Strasbourg Travel Answers

change location
jillhome's Profile Photo

Vacation apt in Strasbourg center

by jillhome Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

My friend and I are seeking an apt for 1 week in early July 2012. One place we found is on rue de la première armée. Can anyone comment on the area and/or can anyone suggest decent apts and areas? many thanks. VT has always been so helpful when I plan trips. I tell everyone I meet about how great it is!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • JLBG's Profile Photo

Re: Vacation apt in Strasbourg center

by JLBG Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 8:19 AM

The area is fine. You will be at walking distance from the old city center (Petite France). One end of rue de la Première Armée is just on the other side of the bridge for "restaurant de la Vieille Douane" and the Petite France district. As rue de la Première Armée is about 500 m long, this the farthest you can be !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jillhome's Profile Photo

by jillhome Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Thank you so much for response. One other question....is the area very lively, or on quiet side? They do not seem to be charging as much as other apts and I am curious as to why? It is simply referred to as apartment Le LN on first floor with 3 bedrooms for only 490 euro. I am wondering if it right next door to a nightclub! :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo

by JLBG Online Now Dec 12, 2011 at 12:32 AM

What is the exact address (number). The street is at least 500m long and quiet as a whole but I can have a look at the closest neighborhood.

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Dec 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM

yes youy have good advise so far. Nothing to worry about the area and Strasbourg is fantastic. Its near the university area, across river from the center. you can look at VT destination for tips by posters like us, and www.homelidays.com for in city apartments. The tourist office there should help too.
    Hope it helps your planning

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo

by Kakapo2 Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I am rather sure a tramway line leads through this street, so it can be very noisy if the apartment is on the side of the street and not on the backside of the building.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines