change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• StassS's Profile Photo

Walk Hampshire - England

Hampshire Nov 19, 2015 at 8:20 AM

Does there anybody here live in Alton, Hampshire, or is there anybody here is a walk-enthusiast, who had done some walks in Hampshire : Alton - Chawton - Farringdon (Upper) - Selborne; walk the South Down National Park and / or benefiting the South Down's rambler services (Refer to : Visit-Winchester or Visit-Hampshire) ?
      I am interested in those activities, yet haven't "seen" the latest reviews on them.
      Thanks anyone for sharing and posting reviews.

• paddington28's Profile Photo

Best Indian in town

Basingstoke Nov 5, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Off to Basingstoke for a weekend in a couple of weeks. Sat/Sun

Can anyone recommend a good Indian/Chinese for 2 people on a Saturday evening,

• Send a gift

Newcastle upon Tyne Nov 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM

My Granddaughter is studying in Newcastle University. I want to send her either candy/flowers for her birthday but I would like to order them from a local shop. Any recommendations?
      I would charge the item since I live in NY

• Restaurants with fairy lights.

London Nov 22, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Hi there, so my question isn't really a travel related question at all it's actually just about dining in London.. I'm trying to be very picky but I'm looking for a nice romantic restaurant of any cuisine that is decorated with fairy lights, now I know this sounds crazy but my parter has wanted to go to a restaurant of this description for some time and I just haven't been able to find anywhere. Somewhere that uses fairy lights to decorate the inside of the restaurant or even the trees around the building and things like that.. I really hope someone can help me! Thank you all for reading!

• Night out near wembley post concert

London Nov 7, 2015 at 7:16 AM

I am going to a concert in Wembley on a Saturday night and I would like to go out afterwards... My question is where can I stay so there is nearby access to it worth staying nearer the city?or should I stay near the arena and go out around there?sorry I really don't know the area at all but will be travelling by tube. Any advice would be really appreciated!

• kimilena's Profile Photo

Transport to Manchester Airport

Blackpool Nov 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Hi there, what is the cheapest airport transfer from Blackpool to Manchester?

• Christmas market from Dakota Nottingham

Nottingham Nov 19, 2015 at 10:13 AM

The best method of transport to get from the dakota nottingham hotel to the old market square (where the christmas market will be?)

• Do I need a VIsa

Heathrow Nov 18, 2015 at 7:40 PM

So I booked my flight from DME (Moscow) to Boston and i have a 2 hour layover in Heathrow. I was wondering if I will need to change the airport or to get out from the gate? Will a need a transit visa? I am a citizen of Vietnam

• Transit Visa required for UK if flight lands departs from same terminal? (Passport Indian Citizen)

Heathrow Oct 28, 2015 at 10:38 AM

I'm Indian citizen working in amsterdam with residence permit of netherland. I'm having flight from amsterdam to delhi via LHR. Do i need transit Visa if my flight is from same terminal with a layover of 5 hours. If yes, then please can you tell me what is the process and fees of the same. Also my first flight is of KLM (Amsterdam to LHR) and second flight is Jet Airways (LHR to New Delhi). There is change of planes so do i need to check in again and go from border control?? Please advice.....

• Night Time Facilities at Terminal 3

Heathrow Oct 26, 2015 at 7:25 AM

Hi all,

I'm catching an early flight out of terminal 3 next month and I'm thinking of getting to the terminal about 4-5 hours before my flight due to lack of transport options into London during the middle of the night.

What facilities are avialiable before security after midnight in there? Any coffee shops/bars etc... wifi, power points for laptops etc... any info would be great.

• Minibus/Van from Central London Hotel to Airport

London Oct 31, 2015 at 8:41 PM

Greetings guys.
      My group of 12 paxs will be staying in 2 nearby locations (within 500m) in Lambert, London. I would appreciate if anyone can suggest to me how to hire a minibus/van or any better way to go to Gatwick Airport?
      Thank you.

Wanzul WD.

• Can I use Flight Connections Bus-separate tickets and no checked bags?

Heathrow Nov 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM

I have two separate tickets--Virgin Atlantic from the U.S. to LHR arriving Terminal 3 and then a British Airways flight from Terminal 5 to Brussels. No checked baggage and I'll have my boarding pass for BA flight with me (on phone and paper backup). Can I use the "Flight Connections" path and bus to transfer to Terminal 5? Or must I follow the "Arrivals" path and then have to get over to Terminal 5 on my own via Tube or Heathrow Express?

