Travel Answers
Stresa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra (prov di Novara)

Intra Mar 26, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Corso Cobianchi No 10 Intra Italy

Intra Mar 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I would like to know if this address still exists and if so what is it (residential or commercial etc.) as I am planning on visiting there in 2015 as part of my genealogy research. My father lived there for a number of years around 1948 (off the top of my head) before he came to Australia and the family were Righetti. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • Transportation

by bennferg Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Is there coach transportation from Milan's Linate Airport to Stresa, and if so, how often does it operate?

1 Answer Jul 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    • Stresa festival 2012

by KateRose Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Anyone been to stresa classical festival this year ?

• transfer stresa

by malian Online Now Apr 22, 2012 at 3:13 PM

how do I hire a driver to get from stresa to como?And how do I hire a driver to get from milan airport to milan city centre?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM
    • Stresa to Lago d'Orta

by lhambleton Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Can anyone recommend a guide who can provide transportation from Stresa to Lago d'Orta and back to Stresa for 2 people. We would like to vist the Lago d'Orte Sacro Monte, the island and village, and perhaps Omegna if time permits, but will not have a car. We thought it would be more fun to spend the money on a guide who included the transportation in his/her fee than to rent a car and drive outselves.

1 Answer Dec 10, 2011 at 12:20 AM
    • cruise by speed boat to Ascona

by annabru Online Now Aug 27, 2011 at 10:13 AM

As I read there is an option to have a cruise on a speed boat to Ascona from Stresa, how long does it take and how much it costs?
      Thanks a lot for any help!

1 Answer Aug 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    • milan travel

by RonBaxter Online Now May 1, 2011 at 1:45 AM

The best way to travel from The hotel Galileo Milan to Stresa

3 Answers May 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    • Venice to Stresa

by oh-io Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 8:51 AM

I am trying to get from Venice to Stresa on a Sunday in August. The only train schedule I can find gets us in too late. I want to arrive by 1400 or 1430. Is there a bus line? Should we get a car? We don't need a car otherwise as we are joining a group in Stresa. We could fly but have to connect through Rome and of course that is a little pricy on AirItalia. Any other ideas?
      Thanks.

6 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    • eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

Transferring to Stresa in early April

by eleonorrigby Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I'm going to Stresa on Sunday in the beginning of April. I've heard there is a limited connection to Stresa this day.

I've been here:
      sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/ma...

I know the Alibus from Malpensa to Stresa will start run on 21 of April in 2011.
      Also I know that there is a local bus from terminal 1 to Gallarate Train Station by the SACO company. But I can't find the schedule as the Saco site doesn't work.
      Where can I find the correct schedule for SACO buses from Malpensa to Gallarate Train Station?

My flight is in the afternoon. Does it mean I can take only 13 30 or 15 30?

5 Answers Dec 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    • Train to Stresa

by Byhaia Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM

We are confused with the train schedule. We are going to leave Zurich and go to Stresa - the schedule shows we get to Stresa and then go on to Stresa NLM. What is the difference? Are there 2 towns? We are actually going to Isola Pescatori so we know we will have to take a boat from Stresa but didnt understand the 2 stops. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Aug 15, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    • Grand Hotel Des Iles Borromees Lake Maggiore

by Giallorenzo Online Now May 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Are gentlemen required to wear sport jackets for dinner?

2 Answers May 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM
    • Stresa or Baveno

by mazjohn Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 AM

We plan a couple of weeks on Lake Maggiore and wonder whether Stresa or Baveno is the better place to stay. We tend to prefer smaller resorts, such as Baveno, but like to do our own thing rather than go on organised excursions. So from the ease of getting around on local trains, buses, boats, etc. which would be the better base for us to stay in. I'd appreciate as much info as possible please. Thanks to everyone who bothers to reply!

3 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 1:13 AM
    • Transfer from malpensa to Stresa

by PJBsydney Online Now Aug 16, 2009 at 3:08 AM

we will be arriving at Malpensa at about 7.30 on a Sunday morning late September and need to get to Stresa, hopefully in time to catch the Lake Maggiore Express since the Express does not run on Mondays or Tuesdays late in the season

I have had a few quotes from taxis at around 75 euros but if possible would prefer to take a bus, but unsure if we will make it in time to catch a bus without waiting around for hours.

What are the chances of just hiring a taxi from the airport? Would it cost more than pre-arranging a taxi?

Maybe the idea of the Lake Maggiore Express is unrealistic anyway.

2 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    • Hotel Bristol, Stresa

by vivsteer Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Hi,

Your post is helpful but am wondering if there is much to do and what the nightlife/restaurants are like. We stayed at Lake Garda and found the resort very quiet, the ferries stopped at 7pm so we were stuck near our hotel. We are a couple in our early 50s who like relaxing surroundings but are happy to let our hair down in the evenings.

Many thanks

2 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    • Regina Palace

by lisa777 Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 3:53 AM

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if The Regina Palace supply pool towels?

thanks

1 Answer Jun 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM
    • train service to chamonix mt.blanc

by muri98 Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 10:05 AM

We will be in Stresa this summer, and am trying to plan
      a three day excursion to Chamonix. What is the
      most direct bus or train service to this area?
      I have gone online with Trenitalia, but cannot access
      any timetables. Thanx!

3 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    • Bristol Hotel

by genebeans Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 8:18 AM

Can someone please give me the web site for Hotel Bristol in Stresa-I cannot get it anywhere and have tried everything on line and cannot find anyway to reach them via e-mail-Thanks you

3 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    • marsi77's Profile Photo

From Como to Stresa

by marsi77 Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 5:11 AM

Will be visiting como towards end of August. Can anyone please help me in travelling from como to stresa? Shall I go by train or are there direct buses to Stresa from Como? 10x

1 Answer Apr 12, 2006 at 7:14 AM