Stockholm

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Airport to Pier

by craig.sexsmith Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Is it an issue getting a taxi to the cruise ship pier; and how much would it be?
      Thanks,
      Craig

more
    • Winter shoes/jackets

by jennapman Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello! I will be in Stockholm from January to May and am curious as to what kind of shoes to have for the winter - something stylish but practical. I am a female college student. Tall, mid-calf or ankle? Any specific brands? Do I need waterproof shoes? Insulated? How many different pairs of shoes should I have? Any and all information is appreciated!! I come from southern California and am not familiar with winter weather at all.

Also any information you have on winter jackets would be great! Again, any specific brands, coat lengths, styles, and material would be much appreciated.

more
    • day trip from Voxholm to Sandhamn

by kittycucumber0565 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Could anyone give me information of ferries between these two islands, or other day trips to other archipelago islands from Vaxholm where we'll be staying for two nights?
      Thank you for your help.

more
    • Locker sizes

by MariaPR Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Will my 32" x 20" x 13" suitcase (my largest) fit in a locker?

more
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Stockholm in 3 Days

by dragonflylt Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

should we get a pass or a stockholm card? It seems a bit confusing the difference between the two... Also- we definitely like to do the canal tour - is there a particular company that we should us? thank you for your time!

more
    • Free Walking Tour of Stockholm

by vvp13_80 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hello,

My cruise ship will arrive at Stockholm at 8:00 a.m., and I the disembarkation will be completed by 9:00 a.m. My airplane will be leaving from Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 1:05 p.m. I am looking to see if there are any 1-hour (or 2-hour at the longest) tours available which would enable me to get a glimpse at the city of Stockholm and some of its attractions. Either a walking or a bus tour would be fine, the only requirement is that I must be at the airport by 11 a.m. (or 11:30 a.m. at the latest). Any tour suggestions and resources would be welcomed. Thank you!

more
    • Travel in the Winter!

by UP1995 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hello there.
      I'm thinking about going to see the Rise Against concert in November and enjoy to know the city.
      My question is that as this will be in the winter with there will be too cold (for a guy from Portugal) and if there is be something to see (some of the atractions may close and things like that).
      Best ragards,
      Carlos Leiras

more
    • Travel in the Winter!

by UP1995 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hello there.
      I'm thinking about going to see the Rise Against concert in November and enjoy to know the city.
      My question is that as this will be in the winter with there will be too cold (for a guy from Portugal) and if there is be something to see (some of the atractions may close and things like that).
      Best ragards,
      Carlos Leiras

10 Answers Yesterday
    • Locker sizes

by MariaPR Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Will my 32" x 20" x 13" suitcase (my largest) fit in a locker?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    • Airport to Pier

by craig.sexsmith Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Is it an issue getting a taxi to the cruise ship pier; and how much would it be?
      Thanks,
      Craig

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:17 AM
    • Winter shoes/jackets

by jennapman Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello! I will be in Stockholm from January to May and am curious as to what kind of shoes to have for the winter - something stylish but practical. I am a female college student. Tall, mid-calf or ankle? Any specific brands? Do I need waterproof shoes? Insulated? How many different pairs of shoes should I have? Any and all information is appreciated!! I come from southern California and am not familiar with winter weather at all.

Also any information you have on winter jackets would be great! Again, any specific brands, coat lengths, styles, and material would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • day trip from Voxholm to Sandhamn

by kittycucumber0565 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Could anyone give me information of ferries between these two islands, or other day trips to other archipelago islands from Vaxholm where we'll be staying for two nights?
      Thank you for your help.

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    • Free Walking Tour of Stockholm

by vvp13_80 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hello,

My cruise ship will arrive at Stockholm at 8:00 a.m., and I the disembarkation will be completed by 9:00 a.m. My airplane will be leaving from Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 1:05 p.m. I am looking to see if there are any 1-hour (or 2-hour at the longest) tours available which would enable me to get a glimpse at the city of Stockholm and some of its attractions. Either a walking or a bus tour would be fine, the only requirement is that I must be at the airport by 11 a.m. (or 11:30 a.m. at the latest). Any tour suggestions and resources would be welcomed. Thank you!

9 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Stockholm in 3 Days

by dragonflylt Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

should we get a pass or a stockholm card? It seems a bit confusing the difference between the two... Also- we definitely like to do the canal tour - is there a particular company that we should us? thank you for your time!

6 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Ticks in Stockholm parks?

by ontheroadagain1987 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 4:45 AM

We're going to be in Stockholm in August and I was thinking about posting a request for information on finding a guide to help us see some of your local birds and migrants. But I just saw some older VT posts about disease-carrying ticks being a problem even in city parks, so now I'm getting more concerned about that. I had one episode of tick-borne disease years ago in the U.S. and don't want to go through that again. Anyone have any advice on repellants that work, etc.

5 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Romantic places to propose

by sandtheman Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I am coming to Stockholm for a long weekend fairly soon in June.

I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend. Any suggestions of any romantic locations/ good views etc?!

Any suggestions much appreciated

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • Best place to stay for study

by Blackrabbit Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Hi,
      I will start my Masters program this summer at DSV in Kista. Now I need to find a proper room to rent. I have read that in Kista there are mostly office buildings which doesn't make it very interesting to live there.
      Do you have any suggestions where the best place to live would be so the way to the university is not to far and I can still enjoy Stockholm a bit?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • my ticket route ?

by drhalaelhadary Online Now May 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

i reserved a ticket from the internet travelling from Stockholm C to Goteborg C
      the first part indicates that i will depart at 20.20 on buss 66479 and arrive sodertalje at 21.00 , the second part i will depart at 21.13 on train 479 and arrive Goteborg C at 00.35
      my questions are : 1- from where exactly this bus is taken

2- what if i couldnt arrive before the train departs because its very short time between the arrival of the bus to sodertalje and the departure of the train..

