Stockholms Län

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need a help to find a store

Stockholm Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

more
    • Archipelago Cruise

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

more
    • First Day Itinerary

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

Stockholm Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

more
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

Stockholm Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

more
    • Need a help to find a store

Stockholm Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM
    • Archipelago Cruise

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    • First Day Itinerary

Stockholm Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

Stockholm Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

4 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

Stockholm Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 1:00 AM
    • laundry facility

Stockholm Mar 17, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Are there self-service laundry facilities in any hotels in Stockholm?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Nightlife in Stockholm

Stockholm Mar 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Afternoon all,

Afternoon,

I’m heading to Stockholm on Thursday morning, contemplating staying the whole weekend. What is the urban music club scene in Sweden? Music theme like hip hop, rnb, soul etc. I have been reading reviews for the last hour and it doesn’t sound promising. Could anyone pls recommend the best clubs and bars with less hassle and fakes.

Thanks

dbanks

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • looking for Team Sweden IIHF jersey

Stockholm Mar 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM

where can I located a Team Sweden IIHF jersey as worn in the Olympics? ( yellow )

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • airport to hotel rival,sodremalm

Stockholm Mar 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

arriving from Australia, staying Hotel Rival in Sodermalm- what's the best/most economical way in from the airport-bus/train and then taxi?

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Reduced fare

Stockholm Feb 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I note that there is a reduced fare for those aged 65+ on public transit, I am looking at the 72 hour card. Do visitors also receive this reduced fare or must one reside in the city of Stockholm or country of Sweden to be eligible?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • Transportation from Frihamnen Cruise port to Skansen and the History Museum

Stockholm Feb 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I will be in Stockholm for only one day. My wife and I would like to visit Skansen and the History Museum. I would appreciate information and advice on the best way to get there and return to our ship docked in Frihamnen.
      Thanks. Bob

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Mirrco's Profile Photo

Nordic trip

Stockholm Feb 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Hi there,

I am planning to visit Stockholm and start my Nordic trip from there. I would like to visit also Copenhagen and Oslo.
      My plan to is to arrive in April / May. Just wondering if anybody would like to join me :) If yes just send me a message.
      Plus if you have any ideas what to see, what to do etc feel free to share

Thank you guys :)
      Miro

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Stockholm to Tallin Ferry

Stockholm Feb 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Hi all,

I'm just about to book the Stockholm to Tallin ferry and was wondering if anyone has done this before and has any advice as to which cabin is better as well as suggestions for whether to pre book food etc? I will be travelling alone and can't decide between an inside (EUR180) or outside (EUR230) cabin. Is an outside worth the extra cash? Never been on one of these ships so I have no idea!

Many thanks, Natalie

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • HassanK's Profile Photo

travel to Ludvika

Stockholm Dec 17, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Can i travel by train to Ludvika ?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    • Advice for travelling alone for first visit

Stockholm Nov 27, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Hi :-)

I'm a single guy travelling alone for my first visit to Stockholm this week-end (29 Nov - 1 Dec). I'm originally from South Africa and currently live in London. I love galleries, good food, live music and just chilling. I have booked a hotel in Stureplan.

I'd appreciate any advice about what's going on worth doing at the moment, where are some restaurants to eat alone, and where are good places for an early 40s guy to meet other people? Also some nice long runs, or running groups in the city would be nice.

• supercarys's Profile Photo

Anyone heard of Scandinavian Packages?

Stockholm Nov 21, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Has anyone traveled with Scandinavian Packages? I'm just looking to see if they're any good.

http://www.scandinavianpackages.com/

Cheers!

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    • travelling to sweden in new year

Stockholm Nov 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM

I am thinking to going to Sweden Stockholm in new year with a 5 year old boy.. any suggestions?? is it too cold to go outside?

9 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM
    • what number bus?

Stockholm Nov 1, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Hello
      I have to go to stockholme in January and I would like to know what bus No. I have to take to get from the airport to downtown Bromma hotêl radsison blu near Norrmalm
      thank you

6 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • Dee22's Profile Photo

Where to go for Christmas spirit?

Stockholm Oct 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hi all! I was lucky enough to win a trip to beautiful Stockholm through Lonely Planet Magazine, and finally managed to find a date I can go with my girlfriend: December 13-15. I've been a couple of times before to watch icehockey, but never during Christmas. I can see there is gonna be Christmas markets in 'Gamla Stan' and at 'Skansen'. Maybe we can make both - which one do think is best? And are there other places to go, or any special events during those days? Any tips for low-cost experiences will be appreciated! :) Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • Arlanda Express

Stockholm Oct 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Why have Arlanda Express, Arlanda Airport, Stockholm Tourism Authority, and Stockholm City Administration ignored my complaint below?

The purpose of this message is to prevent other visitors from taking the wrong train at Arlanda subway station and, consequently, from the hassle I had experienced on board of an express train in the morning of Friday, September 27, 2013, in Stockholm.

After landing at Arlanda from Chicago I stopped at the information center of the airport to inquire about options to get to Bromma. I was told the best option would be public transportation as I had a three-hour layover.

I bought the ticket and was informed that the next train would be leaving in thirteen minutes. After following the given directions, I arrived at the platform, confirmed destination, and noticed that the next train would be coming within nine minutes. The train punctually arrived, I confidently jumped in and took a seat. Few minutes later a ticket officer approached and I handed in my ticket valid for the entire trip.

To my great surprise, the young lady said that the ticket was not good for the train I was riding, and so I would need to purchase a new ticket. She also immediately informed that she would be deducting the boarding fee from this charge. Sitting in front of me, there were two other visitors trapped in the same situation. The ticket officer also told us that the three of us could buy the tickets altogether for a cheaper price even though I had never met the other travelers before.

Grateful for the automatic discount but extremely uncomfortable with the idea of buying another ticket since I had one already, I argued with the ticket officer on how misinformation has led the other two travelers and myself to be in a situation that we were not the ones to be blamed for. My argument to the ticket office was based on the following points: i) the ticket from Arlanda to Bromma was purchased at an official information center, ii) the time for this express train departure from Arlanda was exactly the same as officially informed, iii) there were no obvious signs at the platform informing visitors on which trains we should be riding and respective departure times, iv) visitors are not residents and are usually overwhelmed by just arriving at a different place, v) this is not a case of ill intent as other travelers had also decided to get on this train, and vi) the price for this new train was over twice the price of the original ticket train we had. Had I been told about that, I would have probably considered another option to get to Bromma -- or even fly from Arlanda straight to Umea, my final destination. When I bought the tickets in the US, I decided to fly from Bromma to have a chance to spend few hours in Stockholm.

My arguments, though, were hastily and completely ignored by the ticket officer. Noticing that the young lady lacked the ability to comprehend the unfairness of that situation and was only concerned about carrying on with her duty, I kindly requested whether I could talk to her supervisor as I had some time to get to Bromma, and so would be happy to explain the reasons why I considered buying another ticket unfair under the given conditions. The young lady said that she would not be calling her supervisor but security. I said I was okay with that as I had assumed that security officers would have the capability to listen to and reason over the unfairness of that situation. After talking to security, though, the ticket officer mischievously told the visitors sitting in front of me that security, once on board, would not be asking us questions, not even give us the option to pay for another ticket. While dealing with security, she warned, we would be dealing with the police. Clearly repressed by that threat, the two other visitors immediately handed in their credit card to pay for whatever the amount the young lady was asking for and kindly offered to pay my ticket as well.

Baffled by the undiscriminating use of power I was witnessing first hand and by the knock-on effects that this minor incident could unfold, I also agreed to pay for the new ticket even though could not consent whatsoever with the conditions of this charge and narrow-mindedness shown in full force by the ticket officer. Before walking away, I tried one last time to ask the ticket officer to put herself in the shoes of visitors. This last attempt was in vain as the young lady nervously stated that she was already being nice enough by taking away the boarding fee and that it is the responsibility of visitors to board on the right train. Finally I told her that this case is not about this charge but that we, visitors, were only in this situation because we trusted in what we were told by an official and that Sweden, I continued, was a country internationally known because here people are said we can trust each other. After trying to build a solidarity bridge between us, the young lady slowly turned down her face and giggled at my remark.

Having said all that, I am writing this letter to request Arlanda’s Information Center to provide accurate information to travelers taking public transportation in Stockholm, the placement of obvious signs on platforms, and, above all, that ticket officers, or maybe just the lady I bumped into, be able not only to follow rules but also to hold accountable for and address organizational flaws that have nothing to do with visitors. As the ticket officer pointed out at the end of the conversation, this misunderstanding has been taking place many times and she is the one wielding authority to decide over any charge. I just hope that this recurrent misunderstanding leading to unexpected charges and that the authority that this ticket officer had claimed she held could also be used not only for an efficient job performance but mainly to nourish signs of kindness, empathy, and compassion towards newcomers to beautiful Stockholm.

8 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • Shopping in stockholm

Stockholm Oct 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I know there are dollarstores in Sweden but is there some in Stockholm too? and if not, is there a similar kind of store, with all the cheap things? Also i'd like to know some interesting museums and big shopping malls near the harbour, it'd be nice if children also enjoyed the museums.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • From airport to hotel

Stockholm Sep 12, 2013 at 12:07 AM

What is the best way to get from Arlanda to hotel skeppsholmen with heavy luggage?

3 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 3:12 PM
    • embiggenedsoul's Profile Photo

Want a great haircut

Stockholm Sep 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Any recommendations on the best place to get a great haircut in Stockholm? I want to look JUST like all these Swedish women I've been seeing! :)

3 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • mitch77's Profile Photo

hi guys stockholm,

Stockholm Sep 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Going to the beer festival in late sept..I would also visit the city, 3 days..where I have to book a good hotel?

3 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
    • pub crawl in Stockholm

Stockholm Aug 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Hi guys, I went to Stockholm last year and I found no clubs that let me in. I don't drink much and I dress proper. The guys at the door just took a look at me and then came up with some stupid excuse to not let me in. Is it because I am indian?. I am coming for a weekend again soon, and a friend heard of this pub crawl in Stockholm called http://www.jollypubcrawl.se is it any good? will it be easier to get into a club with them?.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    • Safety

Stockholm Jul 17, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Hello
      Is it safe to stay in farm house?
      near to Stockholm.

10 Answers Jul 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • 2 days in Stockholm

Stockholm Jul 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Hi, I am a teenager girl from Zimbabwe and I'm going to be in Stockholm for two days by myself. I am on quite a tight budget because I am using my money from my work. What is a must see? And how good are the hostels? Also, I don't speak Swedish, at all.. Is it easy to find your way about using only English? Thanks, Katy

8 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    • Food shops open on Sundays?

Norrtälje Jul 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We will be driving through Norrtalje at about 1pm on Sunday to get to our holiday rental house at Vato-Norrtalje. Will there be any food shops open that day in Norrtalje?

2 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    • Safe Areas in Stockholm

Stockholm Jun 10, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Hello everyone!

Me and my girlfriend are visiting Stockholm in late August for 7 days, for holidays.

I have a couple of questions regarding the city's safety and I would be really grateful if you could help me out :

a) How safe is the Stockholm T-Bana (Stockholm Metro) ? Is it safe even at night, e.g. 11.00 pm ?

b) Are there any areas in Stockholm that we should avoid, when we look for a place to stay?

c) What do you think of the Riksby district? From what I've seen it's a bit far from the city center, but we have found a rather cheap apartment for rent there, close to a Metro station - but I don't know much about that district, so I could really use any info regarding its safety of if its distance from the center wouldn't be much of a hassle to us.

I would really like to thank you in advance for your assistance!

Themis

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 4:35 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

SOS Cocoon rental agency

Stockholm Jun 8, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Need advice urgently
      Booked flat HALF a YEAR ago - deposit etc.
      at
      Cocoon rental agency
      Kungsgatan 69
      11227 Stockholm - Sweden
      Tel: +46 709 849 345

Got airtickets etc.

Received e-mail 20 minutes ago - sort of a cancellation - one week before departure

Is this thinkable??
      I guess I am now the guest of the royal house, am I not? They must stand for the honour of their country, mustn't they?

14 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM