Stonehenge Travel Answers

change location

bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by Yodamama Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 12:59 PM

I will be visiting my daughter who is temporarily working in Eastbourne, England in mid-March. We want to do a day trip to Stonehenge. I've been frustrated with search engines and websites and wonder if anyone knows if this is possible and then how and who and whatever other nouns, verbs and adjectives would be helpful to make this happen!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

RE: bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by leics Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Train from Eastbourne to Salisbury (www.nationalrail.co.uk or www.thetrainline.com for times and fares), then local bus from Salisbury to the stones. wdbus.co.uk/htm/ta/stoneheng... for timetables etc (scroll down).

It's a longish train journey (into Greater London and out) so you'll need an early start. Probably won't be particularly cheap either. Why not consider renting a car and driving there (you could visit Avebury/Silbury Hill/West Kennet longbarrow too)? Will probably be quicker, and will certainly be cheaper.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • seljohn's Profile Photo

RE: bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by seljohn Online Now Feb 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM

you could google " coach trips from Eastbourne".

I did and got a company called flagship which did trips every day, but not to stonehenge. Still it's a start. Good luck

seljohn

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by Sjalen Online Now Mar 1, 2007 at 2:25 AM

Another option is train to Winchester via a change in Brighton. Then bus from Winchester to Salisbury:

wdbus.co.uk/htm/ttNorthern/N...

Again, a very long journey.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: bus to stonehenge from Eastbourne area

by Sjalen Online Now Mar 7, 2007 at 2:00 AM

Being a city dweller all my life I don't have a driving license *shock horror* :)))

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines