change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ina08's Profile Photo

Tip for a restaurant to celebrate

Edinburgh Nov 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

On Friday I will have my graduation ceremony at Edinburgh University (yes, I am a "mature" student, lol). Since we are busy on the Friday I would like to celebrate in a nice place the evening before.

What am I looking for? A nice, thoughtful atmosphere, setting and location, inspiring and attractive food and drinks, expense range: I would draw the line at 50 Pounds per person (it's a celebration, isn't it smiley??). We do not have a car and are staying at Portobello, so any place that is reachable by public transport or also by taxi will be fine.

I look forward to your suggestions. And maybe you'd like to join me for a drink on Saturday, I have posted a VT Meet.

more
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

Buchanan Bus Station

Glasgow Nov 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I plan to use megabus to reach Glasgow from Edinburgh in late february for daytrip. It seems the bus will arrive at Buchanan Bus Station. Can I walk from there to some basic attraction or will I need local transport?
      any ideas how to make an itinerary from there considering I'll be there for 5-6 hours?

19 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • Winter getaway outside Glasgow city

Glasgow Oct 23, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Hi,

I'm visiting Glasgow in dec and I know it's going to be freezing but i do want to visit and stay somewhere outside the city perhaps near a lake or something? Would appreciate any advise :) thank you!

5 Answers Oct 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • SERIOUS NIGHT OUT NEEDED.

Glasgow Oct 18, 2014 at 4:49 AM

My friend wants to go to Glasgow for a serious night out. Rave, hardcore music / hardhouse music. she will keep bouncing all night long (she is crazy) where is the best location for her to go please. thanks in advance.

12 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM
    • What to wear for winter?

Glasgow Oct 13, 2014 at 7:35 AM

I will be visiting Glasgow during the Christmas season this year and would like to find out how should I dress to keep myself warm since I live in a tropical country. Detailed answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • flat to rent

Glasgow Sep 6, 2014 at 2:46 AM

hello
      i am planning to study in Glasgow Caledonian University and i am looking for flat to rent or room, therefore i am worry about area, can someone give me information about area, or recommend quite cheep flat to rent near university

2 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 2:34 AM
    • Id accepted in glasgow

Glasgow Aug 20, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Where in Glasgow accept the young scot card as proof of age

5 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • scotty73's Profile Photo

transportation

Island of Mull Aug 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Travelling over to Mull from Oban end of November is there a bus service from the ferry terminal to Tobermory

2 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • Luggage Storage for a month...

Glasgow Jul 30, 2014 at 3:49 AM

I am a student form Italy and I will be coming to Glasgow in a week to visit the city. The problem is I have to go back to Italy after two weeks and then come to Glasgow again at the beginning of September.
      Is there a place I could leave a standard suitcase until then( in other words from mid August to September)?

7 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 12:03 AM
    • Ferry from oban to liverpool?

Oban Jul 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I can't find this route on any of the ferry websites. Is there a ferry from oban to liverpool? Thanks.

4 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • buy lingustine

Crinan Jul 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

hi all, coming up to visit crinan this monday, would love to buy some fresh lingustine from the pier to take home, can anyone tell me what time the fishing boats land? n also if they will sell to individuals?
      thanks in advance :)

1 Answer Jul 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • buss from glasgow

Loch Lomond Jul 8, 2014 at 6:02 AM

wat nimber and were can i get a bus from glasgow to balloch ,staying at the inn keepers lodge

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM
    • OBAN Railroad Station

Oban Jun 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM

How far is the Oban Railroad Station from the port where the Crystal Symphony be anchored? How much will a taxi cost? Or is there a bus?
      There is a 2-1/2-Hour bus tour but I need to get to the Railroad Station. Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • josemuniz12000's Profile Photo

Luggage Storage Central Station and Queen Street Station

Glasgow Jun 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Is there luggage storage at these stations? What is the cost? Can the facility handle large baggage ( 2 pieces at 23kg. one being a standard suitcase and one being a foot locker)?

8 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Public transport in Glasgow

Glasgow May 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM

What is the cheapest way to get from Glasgow international airport to 44 Hotspur st on a Sunday?

