Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coach hire for evening party

Scotland 2 hours ago

Trying to sort the coach hire out for my evening guests. Its around 40-45 minute drive from our town to the venue. I've just been quoted £320 to hire a coach that seats 30 people!!! but i think the price is too high
      I have searched some other companies and found Maynes Coaches prices within budget ..
      but are they reliable ??? Should i go with them ??

• Buildings and their uses?

Applecross Sep 27, 2015 at 1:24 PM

In 1969 I spent a few weeks in a large house with 30 kids from Glasgow schools, there was a boat house close by with canoes, and we walked for days and stayed in bothys! I was 14 and all I know was it was in Applecross. Does anyone know where or what house was used for this council run outward bound course?

• hirengoradia's Profile Photo

7-8 Day Itinerary

Scotland Sep 23, 2015 at 12:11 AM

We are a family of 5 including 2 senior citizens (my parents) and a 12 year old child. We plan to rent a car and tour Scotland. We prefer to set up base at 2 locations and travel around from these. Kindly suggest some itineraries for our tour

• sophie_07's Profile Photo

Edinburgh for a solo female traveller on a £30 per day budget, any tips? (Dec 17-19)

Edinburgh Sep 14, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I am thinking of spending a few days just to experience Edinburgh for a bit and see/do some useful things. On a budget, obviously. Not planning on doing a lot of outdoor sightseeing or shopping. Perhaps would be nice to experience some real proper Scotch whiskey. :) :) :) How cold will it be during those times, any tips on winter wear? Also, is it safe for a female 30yo? Dates: Dec 17 - 19 Accomodation preference: hostel/community accomodation (anything lively and with other travellers, I like meeting people) laugh

• Public Bus cost

by Nanner08 Online Now Feb 23, 2015 at 3:04 PM

We are arriving via cruise ship to Stornoway next summer, and I was considering using the bus to get to Callanish and the Black House museum. I have a bus schedule, but nowhere can I find cost for the bus. Anybody have a clue?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • Stornoway taxi costs

by gwenygwen Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Just wondering how much a taxi would cost from Stornoway airport to Back on a Thursday around midday.

1 Answer Aug 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    • rfi02's Profile Photo

reporting trip to Lewis and Harris May 13-18, looking foreward to get in touch with you

by rfi02 Online Now May 7, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Dear friends,
      I am a free lance travelling journalist writing and photographing forGerman language magazines, newspapers and working for the radio. May 13-18 I will be on the Hebrides islands for a report trying on these very few days to get the “spirit” of the islands and hoping to find out a little bit about what life is like there. Therefore, I would be happy to hear from you and to meet you maybe for a good pint in a joyful island pub.
      Looking foreward to your message – best is directly to

1 Answer May 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    • Four year old boy in Stornoway

by agnuscastus Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 4:04 AM

Please tell me what a four year old boy could do in Stornoway while he is on holiday with his parents?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM
    • distance from Stornoway to the Callanish Stones

by nah43 Online Now May 29, 2008 at 6:18 PM

How far is it from Stornoway to the Stones? Can anyone recommend a guide or transport?

3 Answers May 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM
    • Sights to see in Stornoway

by callanderw Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 6:17 AM

Can any one recommend any good places to visit whilst in Lewis? Thanks

4 Answers Jan 19, 2006 at 3:10 AM
    • buttercupthree's Profile Photo

What to do in Stornoway

by buttercupthree Online Now May 3, 2005 at 2:29 AM

I am planning a trip to Stornoway soon and was just wondering if anyone knew of any nice places to visit or of any exciting things to do while on my trip?

2 Answers Feb 26, 2006 at 3:53 PM
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Nude Sunbathing in Stornoway

by Arbuckle Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 3:28 AM

Hi, I live in Norway, I will be bringing a coach-party of gay men to Scotland in July, we will be visiting at Outer Hebrides. Can anyone tell us, is it okay to sunbathe nude in Stornoway? Here in Norway people aren't too bothered about such things: in my village people can sunbathe topless or nude in the churchyard. Is it okay to sunbathe nude in churchyards in Stornoway? Or do we go to the local nude beach?

11 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 12:17 PM