change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Theofiel's Profile Photo

cottage rental

Penzance Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

looking for an apartment vacation rental in Penzance with a coastal view, any suggested places?

more
    • Preston to Blackburn - options?

Lancashire Mar 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Hi there,

I'm wanting to go from The Universty of Lancashire's campus in Preston (PR1) to see a friend at St. Mary's College Blackburn (BB1), on the 31st of this month. I'm wondering what the cheapest/fastest way to do this is. Is there a particular bus line that I could take, and where's the best place I could catch this bus?

Thanks and all the best, Hashim

more
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

more
    • Restaurant advice!

Cambridge Mar 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere for a Saturday night for 6 people to celebrate my husbands 50thbirthday. Really good food and atmosphere is important. I wondered if any locals could help? There is a place that looks like they do good steaks with a rooftop bar, but it's attached to a hotel, not normally a recipe for plenty of life! Have looked at Cotto's website but lack of wine prices scares me. I've seen somewhere called Cau, doesn't look overly special but maybe someone could tell me different? Would appreciate ideas, thankyou

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Are there any ghost hunts in Rugby

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Staying in Southwark

London Mar 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Is there any self walking tour maps available for Southward area (London Eye, Tower Bridge etc)?

more
    • One day tours to lake district from Edinburg

Lake District National Park Mar 25, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone suggest one day tours to Lake district say Windermere which through my search have found to be one places that could be visited in Lake distrcit when you just have a day.

more
    • the market

Hunstanton Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM

hi i hear there is a good market nearby what sells good quality product is this correct and where and what is the name of it plz

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Are there any ghost tours in or around Rugby

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

London market or Car Boot sale that is recommended weekdays, Tu - Fri, last 2 weeks of June

London Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM

For older, collectable, antique & unusual items. We have looked at streetsensation.co.uk/market... and it seems that Camden Passage, Spitalfields, Bermondsey Market, Piccadilly Market & Gray's Antique Market might be possibilities. Looking for all comments and sometimes Car Boot sales can even be better, is there a good web site that lists Car Boot sales? Hopefully something NOT as busy as Portobello Rd. is on a Saturday. Thank you all.

more
    • How much to budget for for one week

London Mar 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hi all

I am just wondering if anyone can help with a rough estimate of how much we should budget for per day in London. We will be there for one week in April. We will only be requiring 2 meals per day as we have breakfast provided at our hotel. And we have an Oyster card for travel as well.

more
    • Where to park in Marlow

Marlow Mar 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM

I'm having a long awaited girls day out with a friend today and we have decided to visit Marlow. We will probably walk by the river, visit the bridge, stop for cups of tea and lunch.
      Where is best to park please?

more
    • Soccer stadiums

London Mar 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I want to watch a live soccer match. What stadium can I visit to do it?

more
    • Leaving LHR on Delta Airlines at 6:30am

London Mar 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM

We are currently scheduled to fly from LHR at 6:30am in the morning in June. We will be staying in a hotel on Glouster Road in Kensington for several nights prior to flying out of LHR. My question is: Do you think that it would be better to stay in a hotel near the airport or would we be just as well off traveling from Kensington at about Midnight and sitting in the airport for about 3 or 4 hours?

more

Cotswolds - 1/2 day

England Mar 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM

If I have half a day (lunch time till 5-6PM) what would you recommend me to see / do in Cotswolds?
      Any good recommendation for lunch?
      Would be driving and let me know if parking is easily available and how does the system works.

Thanks =)

more

From Heathrow to Tower Bridge

London Mar 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I am am arriving London Heathrow airport in the morning. I am heading to accomodation booked near Tower Bridge (I understand the nearest tube is London Bridge). Can you advise me the best public transport to get there? The most convenient option and the most cost efficient option (if they are not the same).
      Thanks =)

more
    • What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days

London Yesterday

What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days from Kolkata to London inclusive of travel, stay and sightseeing cost ?

more
    • Medical cover for UK and Australian tourists visiting the other country

London Mar 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM

I hear that there's some mutual agreement between UK and Australian governments that a citizen of either country while touring is eligible for free medical treatment in the host country. Is this true?

more
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

more
    • UK transit visa, can my brother bring my daughter to UK when travelling to US

London Mar 9, 2015 at 6:50 AM

I am already working in UK, my daughter (2 years) is in India and she just got a dependent visa last week. I was supposed to go to India for 2 week to pick her up later this month BUT now there is a possibility that my brother who is in India and may be travelling to US on B2(visit visa) later this month. he does not have any UK visa. So I was wondering on the following points…

If he can take US ticket via London (layover flight), can I meet him on Heathrow?
      Does he needs to have a transit visa?
      If yes, then where and how long does it take to apply for one?
      If not, can he bring my daughter outside, so i can take her from arrival point at Heathrow?
      My daughter needs to go through Immigration control and my brother needs to also take her luggage and bring her to arrival point so i can take her from there. does he also needs to go through immigration control, even through he will not come outside the airport at any point.
      On Gov.uk it says that if you have a confirmed flight to your destination within 24 hours and do not go though immigration control then you do not need to have a visa, in my situation he needs to take my daughter to immigration control and to pick her luggage.

Could any one please suggest, what are my options?

more
    • Oyster card

London Mar 1, 2015 at 12:25 PM

How much should I get on Oyster card for 2 to 3 days.

more
    • DAY TICKETS to Theatres

London Mar 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM

Firstly, a HUGE thank you to all who responded and gave helpful tips on how to best secure theatre tickets. I am quite techno-challenged and wasn't able to provide individual comments to all those who kindly took the time to answer. Now my question is regarding DAY TICKETS which seem to be offered at some theatres. Are they easy to obtain if I line up on day of performance? Are they snapped up so quickly that they are not worthwhile lining up for? Are the seats decent? I read that they could be in the very front row--I wouldn't mind these as my sister and I have high myopia which have progressively worsened in the last 3 to 5 years and need to be seated close to the stage. Also, what age does the Senior category start at? Your help is so much appreciated! Cheers!

more
    • Two years Barnstaple vs Truro

Barnstaple Mar 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM

I'm a Junior doctor in my early 20s and I have to choose between Barnstaple or Truro to live for the next two years for work, which one is better in terms of entertainment, cost of living and beauty?

more

Buckingham Palace Changing of the Guards

London Mar 15, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Hi - what is the best spot to catch changing of the guards and what time in advance do we have to get there?

I am thinking of a Friday morning or Sunday morning. Does it makes a difference - ie does it get less busy on a weekday?

more
    • Is it better to stay in Paddington or Kings Cross?

London Mar 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Looking to stay at either Tune Hotel Paddington or Tune Hotel Kings Cross, only. Interested in typical tourist sites such as Tower Bridge, London Eye, British Museum, but also shopping/other locations such as Hyde Park, Harrods, Piccadilly Circus. My friend and I are leaving through both Gatwick and Heathrow, so location in terms of traveling ease does not matter.

I would prefer to stay in the nicer area of the two, as I'd like to walk around a little and feel safe enough. I've heard Kings Cross is quite industrial, but has slowly been becoming nicer. I'm currently leaning towards Paddington because of its vicinity to Hyde Park and convenience in terms of shopping/leisure areas.

Which do you think is better?

Thank you!

more