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • Rowan1113's Profile Photo

Glasgow B & B

Glasgow May 12, 2014 at 5:05 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Scotland and believe Glasgow will be our home base. Do any of you know of a B & B that you would recommend for a mid-September visit?

3 Answers May 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM
    • Lord Provosts House

Glasgow Mar 1, 2014 at 5:35 PM

Was there ever a Lord Provosts House (other than Provand's Lordship) if so where was it.

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    • Kinny811's Profile Photo

A working Mom (no time to plan) and a 14 year old daughter: traveling together

Glasgow Feb 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM

My daughter will have finished a school trip up in Glasgow, Scotland in June. I would like to meet her and then take a week to travel down towards London. No rush. . .we would like to make it an adventure, see little towns, try local fare, etc. I wish I knew more about the area, but I don't even know where to start. Help! :) Any guidance will give me a much needed boost and support net.

12 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    • Bike hire inveraray

Inveraray Feb 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Hi wandered if it is suitable to hire pedal bikes and if u can get a child seat on the back? We r staying in the argyll hotel and wandered what the walks r like for buggies?
      Thanks

2 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM
    • Public Transport

Glasgow Dec 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM

What public transport is available during the night?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM
    • UzairAbdullah's Profile Photo

ticket cost

Island of Mull Dec 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM

how much is a ticket to the island of mull by airplane

6 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    • Santiagues's Profile Photo

Glasgow-Edinburgh...Train or bus, in terms of sightseeing.

Glasgow Dec 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

HI there

I'll de doing a round trip from Glasgow to Edinburgh somewhere in the next Spring.

I've never been to any of both cities and It seems to me that I don't have any particulary strong reason to choose the train over the bus, and vice versa (time, money, location, etc).

What I'd like to know from you is if any of those itineraries is better than the other in terms of sightseeing.

I'll say it in a different way in case my English is too cryptic: Will I see a nicer Scotland landscape from the bus or from the train, neither or both?

9 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • melkarwor's Profile Photo

Where are other tourists or Scottish in Oban?

Oban Dec 2, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Hey, I am travelling through Scotland at the moment to find the best place to live... At the moment I am in Oban. Who would like to go into a pub, a restaurant, cinema or ding some trips with me?
      Hope to hear from you soon!

xx

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    • MacDougallGirl22's Profile Photo

Travel seasons

Oban Nov 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

When are the peak and off-peak seasons for travelling to Oban???

3 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 11:33 PM
    • Raunchy_Poet's Profile Photo

Commonwealth Games - parking and B&Bs

Glasgow Oct 27, 2013 at 5:58 AM

We got tickets! So now we have to find a place to stay and where to park.
      (1) Parking: websites suggest Queens Park when Hampden Park has events. Should we take up that suggestion?
      (2) B&B: hotels on internet are either fully booked or charging £100s per night. Any thoughts? Any locals know somewhere? Got a spare room? :)
      Hope someone can help! Thanks, Steve

6 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • Wedding reception at Brig a Doon House

Alloway Sep 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Are there any B&B's close by that hubby and I can stay for one night? They all seem to be a ten minute drive away..
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM
    • visit islay

Islay Aug 30, 2013 at 10:28 AM

the best way to visit Islay? Hire a car for 1 week or use a taxi?

2 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • building tower

Inveraray Jul 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

What is the building looking over the water on top of the Hill from the sea front?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    • Street parking

Oban Jul 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Hi,

I'll be staying at a guesthouse in the vicinity of Albert Road, and the proprietors say there's street parking or a local pay and display car park. How likely is it that I'll be able to find street parking in August? Does anyone have any tips for a safe place to park without paying? Thanks very much.

Cathy

4 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • Typical restaurant in Glasgow

Glasgow Jul 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Can anyone recommend a nice typical restaurant in center Glasgow?
      Thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM
    • kehale's Profile Photo

Great Airport Transfer Company

Glasgow Jun 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

We will be flying into Glasgow on August 26th to begin our honeymoon. We'll be heading up to Loch Lomond first, and we are looking for a great company to use for our transfer from the Airport to our hotel in Loch Lomond. After an overnight flight, we just want to be able to relax on our ride up there and would like to use a reputable company with great prices! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! :)

3 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM