Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussolo's Profile Photo

path of the gods hike

Agerola Dec 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hello all,

I wanted to send a thank you note to the owners of the Kiosk of the Path of the Gods, does anyone know where to send it.

thank you, Aussolo

more
    • Grossetto to Saturnia

Saturnia Dec 23, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Is there any direct travel between Grosseto to Saturnia? I am taking a train from Florence to Grosseto. Thanks.

more
    • Close to Vineyards, Beach, and open Food Market?

Sardegna Dec 20, 2014 at 10:48 PM

We would like to rent a house for a month or two in Sardinia next summer. I would love to walk to Beach, get to know about Sardinian Wine and buy local seasonal ingredients from Open Market and cook every day. Is it possible to find a house where I can do all of these things?

We want 3 or 4 bedroom near a beach in a little town. We are family of 4 (2 year old and 5 year old) It would be nice to have few local stores / markets and restaurants but doesn't have to be a big town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

more
    • Coach Transport

Tremezzo Dec 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

We are trying to book a mini bus/coach to take our guests from the hotel to a restaurant the day before our wedding. The journey is only 2.5km or 5 minutes but I just wondered if anyone has any contacts or can put us in touch with anyone that can help?

more
    • Opera or Opera school recitals in Rome?

Rome Dec 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Last April one of the highlights of our trip to Venice et al, was an evening concert / recital at Scuolo Grande Giovanni Evangelista. It was a couple hours of "The Greatest Hits" that is, popular arias by well trained Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone artists.
      Beautiful venue and the ticket wasn't more than 30 Euro (maybe considerably less) + BTW.

We'd like to enjoy something similar when we visit Rome in April.

I'm not what you'd call a big Opera fan - That is, I don't think I could tolerate a complete performance of ANY of the classic but, I'd certainly enjoy another evening of highlights.

Suggestions?

more
    • janetanne's Profile Photo

Renting a flat by the year

San Vincenzo Dec 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Does anyone know how one could find an apartment to rent by the year in San Vincenzo? Are there any VT members living in this area or nearby? Thank you.

more
    • soniamcc's Profile Photo

Markets and restaurants

Praiano Dec 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I'm planning a trip for 3 couples to Italy...want to be away from the busy positano. Is Praiano a good place? Are there markets and restaurants?

more
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

How much and how long - a taxi from airport to Star Hotel President?

Genoa Dec 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Just as above - i have found the airport website

airport.genova.it/v2/index.p...

but cannot spot taxi information, in terms of cost or journey time. Anyone know ? Or am I just having an episode and the information is on the website ? thanks !!

more
    • DianaMS's Profile Photo

Malpensa T2 to Duomo

Milan Dec 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I need to know how to get from Malpensa airport (terminal 2) to the Duomo,
      I am only in Milan for a few hours and catching a later train to Venice, I would like to visit the Duomo, but need a place to leave my bags during my visit.
      What would you recommend?

more
    • Christmas Day

Rome Dec 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hello, we are a family of 4(2 adults and 2 teenagers), we will spend our Christmas vacation in Italy(Rome 4 days- Florence 2 days and venice 2 days). Do you have any suggestion for 24 and 25 december in Rome and around>
      Thanks

more
    • ylcard's Profile Photo

Cost of data only SIM cards

Rome Dec 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hello again!
      This time I need help with some numbers, specifically regarding the TCO of a (preferrably) data only sim card. Last time I bought a sim card for about 30€ and it included a hefty amount of 19GB of data, IIRC. I don't need 19GB, that was a huge mistake on my part, but oh well.

Thing is, the tariffs are confusing and they also don't tell the whole story, or rather - the price.. so when it says it costs X, it doesn't tell you that you also have to actually pay for the SIM, in addition to what the "package" costs you.

Since the Italian websites do not offer an English version (or in fact, any other language) it's even more difficult for me to understand how much would it cost me.

Obviously I did search Google, but many of the results are years old and may no longer be actual.

Will a kind soul go through the carriers with me and help me figure out the TCO of the SIM cards? I'm positive it will be very useful for everyone else, too!

more
    • Cabs in Milan

Milan Nov 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hello, we are student travelers who will be traveling to Milan shortly.
      We are hoping to hail a cab from Duomo to San Siro stadium, and we would like to know how much time and money would be spent on the round trip. We would be delighted to get an answer back.
      Thanks!

more
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Florence stay over New Year

Florence Yesterday

Hi, we will be travelling to Florence tomorrow, staying until 4th January. We would like to take the train on a couple of occasions to visit somewhere up to one hour away. We have been to Sienna a couple of time, we have stayed in Lucca and Pietrasanta; we didn't like Pisa! I was wondering about Bologna - worth visit? We are open to suggestions.
      Thank you

more
    • soniamcc's Profile Photo

Transfers in Italy

Positano Dec 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Arriving in Rome. Need transfers to Positano. Not the train. Which is the most reliable shuttle service? Thank you!

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurant near via Milazzo.

Rome Dec 23, 2014 at 6:49 AM

Could you suggest me some budget restaurant near via Milazzo or via Marsala?

Thanks.

more
    • Amalfi Coast Tours - Suggestions

Positano Dec 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Me and my wife are planning a trip to Positano and we would like to take few tours around the area and I was wondering if any one can help me out by giving some info in regards taking tours on the Amalfi Coast. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Printing of theatre tickets

Rome Dec 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My dear friends I am back with questions about Rome. Actually we have booked online tickets for the teatro dell' opera and I have chosen to print at home the tickets. I would mostly appreciate if someone who speaks italian could tell me if the following info they sent me with the confirmation e-mail asks for sth. more than to do a simple printing of the pdf form of the tickets. Thank you very much.
      Verifica nella tua area riservata del sito lo stato degli acquisti
      La scelta della modalita` d`acquisto attraverso la funzione "Stampa a casa" (stampa del biglietto a cura dell`acquirente, direttamente da casa) comporta l`accettazione da parte dell`acquirente delle seguenti regole:

- Il titolo d`accesso, inviato sotto forma di file PDF, allegato alla presente email, deve essere stampato a cura dell`acquirente;
      - E` fatto obbligo all`acquirente di assicurarsi che la stampa prodotta sia di buona qualita`;
      - E` possibile salvare il/i file e procedere successivamente alla stampa;
      - La stampa prodotta rappresentera` l`unico titolo valido d`accesso per lo spettacolo e pertanto dovra` essere necessariamente presentato integro al controllo accessi dell`impianto.Sino al giorno dell`evento i titoli di accesso saranno disponibili per il download e la stampa nella tua area riservata del sito.

TI RICORDIAMO CHE, COME SPECIFICATO NELLE CONDIZIONI D`ACQUISTO ACCETTATE, PER I TITOLI ACQUISTATI CON MODALITA` STAMPA A CASA NON E` MAI CONSENTITO IL CAMBIO UTILIZZATORE.
      Ti ringraziamo per averci scelto e arrivederci per un nuovo acquisto.

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Best transport from Marco Polo Airport?

Italy Dec 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM

My wife and I will be flying into Marco Polo Airport but staying in a small apartment near the Frari Church. Looks like we could make that trip either by road (taxi or bus?) or water taxi. Any suggestions regarding best option? Thank you.

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Palatine for disabled.

Rome Dec 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM

My mother has some mobility problems. Do you think it would be easy to go up the Palatinus for her. I have never been there, but I wish to do that.

Another question about that place. How long should I spend there for a proper visit?

more
    • Orvieto - Arrival strategy?

Milan Yesterday

We plan to arrive for a two night stay in Orvieto (by train) on Sunday afternoon. While we haven't selected our hotel as yet (it will be within the walled city - suggestions welcomed), I'm a little confused at to how to get from the station to "mid-town". I understand there is a funicular (sp?) but can't tell how far it might be from the station and whether a cab to "mid-town" might be more practical. We'll each be dragging 1-and 1/2 "carry on" bags.
      In an obliquely related matter: We planned to pick-up our rental car from Hertz on Monday - Will we be able to drive and park within the town?

more
    • annienvb's Profile Photo

Florence hotel

Florence Dec 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

My husband and I will be in Florence, Italy for three nights, including New Year Eve. What hotel would you recommend where we can walk to most things and enjoy the festivities? Thank you!

more
    • electric wheelchair

Rome Dec 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

my wife use standard electric wheelchair we like to travel in rome for 5 night take train from rome to florence
      ttay in florence 4 night and take train from florence to rome airport my Q is is it ok to move in electric wheelchair
      in rome and forence is tere are trains from florence to rome airport?thanks

more
    • o_henna's Profile Photo

Winter carnival

Venice Dec 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Please guide me all about the carnival. We are a young couple visiting venice specially to be a part of the carnival. Which will be a good place to stay? Where to rent the costumes and the balls to attend. We are on a budget, but yet would like to participate in all.
      Thankyou

more
    • are there clubs or cocktail/wine bars in stresa?

by shellcov Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

are there clubs or cocktail/wine bars in stresa? if so what time are they open until?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • Men's clothing shops in or near Stresa.

by Nickholly Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I will be on holiday in Stresa for a week from 16 July 2014 . Can anyone recommend good quality men's clothing shops in or accessible from Stresa by public transport please ?

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    • Cam corder tape

by Per-AkeWahlberg Online Now Jun 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Where can I find tape to my Camcorder.
      Sony DV M60MB, 60 min

pw515600@gmail.com

thanks for help

• Grand Hotel Bristol

by johnjolly Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Service, restaurants good? Menu's, drinks - prices?

• Milam Malpensa Airport

by christine.hulme1 Online Now May 8, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Is there a train from Milan Malpensa Airport to Stresa?

5 Answers May 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Transportation

by bennferg Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Is there coach transportation from Milan's Linate Airport to Stresa, and if so, how often does it operate?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • Stresa festival 2012

by KateRose Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Anyone been to stresa classical festival this year ?

• transfer stresa

by malian Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

how do I hire a driver to get from stresa to como?And how do I hire a driver to get from milan airport to milan city centre?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    • Stresa to Lago d'Orta

by lhambleton Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Can anyone recommend a guide who can provide transportation from Stresa to Lago d'Orta and back to Stresa for 2 people. We would like to vist the Lago d'Orte Sacro Monte, the island and village, and perhaps Omegna if time permits, but will not have a car. We thought it would be more fun to spend the money on a guide who included the transportation in his/her fee than to rent a car and drive outselves.

1 Answer Dec 10, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • cruise by speed boat to Ascona

by annabru Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 10:13 AM

As I read there is an option to have a cruise on a speed boat to Ascona from Stresa, how long does it take and how much it costs?
      Thanks a lot for any help!

1 Answer Aug 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • milan travel

by RonBaxter Online Now May 1, 2011 at 1:45 AM

The best way to travel from The hotel Galileo Milan to Stresa

3 Answers May 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    • Venice to Stresa

by oh-io Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I am trying to get from Venice to Stresa on a Sunday in August. The only train schedule I can find gets us in too late. I want to arrive by 1400 or 1430. Is there a bus line? Should we get a car? We don't need a car otherwise as we are joining a group in Stresa. We could fly but have to connect through Rome and of course that is a little pricy on AirItalia. Any other ideas?
      Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    • eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

Transferring to Stresa in early April

by eleonorrigby Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I'm going to Stresa on Sunday in the beginning of April. I've heard there is a limited connection to Stresa this day.

I've been here:
      sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/ma...

I know the Alibus from Malpensa to Stresa will start run on 21 of April in 2011.
      Also I know that there is a local bus from terminal 1 to Gallarate Train Station by the SACO company. But I can't find the schedule as the Saco site doesn't work.
      Where can I find the correct schedule for SACO buses from Malpensa to Gallarate Train Station?

My flight is in the afternoon. Does it mean I can take only 13 30 or 15 30?

5 Answers Dec 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    • Train to Stresa

by Byhaia Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM

We are confused with the train schedule. We are going to leave Zurich and go to Stresa - the schedule shows we get to Stresa and then go on to Stresa NLM. What is the difference? Are there 2 towns? We are actually going to Isola Pescatori so we know we will have to take a boat from Stresa but didnt understand the 2 stops. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 15, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    • Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees Lake Maggiore

by Giallorenzo Online Now May 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Are gentlemen required to wear sport jackets for dinner?

2 Answers May 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    • Stresa or Baveno

by mazjohn Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM

We plan a couple of weeks on Lake Maggiore and wonder whether Stresa or Baveno is the better place to stay. We tend to prefer smaller resorts, such as Baveno, but like to do our own thing rather than go on organised excursions. So from the ease of getting around on local trains, buses, boats, etc. which would be the better base for us to stay in. I'd appreciate as much info as possible please. Thanks to everyone who bothers to reply!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • Transfer from malpensa to Stresa

by PJBsydney Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 3:08 AM

we will be arriving at Malpensa at about 7.30 on a Sunday morning late September and need to get to Stresa, hopefully in time to catch the Lake Maggiore Express since the Express does not run on Mondays or Tuesdays late in the season

I have had a few quotes from taxis at around 75 euros but if possible would prefer to take a bus, but unsure if we will make it in time to catch a bus without waiting around for hours.

What are the chances of just hiring a taxi from the airport? Would it cost more than pre-arranging a taxi?

Maybe the idea of the Lake Maggiore Express is unrealistic anyway.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    • Hotel Bristol, Stresa

by vivsteer Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

Your post is helpful but am wondering if there is much to do and what the nightlife/restaurants are like. We stayed at Lake Garda and found the resort very quiet, the ferries stopped at 7pm so we were stuck near our hotel. We are a couple in our early 50s who like relaxing surroundings but are happy to let our hair down in the evenings.

Many thanks

2 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    • Regina Palace

by lisa777 Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if The Regina Palace supply pool towels?

thanks

1 Answer Jun 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    • train service to chamonix mt.blanc

by muri98 Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 10:05 AM

We will be in Stresa this summer, and am trying to plan
      a three day excursion to Chamonix. What is the
      most direct bus or train service to this area?
      I have gone online with Trenitalia, but cannot access
      any timetables. Thanx!

3 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    • Bristol Hotel

by genebeans Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 8:18 AM

Can someone please give me the web site for Hotel Bristol in Stresa-I cannot get it anywhere and have tried everything on line and cannot find anyway to reach them via e-mail-Thanks you

3 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    • marsi77's Profile Photo

From Como to Stresa

by marsi77 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 5:11 AM

Will be visiting como towards end of August. Can anyone please help me in travelling from como to stresa? Shall I go by train or are there direct buses to Stresa from Como? 10x

1 Answer Apr 12, 2006 at 7:14 AM