Stromness

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lunch around Glencoe

Fort William Jun 29, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Daughter and I driving thru around lunch. we are looking for some good home style Scottish lunch. any comments appreciated.

more
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Loch Ness boat trip

Inverness Jun 15, 2015 at 4:08 AM

Hi,
      We will visit Inverness this weekend. We will drive from Montrose early Saturday morning and reach Inverness / Loch Ness around 10-11 am. We would like to take a boat trip. Which would be the best way to arrange our itinerary? Should I directly drive to Fort Augustus and take the boat trip or do you suggest an alternative?
      I also appreciate your boat trip suggestions.Thank you for your help.

more
    • sat1503's Profile Photo

Night out for 30-somethings

Edinburgh Jul 1, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I am lookimg for recommendations for a 30-something crowd in the city center. Anyone? Thanks in advance, Mike

more
    • maseru's Profile Photo

Shops in Inverness

Inverness Jun 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM

Hi there,
      I would like to know if the shops are open for groceries on Sunday.

more
    • Glasgow to Skye

Isle of Skye Jun 14, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Travelling early July from Glasgow to Skye via A82 and stopping in Glencoe overnight. Does anybody have some Must see stuff on the route?
      Thanks

more
    • janetmt's Profile Photo

Looking for Suggestions for the Highlands

Scotland Yesterday

Hi there, I am currently staying in Lentran (just outside Inverness) with my husband and two children (ages 14 and 6). We are looking for some suggestions that will take us off the beaten track a little after spending some time today on the North side of Loch Ness. While we loved South Side of Loch Ness, the north side was far too touristy for our liking and too crowded. We are hoping for some suggestions for good walks where we can see the beauty of the highlands in its wilder state. We are very active people - we just climbed Snowden a few days ago and loved that. More of that sort of activity is what we are looking for here. We are looking to explore the North Highlands as well as the central Highlands. We are here until this Saturday and would appreciate any suggestions that will help us to see the scenery that we have heard so much about.
      Thanks so much.

more
    • best airport to come into Scotland

Scotland Jun 7, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Glasgow or Edinburgh? I will likely spend more time in Edinburgh but hear the airport has some growing pains

more
    • Highlands overnight driving trip from Edinburgh

Scotland Jun 26, 2015 at 3:55 PM

Unable to make a decision: please share (budget friendly) suggestions/tips! Rent car from Edinburgh airport and leave early first Saturday in August. Drive to Falkirk Wheel, Stirling Castle, Glencoe ...and then what? Most seem to head to Skye. We want to see the beauty and uniqueness of Scotland...should we skip Skye and go to Fort William, Loch Ness (Urquhart Castle), spend the night somewhere near Inverness or somewhere in the Cairngorms park. Make our way down the A9 and head back towards airport for car return around 4ish, then head to St. Andrews conference.

An overnight tour is not possible since they return around 7 pm and we need to take a train/bus to St. Andrews by 5. My ideal would be to drive all the way around the coast Scotland, but not enough time to do that. My one touristy pleasure would be to take the Jacobite steam train, but again! not enough time.

We are not golfers, and my husband enjoys some dram but would be more interested in salmon farming than a distillery. We would be thrilled to see some coos along the way. Many thanks!!

more
    • Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Does anyone know where Cold Stream, Scotland is?

Scotland Jun 23, 2015 at 7:04 AM

I have a friend searching for family in Cold Stream and he will make a trip to Scotland soon. I'd love to be able to point him to someone with insider information and local photos, tips.

more

Near Stromness