Stratford-upon-Avon Travel Answers

change location
clarecas's Profile Photo

In desperate need of a hotel!

by clarecas Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Hi I was just wandering if anyone could help me. I'm a student and I'm travelling with a friend to stratford for three nights and are looking for cheap accomodation preferably not too far from the town centre. Unfortunately everything I've found is way above our budget, do you have any suggestion of hotels/hostels?or sites that can be helpful?
Thanks very much,
clare

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Tdiver's Profile Photo

Re: In desperate need of a hotel!

by Tdiver Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Have you tried here, should be a few.
    stratford-upon-avon.co.uk/so...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 14, 2007 at 11:13 PM

The Youth Hostel nearby is your best bet, though it's not actually in Stratford itself. There is a bus (77), and Stratford station is about 2.5 miles away. It's the only hostel in Stratford, btw.

yha.org.uk/find-accommodatio...

Failing that, you'll have to trawl through the B&bs listed online for the best price. Stratford, being a major tourist draw, is not an area which provides much in the way of cheap accommodation.

• Watsoncomper's Profile Photo

by Watsoncomper Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Hi

I can confirm the comments already made. Stratford is one of the most tourist visited places in the UK outside London and as such the accommodation prices reflect that.

I host business people from time to time in the area and find the most cost effective way is to host them in places outside Stratford but then you need transport to get in and out. Alternatively look to places such as Warwick or Leamington where there is a larger choice of accommodation and then catch the train to Stratford. Train fair is £3-80 for a cheap day return. http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk

Otherwise I am afraid you have to bite the bullet and pay the going rate in Stratford. Please note that during the summer finding a place at all can be difficult as accommodation becomes fully booked very quickly

• Re: In desperate need of a hotel!

by robinho Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM

last time I've been to Stratford, I've stayed at Salford Hall.
    http://www.salford-hall.co.uk
    It is really grand old building and I think they have a 2 for 3 deal going on. The only problem is that it's about 6 miles away from town centre so if you don't have a car you are in trouble :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines