change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Help to find a shop with Sirop Monin

by jacquisuiza Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I am quite often in Strasbourg and found last year this shop that sells Sirop Monin. I can’t remember where it was but would like to go in a few days and buy some more.
      Perhaps it is from the cathedral walking across the tramway in direction of Grand’ Rue. Somewhere there in one of those narow streets.
      "Strasbourg" - Strasbourg Travelogue by jacquisuiza

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • Basel to Strasbourg

by edgorbatov Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 10:50 AM

What's the best way to get from Basel river cruise port to the center of Strasbourg? How much might cost a taxi?
      Thank you.

7 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • KarenK40's Profile Photo

Strasbourg Cathedral

by KarenK40 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 12:52 PM

There is a plaque dedicating something to the memory of American soldiers who helped free France. What is it dedicating?

5 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Brochure on Batorama boat tours

by shaleeweav Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 4:45 AM

How do I get a brochure for all my information that I may need for the Batorama boat tour?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    • Closures 1st May 2014

by mkairouz Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Will the shops and restaurants be closed on the 1st May, 2014 public holiday?

6 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
    • sindar225's Profile Photo

Road to Mont St.-Odille

by sindar225 Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm going to visit Strasbourg in the end of March and, for sure, I intend to see some attractions there. One of the most attractive places I want to see is Mont St.-Odille, but there is a trouble. I found out that there is no direct bus(or any kind of transport) from Strasbourg to St.-Odille in this period. The closest point the bus 257 goes to is Ottrott, but there is still few kilometres to go on foot. It seems inconvenient.

Is there any better way to get to Mont St.Odille without long walking on foot?

6 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • Big Size shoes

by chrisorlis Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Hello i would like to inform me if there is any sop with nig size shoes.bigger than 46 europe size..Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Cycling in December

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Will be visiting Strasbourg at the end of December. Was wondering if it is viable to cycle, considering the weather? Would particularly like to cycle along the Canal du Rhône au Rhin. Any advice?
      If it is doable, any suggestions on where I can rent a bicycle. Will be staying close to the station.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Hire of domestic equipment

by neiljoseph Online Now Oct 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I would like to hire a domestic freezer and a portable air-conditioning unit in August 2014

3 Answers Oct 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM
    • rail travel

by athenaandrocky Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 2:36 AM

visiting strasbourg next week and would like to travel to Basel by rail from there, looking for information re same.

7 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    • Private Taxi

by Clonmoyle Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Has anyone used a private taxi for airport pick-ups and travel in and around Strasbourg? If so would you share email or telephone details please and of course recommendation. Thank you, Clonmoyle

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 5:56 AM
    • Preference

by Rezanaderi Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Hi.I m supposed to visit strasbourg from sep 30 to oct 3.what could be the best plan to see the most possible during such a short stay?

5 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM
    • Rally France

by Clonmoyle Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We are coming to Rally France and want help with transport to rally stages. Ideally if we could find someone who was interested in rallying and could be our private taxi for 3 days from Oct 4th - 6th at a reasonable rate. We 3 will be in Strasbourg for a week from Oct 1st. Possibly some local coach company might be doing minibus trips to various stages.

5 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM
    • buying a tv set

by Costasgr48 Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 4:21 AM

where can i buy a new cheap tv set?

3 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    • Strasbourg - Munchen...and also Ljubljana - Strasbourg

by Duleddie Online Now May 30, 2013 at 6:09 AM

What is the best transport from Strasbourg to Munchen? Any BUS suggestions...or cheap train? And also, from Ljubljana to Strasbourg... Any idea? Thanx

1 Answer May 30, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    • fabric

by cjstolt Online Now May 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I will be visiting Strasbourg at the end of June. Can you recommend a shop where I can buy fabric by the metre?

8 Answers May 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • Strasbourg or Colmar New years Eve?

by jessnutella Online Now May 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Hi, I will be heading to either Colmar or Strasbourg on the 30th of Dec from Munich and spending two nights there. I will be going to Paris on the 1st of Jan. Would it be possible to visit both Strasbourg and Colmar in this time. For example, could I base myself in Strasbourg but also add a visit to Colmar since it's a short train ride? Or would I be better off choosing one over the other? I know that I won't be able to see everything I want in such a short amount of time, but I am having great difficulty deciding which place to go!

I'd like to see the Christmas markets and of course the lovely wooden architecture (as the major priorities) and all other sites as a bonus in the short time I will be there. I enjoy good food and taking in the sights. I will be traveling with my partner.

19 Answers May 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    • Herkbert's Profile Photo

Best towns to visit around Strasbourg?

by Herkbert Online Now Apr 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hi.. We have made arrangements to rent a car for two days while in Strasbourg. We are already planning to take a train to visit Colmar on another day. So my question is: what other towns should we "not miss" within the area? We'd like to catch some of the sites and maybe even stop at a winery for a visit. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.. Tom

9 Answers Apr 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM
    • Cost of Cheapest Travel from Alsace to strasbourg

by Maryblake Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 7:52 AM

what is the cheapest way for a family of four to get to Paris from Alsace in August 2013?

4 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • Cycle friendly accommodation

by HelenMcC Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I need one night's affordable accommodation reasonably near to the station...in a place which has cycle storage too

7 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM
    • AlesyaT's Profile Photo

from Poznan to Strasbourg

by AlesyaT Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

hi guys, do u know the cheapest way to get from poznan(poland) to strasbourg ?? thanks

the cheapest i found is a ticket for 70 Euros, it is direct bt by bus

4 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    • Herkbert's Profile Photo

Strasbourg hints - May 2013.

by Herkbert Online Now Jan 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Hi folks!

We'll be traveling to France in May 2013 and will have 5 days in Strasbourg. We'll be traveling around by train and I was hoping for some hints from people on places to visit around the area. We'd also like to find a guide or tour that can take us to a couple vineyards.

Anyone have any ideas? Can you recommend a guide or tour group?

Many thanks.. Tom

4 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    • night at train station

by shital Online Now Dec 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I'll be arriving on strasbourg at 11 pm and leaving at 7am in the morning. Since it is 24th of december, no hotels are availiable. Can I spend the night in the train station? Is the station open until the next morning?

5 Answers Dec 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    • AndreaM33's Profile Photo

French language terry cloth baby bib

by AndreaM33 Online Now Aug 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I was in Strasbourg in May and purchased some stork items. One was a biege colored terry cloth baby bib written in French saying something like "I love my moma." I left it at my hotel accidently and would like to order another. Does anyone know the name of a shop where it can be purchased?

3 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • Laundromat in Strasbourg

by sketts Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM

We will be in Strasbourg halfway through our three week trip. Time to wash clothes, but where to go? Does anyone know of a laundromat in Strasbourg, preferably near the train station?

Also, we want to rent a car in Strasbourg then drive through the Black Forest and Bavaria. Are there any restrictions on crossing the border, and do we need any special drivers license, or will our Texas DL suffice?

11 Answers Apr 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    • A week in Strasbourg at the end of April 2012

by chrismiami Online Now Mar 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I will be spending a week in Strasbourg at the end of April. I am retired, speak French and want to see places of historic interest. What do you suggest? I would also like to make a couple of side trips with public transportation. Maybe Nancy?

7 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    • jillhome's Profile Photo

Vacation apt in Strasbourg center

by jillhome Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

My friend and I are seeking an apt for 1 week in early July 2012. One place we found is on rue de la première armée. Can anyone comment on the area and/or can anyone suggest decent apts and areas? many thanks. VT has always been so helpful when I plan trips. I tell everyone I meet about how great it is!

5 Answers Dec 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM
    • Basel to Strasboug using Alsa+ 24 hrs

by peppersteakraw Online Now Oct 15, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to buy the Alsa+ 24h ticket from Basel SBB to make our way to
      Strasbourg? Or should we cross over to France side (Mulhouse?)for the Alsa+ ?

TIA

1 Answer Oct 16, 2011 at 2:41 AM
    • Week in Strasbourg Alone?

by BlackIsis Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I have unexpectedly got the chance of a trip to Strasbourg in September, I will be there for 1 week, alone during the day and most evenings, without a car (unless I hire one) and probably staying in a basic hotel near the airport. It's not sounding like the best trip ever but I am looking forward to it, being in France again and seeing a part of the country I dont know well. None of the down-sides of this bother me but has anyone got any suggestions of how to fill the time after I have tired of the city centre?
      Thankyou in advance to all you lovely, clever and helpful VT members!

5 Answers Aug 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    • Thommmo56's Profile Photo

Strasbourg/Colmar at Christmas

by Thommmo56 Online Now Jun 29, 2011 at 4:39 AM

Planning on visiting Strasbourg over Christmas.. and as we will be there on Christmas Day we are looking for Hotels or Restaurants that will be catering for Christmas Dinner. we will have a hire car so should we have to travel that is not a problem, we were even thinking of Colmar..

Anybody have any suggestions so we could make an early reservation

Thanks