Stockholme Travel Answers

change location

Guys long weekend in Stockholme

by zookeeper9922 Online Now May 6, 2007 at 1:54 AM

Hi me and some of my friends are planning a long weekend in Stockholme, we currently live in germany but we are all from the UK and none of us have any knowledge of sweden, So we are looking for some advice on good cheap places to stay and some good night spots for young and lively guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Paul

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Guys long weekend in Stockholme

by Sjalen Online Now May 6, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Yes, Stockholme is in Dalarna indeed :) But I'll be happy to answer questions on Stockholm here too. Hostels are cheap and quite nice and clean in Sweden. The IYHA ones are called STF and you find them under www.stfturist.se whilst the independent ones (of more various quality but still OK) are under www.svif.se

One of the STF ones is this one: www.zinkensdamm.com which you find on the south side of the city, a lively part of the city. There are also good deals at the Scandic hotel chain sometimes. A standard looking, unpersonal chain but perfectly OK for sleeping:

scandic-hotels.com/LandingPa...

Since you don't have to bring/rent sheets to hotels and since breakfast is included, it sometimes works out cheaper.

Good night spots are found around Medborgarplatsen underground on Söder (the south side I mentioned earlier). Kvarnen is one of my favourites even if you need to follow the status of Hammarby FC if games have been played since it is a bar their fans go to :) Snaps is another popular place and up here you are close to the Old Town too with what it has.

The posh bars are found at downtown Stureplan - expensive even by Stockholm standards since they royals and other famous people and wannabes go there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines