Stratford-upon-Avon Travel Answers

change location
lou31's Profile Photo

Cotswolds tours

by lou31 Online Now Oct 23, 2004 at 8:29 PM

Hi to all, I will be in Stratford mid May next year and am trying to organise an itinery for my UK holiday. Can anyone tell me if I can get some sort of tour either day or overnight to the Cotswolds from Stratford? Also if I hired a car how far is it to places such as Broadway or Evesham and how long would a drive take? One more thing.......Can I catch a train from Stratford to Scotland and if not which would be the nearest station? Thanks in advance.........I'm in a bit of a pickle about how to best see the Cotswolds in 3 days. Cheers..................Louise

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: Cotswolds tours

by grandmaR Online Now Oct 23, 2004 at 9:23 PM

astraltravels.co.uk/uk-londo... is a tour from London to the Cotswolds and Stratford. Possibly you could end up in Stratford after starting in London. livingplanet.co.uk/excursion... Here's another site. evanevans.co.uk/enchanting.h... is a one day tour. ukstudentlife.com/Travel/Tou... is a 2 day tour Yes you can go from Stratford to Scotland, but it may not be direct or quick. I got the following schedules from Virgin Friday 3 December 2004 Depart 10:23 11:23 11:23 12:23 Arrive 16:25 17:25 18:12 18:17 Changes 2 3 2 2 Duration 6:02 6:02 6:49 5:54\ (I tried for sometime in May and it wouldn't accept the date)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cotswolds tours

by Ben241 Online Now Oct 23, 2004 at 11:44 PM

Try http://www.clarkescoaches.co.uk/ They have a great reputation, They also do tours to Stratford - on - Avon, Cotswold & Scotland. Send them an email with your request. Have a fantastic trip Ben

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Cotswolds tours

by DUNK67 Online Now Oct 24, 2004 at 10:23 AM

evesham is 13 miles from stratford and broadway is 6 miles from evesham. you can get a train to scotland from stratford, you probably need to change at birmingham. try www.thetrainline.com for more info.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines