Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boxing Day

Edinburgh Nov 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I'll be in Edinburgh over the Christmas holiday and wondering what will be open on Boxing Day. I know the museums and castles are closed, but what about shops and restaurants? Will there be anything for me to do that day?

Also, on Christmas day I want to eat somewhere nice but not stuffy - kind of old school/traditional with a good, warm environment. I'm staying in New Town and will be alone. Any advice?

• 3 day trip

Scotland Nov 3, 2015 at 2:40 PM

My boyfriend and I be in the Blair Atholl area for a wedding and am wondering if it's worth travelling afield, or whether there's enough to keep you entertained in Blair Atholl for 3 days. We are travelling from London, via Edinburgh and would love to visit a very remote, scenic village with good (mild) walking tours and small, local pubs. Any suggestions please??

• Rustic castle b&b

Scotland Oct 28, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Looking for a castle stay which has an historic feel not one remade into a five star hotel. We've stayed in Carbisdale in Southerland, Blackcraig in Perthshire, and Castle Leven in Inverclyde, they are no longer in business, but reflect what I'm looking for. Any location ok. Thanks for any input

• Visiting student at University Edinburgh in December

Edinburgh Oct 27, 2015 at 9:33 AM

I will be visiting daughter at University of Edinburgh in mid-December. Can anyone recommend a nice hotel walking distance from both university, sites, restaurants?

Near Stonehaven

• billbing's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel or Bed & Breakfast

by billbing Online Now Mar 20, 2007 at 10:48 PM

I wonder if someone knew a hotel or a bed and breakfast for budget conscious travellers at Stonehaven in Scotland. My husband and I are planning for a trip to Scotland and one of the place that we want to go is Stonehaven. It is better to get a first hand information from VTers based on their experiences.