Stra

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Base city to hike in the Dolomites

Cortina d'Ampezzo Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where is the best place to stay when hiking in the Dolomites? Is Cortina d'Ampezzo a good place to act as a base? Do you need a car to get there? Or is it possible to get there by train?

Thanks.

more
    • where to eat/hangout in Mestre

Mestre Apr 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM

group is looking for resturant/pub, we are all staying in or near the Marco Polo or Hilton Garden prior to crusie and want to gather on a friday night, experience some good local food. What do you suggest?

more
    • transportation

Venice Apr 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM

HI,
      Can I get from the port to the train or de bus station by walk?
      What is the best way to travel from Venice to Bologna, train or bus?
      That you.
      Sylvie

more
    • venice guided tour for 26

Venice Apr 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Any advice for what's available for a tour for 26 people
      on Tuesday?

more
    • butterfly house

Vicenza Apr 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM

what is the name of the butterfly house /park run by the handicapped, it is not in Padoa.

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Difference between HelloVenezia Venice Card and VeneziaUnica City Pass

Venice Apr 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello all

I was looking for Museum and Church passes in Venice and I found the following 2 passes:

1. HelloVenezia Venice Card : hellovenezia.com/index.php?o...

2. VeneziaUnica City Pass : http://www.veneziaunica.it/en/

I was planning to consider the Junior version of both the cards(around 30 euros) which would be lesser than the individual costs of destinations. Both the cards cover the same attractions and are equally priced. Can anybody help me understand, what is the difference between both these passes. Also which pass should I buy among the 2? Are they bought online or can be bought at Venice. I would be arriving from VCE airport.

Also one more question, will I be eligible for the Reduced ticket for Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour with either of these passes?

Thank you
      Abhinav

more
    • wreaths on women's heads

Verona Apr 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Seen several women today with wreaths on their heads..why?

more
    • onewhisky's Profile Photo

Opera at Verona Arena.

Verona Apr 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

We are going to see Opera in Verona Arena Sat night Sun morning, my best guess is a 2am finish. We are staying in Desenzano Del Garda. So train in is no problem. How easy is it going to be to book and then find my taxi after Opera finishes please? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

Any special little tucked away places, or suggestions besides the obvious?

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

We will be staying in an apartment , in the San Marco, in May.

I highly recommend staying in an apartment as opposed to a hotel,

especially in someplace as expensive as Venice.
      We can prepare our own breakfasts and take some snacks with us on our travel.

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days itenary

Venice Apr 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Venice is my final city for a 11 days holiday and I plan to spend 3 days. Would like some help with itenary.

- Can I have some suggestions on what to cover within these 3 days (first time in Venice)

- is staying on the island recommended? While this is more expensive, do I need to travel around? Looking for shortlist of accommodation in San Marco / San Polo and Marghera. On tight budget, so appreciate views.

- will be arriving on train from Milan. Is there a recommended way to get to city?

- what is the best way to head to airport on last day?

Any other helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

more
    • One night in Venice after cruise

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM

We will be getting into the Port of Venice in the morning, and have a flight to leave the next day at 9:50 AM. Because of this flight time, we chose to stay near the airport. So our plan is to get off the boat and head directly to the Marriott Courtyard to drop off the luggage. Then, after that, head back to the center of Venice for the rest of the day and into evening. My question is this: What is the best transport from the Port to Marriott Courtyard (no shuttle service offered by hotel from Port), and the best way back to the center of town from the Courtyard? thank you in advance!

more
    • Italy to Dubrovnik

Venice Apr 17, 2014 at 2:27 PM

We want to go to Dubrovnik in the middle of May. We are coming from Dubai and thinking of landing in Venice. What do you think would be the best way (by land) to get to Dubrovnik? We are really flexible... either by train/bus or by ferry/train/bus? What do you suggest?

more
    • One day in Venice

Venice Mar 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I have just 1 day and 1 evening to spend in Venice. How would you have used the time?

more
    • marco polo airport transfer

Venice Apr 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hello I am traveling on my own to Venice and I am arriving to Marco Polo Airport. My hotel lucy is in Via Santo Stefano, Campalto, could you please advise me what is the best way to get to the hotel? thank you sylvia

more
    • Bus/Train which is best?

Venice Mar 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What is the best way to travel from Venice to Maribor? Bus or Train ? Would prefer direct route.
      Would appreciate your help.
      Bebelone.

more