milan travel

by RonBaxter Online Now May 1, 2011 at 1:45 AM

The best way to travel from The hotel Galileo Milan to Stresa

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: milan travel

by K_V_B Online Now May 1, 2011 at 2:46 AM

Train.
    See www.trenitalia.it. Be aware that schedules several months in the future might not be online yet, so to get an idea of the schedule look up times for sometime in the next week (on the same day of the week you intend to travel). Buy tickets when in Milano.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Re: milan travel

by Mikebb Online Now May 1, 2011 at 3:17 AM

I believe the train would be best. When we visited we were on a tour coach. You will love the location and I recommend you take the tour to the island. Photos on my Stresa page.

• Manara's Profile Photo

Re: milan travel

by Manara Online Now May 1, 2011 at 6:47 AM

Your hotel is not far from the metro station San Babila, so you can easily use the metro to go to the railway station. If you take a taxi you will not spend more than 10 euro.

There are trains to Stresa departing from two different stations. The ones departing from Stazione Centrale are faster, nicer and have 1st and 2nd class. They depart every 2nd hour and it is not necessary to buy them long in advance. Trains departing from Porta Garibaldi are commuters' trains, they are more frequent but they are slower, because they make lots of stops, and they are often dirty and full of graffiti.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines