change location
  • Drive from Bratislava to Strbske Pleso

by Rerica Online Now May 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Is it a difficult drive?

3 Answers May 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM
  • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Hiking from Morskie Oko to Strbske Pleso

by briantravelman Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM

So I'm going to Poland next summer, and I'm gonna be in the Tatras. Here's what
    I wanna do. I wanna hike to the summit of Rysy, and then cross over the border
    to Slovakia, and hike all the way up to Strbske Pleso. I thought it was closer,
    but it turns out it's about a 16 mile hike round trip. There's no way I'll be
    able to make that in one day, because of the steep mountain terrain. So whether
    I want to or not I'm gonna have to spend the night. I read that camping is
    illegal, because they want people to stay at their expensive hotels, so whether
    I want to or not I'm gonna have to get a hotel for the night, and then hike back
    in morning. What's the cheapest hotel and how much is it in U.S. dollars? Don't
    give me Litvor, 'cause I heard that one sucks. I heard Toliar is a good one, but
    which one would you recomend? It would only be for one night. Most likely my
    uncle and my niece would be going with me. My niece would be 14. I know in
    America, children under 18 are free. Is it the same in Slovakia? I really don't
    wanna spent too much money. Would it be better to just drive to Slovakia? That's
    what I was thinking about, but it would be about a 40 mile detour, if we went
    there by car. The hike would be more exciting too. I wouldn't mind going by
    myself if it would be cheaper.
    I really wanna see that palce too, cause I've never been to Slovakia. Would it
    cheaper to maybe stay in Popradske Pleso?

What would be better, do the hike or go by car?
    Also what's a good and cheap restaraunt? I'd like to try some Slovakian food
    while I'm there. I heard Restauracia Koliba is a good one.

Any other advise you can give me would be great!
    Thanks.

Oh and also, I'm an American and the people I would be going with are Polish, if
    that matters.