Stoke-upon-Trent Travel Answers

change location
johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Good pub?

by johnandlynclarke Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 7:21 AM

We are staying in Oakham but we plan to drive to Stoke on Trent to visit the china factories. What else do we need to see while we are there? Any GOOD antique shops or markets? And lastly, do you know a good pub for lunch and a brew? Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Good pub?

by StretfordEnd Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 9:12 PM

You could try going into Hanley, a small town not far outside of Stoke, which has a nice market and shopping centre, as well as a few nice little pubs. Watch out for any locals with six fingers tho......;-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnandlynclarke's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Good pub?

by johnandlynclarke Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 5:19 AM

Thanks for your response. I see Hanley on the map so I will add it to our "things to do " list. We love small towns and good pubs. Any other suggestions for things to do in Stoke on Trent?

by Lucy_1020 Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 6:38 AM

China Factories to visit are: Wedgewood Barlaston and Factory shop in Longton, Royal Doulton in Hanley and Aynsley in Longton... just to name a few. A place of interest to you might be the Gladstone Pottery Museum also in Longton. if you require more detailed locations let me know and I can help. Markets: Newcastle - Under - Lyme: Normal market on Monday, Friday and Saturday. Tuesday and Thursday is the antique market. As for pubs there are just too many good ones to name.. have a look every hundred yards I'm sure you will find a good one! Try having a look at www.visitstoke.co.uk that may be a bit of a help

by Lucy_1020 Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 6:40 AM

Sorry you have probably already been and gone. If not, hope the info helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines