Stresa Travel Answers

change location
eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

Transferring to Stresa in early April

by eleonorrigby Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

I'm going to Stresa on Sunday in the beginning of April. I've heard there is a limited connection to Stresa this day.

I've been here:
sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/ma...

I know the Alibus from Malpensa to Stresa will start run on 21 of April in 2011.
Also I know that there is a local bus from terminal 1 to Gallarate Train Station by the SACO company. But I can't find the schedule as the Saco site doesn't work.
Where can I find the correct schedule for SACO buses from Malpensa to Gallarate Train Station?

My flight is in the afternoon. Does it mean I can take only 13 30 or 15 30?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: Transferring to Stresa in early April

by hawkhead Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 7:06 AM

I think, although I would wait for an Italian VTer to confirm this, that you are looking too far in advance. From what I gather, from reading similar questions re train and bus schedules in the Italian forums, the full schedules only come up about a couple of months in advance. I seem to also remember someone saying that you should look, say, only for the day of the week you want to travel and just use the current schedule as it doesn't vary much, if any.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Yeah, it's funny, it's almost like S.A.C.O. doesn't operate under that name any more, as I can't find a website for them at all - the website that I think you are referring to is part of the Lombardy Regional Transportation website.

Airport website aren't always updated as quickly as the bus websites are, so we can't take the SEA website as gospel either. On the other hand, Gallarate is only 12 kilometers from the airport (by car - as the crows flies, it's a lot closer).

I would be willing to bet that by the time you arrive at Malpensa, there will be some sort of bus service to Gallarate, and worst case, if there isn't, as a backup plan, you can always get a taxi to take you to the Gallarate FS train station. After all, Gallarate is the closest town to the airport - it's inconceivable that there wouldn't be any transportation between the two.

P.S. if you look at next Sunday's schedule for Gallarate to Stresa at www.trenitalia.com , it looks like there are 12 trains from Gallarate to Stresa between 1:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m., so you should have no problem getting up to Stresa once you've gotten to Gallarate...

Bill

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Is the bus timetable on this page?

http://62.101.84.174/trl_index.htm

I think it may be the H614 operated by Comazzi, although I can't find it in such detail on their site:

http://www.comazzibus.com/autolinee.php

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 10:10 AM

The table at comazzibus.com/orari/i_borgo... does show some buses from Malpensa to Gallarate, but too few...somebody has got to have more frequent service than this ;-)

Bill

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Dec 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM

One would think so....but if the demand is not there then perhaps it is no longer so?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines