in Inverness

Inverness Jun 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi there,
      I would like to know if the shops are open for groceries on Sunday.

more
    • How many days would you stay in the city if you just have 14 days in Scotland

Edinburgh Yesterday

And would you start your Highland-tour clockwise or counter clockwise ?

more
    • janetmt's Profile Photo

Looking for Suggestions for the Highlands

Scotland Jul 5, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Hi there, I am currently staying in Lentran (just outside Inverness) with my husband and two children (ages 14 and 6). We are looking for some suggestions that will take us off the beaten track a little after spending some time today on the North side of Loch Ness. While we loved South Side of Loch Ness, the north side was far too touristy for our liking and too crowded. We are hoping for some suggestions for good walks where we can see the beauty of the highlands in its wilder state. We are very active people - we just climbed Snowden a few days ago and loved that. More of that sort of activity is what we are looking for here. We are looking to explore the North Highlands as well as the central Highlands. We are here until this Saturday and would appreciate any suggestions that will help us to see the scenery that we have heard so much about.
      Thanks so much.

more
    • Amyfredjo's Profile Photo

Sandals In Glasgow/Edinburgh...is there any summer?!

Scotland Jul 25, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Hi folks, I cannot wait to visit Scotland, arrive Glasgow 8/15 for one day then on to festivals in Edinbugh for 4 days! On to London for last three days. Will take a day tour to Highlands and maybe another to St. Andrew/Fife.

Okay so I have a million questions but one is...can I wear sandals, is there any semblance of summer? Or just boots, warm coats? I know I know, bring a raincoat and umbrella and layer (got it!)

As I said, I have been dreaming of Scotland, and this is a special birthday trip!

Thanks all!
      Amy

more
    • evaanna's Profile Photo

Can you help me with planning an itinerary for a 10-day trip to Scotland?

Scotland Jul 23, 2015 at 2:38 AM

We want to visit Scotland this September. We are going to spend 3 days in Edinburgh (I have been there before so just want to visit the places I missed then and take more pictures) and then we want to rent a car and travel for a week. I wonder if you could help me with planning an itinerary? We want to enjoy as much of the wonderful scenery as possible and visit a few castles and other attractions (not distilleries :) ). We would have to choose those castles where the access is not too hard - no steep stairs or slopes to climb etc. I have been to Stirling and Linlithgow. I wouldn't mind a day trip to one of the islands too but don't know which one to choose. I will be grateful for any advice you can give.

more
    • car rental

Edinburgh Jul 15, 2015 at 10:57 AM

Greetings. I am thinking about renting a Ford C Max from Edinburgh airport to drive to Fort William. I've never driven one of these cars. Do you think it will handle the highland roads ok, or should I opt for a slightly bigger VW Passat?

more

Near Stromness