change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

by Arbuckle Online Now Yesterday

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

more
    • Arbuckle's Profile Photo

Advice on Burslem, Please?

by Arbuckle Online Now Yesterday

Hi. It looks like I'm going to have to relocate from the East Midlands to Burslem and I really need the (sensible) advice of Stoke residents about a particular neighbourhood.

It's the Joseph Street/Billinge Street/Lyndhurst Street neighbourhood, on the north side of Newcastle Street.

Is it a bearable area to live in? Or does it have any sort of a reputation for stuff like antisocial student behaviour or any other kind of antisocial behaviour?

I must say it looks pretty seedy on Google Street View, but then that's Stoke for you, isn't it? It's an unpretentious, scuffed sort of post-industrial city and famous for it, but the folk who live there are supposed to be okay. Mind you, I appreciate that areas can change very swiftly indeed these days due to economic migration, so frankly I don't know what to assume about that particular neighbourhood.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks.

2 Answers 1 hours ago
    • accommodation

by celtic10 Online Now Nov 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hi
      Have to make an emergency visit to Hanley next Tuesday, can anyone suggest cheap accommodation in city centre or nearby for one or two nights doesn't have to be fancy even a pub room, haven't been to Hanley before - are there any hostels or backpackers desperate situation
      Cheers

1 Answer Nov 4, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    • Adelle123's Profile Photo

B&B in Stoke on Trent

by Adelle123 Online Now Mar 6, 2006 at 10:56 AM

Can anyone suggets a cheap and cheerful B&B or inexpensive hotel in Stoke? It would have to be a single room.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2010 at 8:13 AM
    • johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Good pub?

by johnandlynclarke Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 7:21 AM

We are staying in Oakham but we plan to drive to Stoke on Trent to visit the china factories. What else do we need to see while we are there? Any GOOD antique shops or markets? And lastly, do you know a good pub for lunch and a brew? Thanks

4 Answers Jun 15, 2004 at 6:40 AM