• Chuckles89's Profile Photo

Traveling to UK for first time

Newbury Oct 26, 2015 at 1:24 AM

I am traveling alone to UK next week from India. This is the first time I am going to board a flight and first time to go anywhere alone. I am going there to work and will stay there in Berkshire for 9 months. I will be going to london by flight and then to Berkshire. I dont know anything about transportation and accommodation there. Can someone please tell me about the check in, boarding and check out process, about transportation from London to Berkshire and any others suggestions.
      Thank you

• Sivasana's Profile Photo

Enough time?

London Oct 25, 2015 at 8:35 PM

I am arriving at 7:15 via transat flight from Vancouver Canada. There is a flight leaving the same terminal to Malaga Spain at 9:55. I will only have carry on luggage. Will I have emough time to clear passport authority and customs and make my new flight? I can also probably use Gatwick Connect in this siutation as well.

• first impression

Brighton Nov 1, 2015 at 4:24 AM

whats your first impression about brighton?

• SarahM1104's Profile Photo

The Lion King

London Nov 1, 2015 at 6:14 AM

My class and I come from Germany.We were in London for one week. We showed the musical ,,The Lion King┬┤┬┤. I knew the lion king as a cartoon film and it gives the lion king one,two and three .I ask if this gives as a musical.That was cool.?

• Traveling to London and Paris in November. Anyone have suggestions? I want to see the country side.

by traveler49.. Online Now Aug 30, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Traveling to London and Paris in November. Anyone have suggestions. I want to see the country side, and am not that thrilled with palaces, except their surroundings.

10 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    • Visiting Stonehenge

by RodB17 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM

I will be visiting England in October with my son...a father and son trip! Want to visit Stonehenge, but have heard that many tours just take you to the visitor center. How can I be sure to get up close, or go into and around the site?
      Are there particular tours I should sign on to to get the most out of our visit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

6 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 3:15 PM
    • Budge51's Profile Photo

sunrise over stonehenge on sept 19th 2014

by Budge51 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 3:18 AM

What time will the sunrise and can i get to photograph it?

26 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    • Summer solstice 2014

by klausfath Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Hi, I am from Germany and I want to visit Stonehenge at the summer solstice (June, 21th 2014). Where can I get Information about tickets, opening times in the evening etc...
      Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • Travelling from Bath

by EvonneK Online Now May 8, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Hi, I am staying at Bath and would like to take a trip to Stonehenge, followed by Salisbury Cathedral. I would like to attend the Evensong service at Salibusy Cathedral at 5.30pm. I was wondering what is the best way to do it and if I could do it independently? Because my search online has always led to tours that only go to Stonehenge but not Salisbury Cathedral.

2 Answers May 9, 2014 at 3:46 AM
    • Travel from Birmingham to Stonehenge in August 2013

by riskadanartini Online Now Aug 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM

is there any tour travel in this august from Birmingham to Stonehenge...for one day trip

3 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    • Traveling to Stonehenge from London on a Sunday morning

by kmt314 Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I am fortunate enough to have booked a sunrise tour of Stonehenge during my trip to England this January. However, I am staying in London, and I don't think there is a train that could get me to Salisbury by 7:30. Any advice or suggestions on how to get there? I have considered renting a car for the day, but I'm under 25 and can't drive a manual, both of which lead to premium prices. Any and all advice appreciated, thanks!

10 Answers Oct 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • DickLaurent's Profile Photo

How close can I get to Stonehenge before it opens?!?

by DickLaurent Online Now Sep 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I tried to book the sunrise inner circle tour for my trip 6 MONTHS IN ADVANCE and they were already booked up. I'm planning on going out there on my own to watch the sunrise over Stonehenge. However, they don't "open" until 9:30 a.m. and I will be there much earlier then that. Does anyone know how close I can get to see Stonehenge before they "open"?

7 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    • Where should I stay to tour stonehenge and other attractions?

by SWEETPOPPI Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Planning my first trip to stonehenge but don't really know where to stay...I would like a luxury hotel ( approx 150-200 pounds per night) and I would like to do a tour or two from the hotel. I don't plan to drive....would Bath be a good idea or is it too far away? Or Alternatively a village in Wiltshire? Really don't know much about the area, went to Bath 20 + years ago.

17 Answers Jan 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    • Tickets for Stonehenge

by lagadoo Online Now May 21, 2010 at 4:11 AM

I was looking into London attractions but would also like to visit stonehenge if time allows.

Is it better to book in advance or is it not worth it. I have found some tickets online at:

however they are the same price as gate so wondered if anyone knew if this was worth it to savce time on the day when i get there?

2 Answers May 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    • Unclaimedtreas's Profile Photo

Henge near Stonehenge?

by Unclaimedtreas Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 7:53 PM

In Summer 2004, I was able to see Stonehenge with my daughter's choral group.
      On the way back to our hotel, we drove by what I think was part of another henge. It wasn't too far from Stonehenge. I remember a curve in the road and a couple (?) of standing stones in a pasture that had sheep in it. I don't remember what our guide said about the spot. Does this vague description sound familiar to anyone? I would like to know the name of the spot.

5 Answers Sep 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM
    • dusk or dawn?

by maythe4thbewithyou Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 4:56 AM

I want to take a private tour that allows entrance up close to the stones at dusk or dawn. Which time of day is better (for pictures... not concerned with amount of people)? We can choose... but the tour guide is leaning toward dawn since it is more convenient for him. I was leaning towrd dusk since I have only seen pics at Dusk and they are striking. If it is equally as beatiful at dawn then no point in inconveniencing the driver. If dusk is superior then I will dig my heals in. So.... Dusk? Dawn? No difference?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    • fare rates to stonehenge?

by clique.pick Online Now Apr 14, 2008 at 3:09 PM

how much is the coach fare from waterloo to salisbury? what about the bus ride from salisbury to stonehenge?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    • emilesc's Profile Photo

Historical Stonehenge question

by emilesc Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Hi there -

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the last year or decade it was possible to get close to Stonehenge? As in close enough to touch or sit right next to the stones? I'm asking for a story I'm writing. I think 1978 was the year the fence went up, but would access have been restricted before then?

6 Answers Feb 2, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    • Hotels

by soupiy Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Which is the best hotel in Salisbury???????????????????

2 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    • Stonehenge circle access

by MPRICE9 Online Now Jan 21, 2008 at 12:44 PM

I understand it is possible to go into the circle on certain days at dawn or dusk outside regular hours. Has anyone done this? Is it necessary to be part of a larger group/tour ? Why is it not possible near/on equinoxes or solstices?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2008 at 10:47 AM
    • Evans and Evans/Golden Tours vs Astral Tour

by Patricia84 Online Now Aug 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Hi there!

Just like to ask if anyone took their tour with these companies before to Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath for a day. I am trying to decide which tour operator to use, and these 2 offers the big coach compared to Astral Tour which offers the 16 seater mini coach.

Thanks! Cheers! =)

2 Answers Aug 20, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Astral Travel - Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor Castle - 1 day tour

by tracyskf Online Now May 17, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Hi, anyone use Astral Travel before? Any opinion?

I read earlier post on Averbury vs Stonehenge. I am indecisive now.

But I pretty much want to see Stonehenge as well - the above is the nicest combination of places I can find for a tour (budget) from London.

Anyone can advise whether to cover the above 3 places in a day would be worthwhile? I don't think we are considering the option to drive as there are only 3 of us and we are rushing for time.

10 Answers May 19, 2007 at 12:02 AM
    • mictm3's Profile Photo

Village of Lacock

by mictm3 Online Now May 6, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Hi everyone,
      We are visiting London in early September and plan to hire a car and drive to Bath and Stonehenge, we have looked up the Village of Lacock and it looks beautiful, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere to stay in the village overnight as I think it was be a great experience. Thank you for your help. Regards, Michele

10 Answers May 8, 2007 at 12:55 AM
    • bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by Yodamama Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM

I will be visiting my daughter who is temporarily working in Eastbourne, England in mid-March. We want to do a day trip to Stonehenge. I've been frustrated with search engines and websites and wonder if anyone knows if this is possible and then how and who and whatever other nouns, verbs and adjectives would be helpful to make this happen!

4 Answers Mar 7, 2007 at 2:00 AM
    • londonlover's Profile Photo

Avebury VS Stonehenge

by londonlover Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hello, I'm contemplating a stop at EITHER the Stonehenge or Avebury stone circles. I know you can't actually walk around Stonehenge, but the vast majority of people go there instead of it that much more impressive? I'd appreciate any opinions on the pro's and con's of each place. Thanks!

12 Answers May 13, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    • Stonehenge

by svartso Online Now Sep 19, 2004 at 1:40 PM

I am visiting Birmingham and have plans to go to Stonehenge. Can someone please tell me the easiest way to get there from Birmingham (not by car) Thank you

2 Answers Sep 19, 2004 at 11:05 PM