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Train Tickets On Swedish Railways

by fasterdog Online Now May 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I am trying to buy train tickets on the Swedish Railways website, www.sj.se and when I check the best buy calendar I notice I can buy tickets up to 13 weeks in advance, but not beyond 13 weeks. Have I got it right?

It looks like I have to book at least 6 or 7 weeks in advance to get the best prices. I didn't get this far yet, because my dates are beyond 13 weeks, but for my future information, what are the options for the tickets? Can I get electronic tickets emailed to me which I print out myself, or must I use the machine and collect the tickets in the station using my credit card?

8 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    • Getting around on Djurgarden Island

by ontheroadagain1987 Online Now May 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We're going to be in Stockholm for two days in August and would like to spend some time on Djurgarden Island to see some of the birds and natural areas. Is there any public transportation on the island or is it small enough one could easily walk from one lake or nature site to another?

5 Answers May 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Lakes and Forests near Stockholm

by fasterdog Online Now May 13, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I was wondering if there are any nice lakes and forests near Stockholm. I mean something which you can get to within a couple of hours from Stockholm without a car - by bus or by train or by private tour. Any ideas?

8 Answers May 15, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    • krimbow's Profile Photo

Camping in Stockholm

by krimbow Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Where is the nearest Camping site to the centre? Please help

5 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Roadquill's Profile Photo

train from stockholm to oslo

by Roadquill Online Now Apr 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I saw on the Swedish train website that there is a direct train to Oslo that takes about 5 1/2 hours leaving at 8:29. Does anyone know if this train books up quickly? should I book now for an early June trip, or can I book once in Stockholm? Thanks all. Karl

10 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • Need a help to find a store

by poliarnik87 Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Dear all who live in Södermalm! I'm trying to find one interior/home stuff shop which locates in Folkungagatan (as I remember after my last visit of Stockholm last year). It occupies a corner of the building and the right side of the street if you go from Götgatan.They sell a lot of things (pots, lamps, glass heads and etc).

What's the name of the shop?

5 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • Archipelago Cruise

by ga_traveller Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Please recommend cruise. Open to lunch/brunch or day cruise. Possibly Drottningholm Palace?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    • First Day Itinerary

by ga_traveller Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We will be landing at ARN around noon and then will check in at the Courtyard Marriott, Stockholm. What will be a realistic itinerary for the afternoon? Among the sights that we want to see in Stockholm are VASA museum, City Hall, Nobel Museum, Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 10:33 PM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Railway/metro tickets

by vtveen Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Intending to travel to/from railway "Västertorp T-bana" to/from Stockholm city.
      - what would be the best/affordable ticket ??
      - can we buy tickets at Västertorp T-bana ??

4 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Safe area ??

by vtveen Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

During our trip (JUne) to Sweden we intend to stay a couple of nights outside Stockholm (Hägersten) for visiting the city itself by train/metro. The nearest station to our hotel would be Västertorp. Is this area safe to walk back early evening to our hotel, which will take about 10 minutes ??

6 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 2:46 AM
    • laundry facility

by gatorkids Online Now Mar 17, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Are there self-service laundry facilities in any hotels in Stockholm?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • Nightlife in Stockholm

by dbanks Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Afternoon all,

Afternoon,

I’m heading to Stockholm on Thursday morning, contemplating staying the whole weekend. What is the urban music club scene in Sweden? Music theme like hip hop, rnb, soul etc. I have been reading reviews for the last hour and it doesn’t sound promising. Could anyone pls recommend the best clubs and bars with less hassle and fakes.

Thanks

dbanks

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • looking for Team Sweden IIHF jersey

by Beast55 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 1:31 PM

where can I located a Team Sweden IIHF jersey as worn in the Olympics? ( yellow )

2 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM
    • airport to hotel rival,sodremalm

by ruthandsteve1 Online Now Mar 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

arriving from Australia, staying Hotel Rival in Sodermalm- what's the best/most economical way in from the airport-bus/train and then taxi?

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Reduced fare

by yvr Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I note that there is a reduced fare for those aged 65+ on public transit, I am looking at the 72 hour card. Do visitors also receive this reduced fare or must one reside in the city of Stockholm or country of Sweden to be eligible?

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • Transportation from Frihamnen Cruise port to Skansen and the History Museum

by BroncoBob Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 2:31 PM

I will be in Stockholm for only one day. My wife and I would like to visit Skansen and the History Museum. I would appreciate information and advice on the best way to get there and return to our ship docked in Frihamnen.
      Thanks. Bob

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM
    • Mirrco's Profile Photo

Nordic trip

by Mirrco Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Hi there,

I am planning to visit Stockholm and start my Nordic trip from there. I would like to visit also Copenhagen and Oslo.
      My plan to is to arrive in April / May. Just wondering if anybody would like to join me :) If yes just send me a message.
      Plus if you have any ideas what to see, what to do etc feel free to share

Thank you guys :)
      Miro

3 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Stockholm to Tallin Ferry

by nattybabe Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Hi all,

I'm just about to book the Stockholm to Tallin ferry and was wondering if anyone has done this before and has any advice as to which cabin is better as well as suggestions for whether to pre book food etc? I will be travelling alone and can't decide between an inside (EUR180) or outside (EUR230) cabin. Is an outside worth the extra cash? Never been on one of these ships so I have no idea!

Many thanks, Natalie

4 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 2:53 AM
    • HassanK's Profile Photo

travel to Ludvika

by HassanK Online Now Dec 17, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Can i travel by train to Ludvika ?

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM