change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• randyteh's Profile Photo

cheap taxis

by randyteh Online Now May 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM

what is the cost to get a mini van from the airport to Welcome hotel in Jarfalla?

more
    • Need suggestion and new friends :-)

by vatastala Online Now May 6, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Hi Virtual Tourists, nice to meet u :-)

I'm a 32-years old Italian boy who likes so much travels, I'm going to plan a journey in Stockolm from 26 to 29 of June 2015 and I'm looking for new friends to meet during the journey, and possibily suggestions for accomodations.

To be honest this is the first time for me in VirtualTourist site, I used and updated my world travels in another famous site, so I'm going to create my profile to set as much as possible informations about me and my travels. I'm a serious person who search only to see new places and do new experiences with friends, that's all!!! Also, I work and live in Rome in a nice house where I can host and reciprocate any trip with my friends around the world.

I work like Computer Engineer in a wonderful company in Rome, the first in Italy that follow Anglo-Saxon kind of company, and I'm very enthusiast for my work that gives me many many satisfacions. Because my origins are Sicilian, during my adolescence and my studies I worked like a DJ in many disco in Palermo (Sicily) so I like to experience night life and entertainment with friends.

I hope to find people who likes to share experiences with me, for any further question please contact me, I reply as soon as possible.

Thank you and have nice trip!!!

Vincent

more
    • special place/restaurant to celebrate birthday

by Reisehexe Online Now May 28, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I am looking for a special restaurant to celebrate birthday in Stockholm !
      should be something special with good food and special atmosphere!
      Thanks a lot !

more
    • special place/restaurant to celebrate birthday

by Reisehexe Online Now May 28, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I am looking for a special restaurant to celebrate birthday in Stockholm !
      should be something special with good food and special atmosphere!
      Thanks a lot !

6 Answers 38 minutes ago
    • randyteh's Profile Photo

cheap taxis

by randyteh Online Now May 7, 2015 at 11:06 AM

what is the cost to get a mini van from the airport to Welcome hotel in Jarfalla?

5 Answers May 9, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    • Need suggestion and new friends :-)

by vatastala Online Now May 6, 2015 at 6:42 AM

Hi Virtual Tourists, nice to meet u :-)

I'm a 32-years old Italian boy who likes so much travels, I'm going to plan a journey in Stockolm from 26 to 29 of June 2015 and I'm looking for new friends to meet during the journey, and possibily suggestions for accomodations.

To be honest this is the first time for me in VirtualTourist site, I used and updated my world travels in another famous site, so I'm going to create my profile to set as much as possible informations about me and my travels. I'm a serious person who search only to see new places and do new experiences with friends, that's all!!! Also, I work and live in Rome in a nice house where I can host and reciprocate any trip with my friends around the world.

I work like Computer Engineer in a wonderful company in Rome, the first in Italy that follow Anglo-Saxon kind of company, and I'm very enthusiast for my work that gives me many many satisfacions. Because my origins are Sicilian, during my adolescence and my studies I worked like a DJ in many disco in Palermo (Sicily) so I like to experience night life and entertainment with friends.

I hope to find people who likes to share experiences with me, for any further question please contact me, I reply as soon as possible.

Thank you and have nice trip!!!

Vincent

6 Answers May 7, 2015 at 12:22 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Stockholm for 2 days

by sandeepgarg Online Now Apr 29, 2015 at 9:57 PM

We are 9 of a family, including 1 Sr. Citizen 74 years, and 4 children (11, 12, 14, 18 year old).

Arrive in Stockholm by cruise, on the 30th May morning.

We are staying at the Radisson Blu Waterfront hotel. Should we proceed for some sight seeing from the cruise itself, before hotel check-in? How? How do we book minibus / van with English speaking driver / Guide?

What do we do and see for the 2 days 30th, and 31st May?

We fly to Bergen (Norway) on 1st June Morning. How to arrange transfer to airport also?

I know that these are a lot of questions, but please do help.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

day trip, what to see, transportation

by sihi Online Now Apr 24, 2015 at 1:56 AM

hi.

We will arrive to Stockholm by ferry Tallink and will have about 6 hours to spend in Stockholm.

Is port far from city centre? What are the easiest and cheapest ways to get there with 2 small children?
      What to see in stockholm, old town?
      Not expensive restaurants cafes?
      Polish cuisine?

Thanks

4 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • Advice on Stockholm Sweden

by ParisRogers Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I'm schedule to flight to Sweden during the month of April. I plan to meet as many ladies as possible during my visit. Not to sleep with but to have a great time. What's the best advice you can give a young professional African American on meeting women in Stockholm? What's clubs play jazz or r&b music?

16 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 7:02 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Want to see a moose

by heidstar Online Now Mar 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Australian that loves animals wants to see a moose!
      Done lots of research Skansen or gardsjo ( moose park) I am staying in sodermalm, I
      Early July...any tours someone can hell me with?

7 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 3:25 PM
    • Ramonribas's Profile Photo

A couple and our daughter 18 years old (3 people) visiting Stockholm and sorroundings

by Ramonribas Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Hi friends,
      We are a couple 50 years old from Barcelona (Spain) visiting Sweden next August 2015. We are planning to spend 7-8 nights. Our daughter 18 years old finally decided to join us. We would like to make a visit to Stockholm (3/4 days) and also visit another place/s not too far (Visby maybe?). We know all te "must" places to visit in Stockholm but where we can go the other 4 days? We are planning to rent a car.

4 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 2:00 AM
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Elderly Couple Visiting for first time

by jcourtnellsmith Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 6:54 AM

My wife and I are planning to visit from Scotland for a short break in July. We are not late nighters and we are looking for a hotel which serves dinner as well as breakfast. Or a hotel with a number of medium priced restaurants nearby. Also a location which gives easy access to Hop On Hop Off buses/boats/tourist attractions. Any advice would be appreciated.

6 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 12:33 PM
    • what area to stay in? Hotel suggestions?

by saltandvinegar Online Now Jan 27, 2015 at 10:19 AM

We will be staying in Stockholm in May. We would have already had a day from the cruise ship when we will probably visit the ship museum, but we are extending our stay for one night on our own. I have read about the many areas in Stockholm, but am not sure what would be the most central place to stay. We would like to visit the ice bar, sit at some local restaurants, and do some casual walking around. Any suggestions for best central area, and possibly a hotel suggestion?

4 Answers Jan 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM
    • ChrisSheena's Profile Photo

Stockholm at Christmas

by ChrisSheena Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

We are visiting Stockholm this Christmas for the first time. We only have two days unfortunately. Suggestions on how we best spend our time - things to see and what to do would be much appreciated. Thanks.
      Chris

2 Answers Dec 13, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • where is good for new years eve?

by KimberleyN Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM

2 single 30 year old ladies looking for drinks and dancing?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • Skavsta airport to Mornington Hotel, Nybrogatan Stockholm

by Ayfer Online Now Oct 22, 2014 at 5:11 AM

How do i get from Skavsta airport to Mornington Hotel, Nybrogatan Stockholm

2 Answers Apr 16, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    • 24 hour travelcard / ticket options

by RICHARD.AVIS Online Now Sep 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

I'm travelling to Stockholm on Saturday 27th August for the Speedway Grand Prix at Friends Arena;  arriving at Arlanda airport at 11.00 and returning the following day.  What is my best 24 hour return TravelCard / ticket option to Stockholm Central (for Hotel Terminus) and return from Central to Solna for the event  ? 

1 Answer Sep 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    • Swing Dancing Stockholm

by phelanmc Online Now Aug 9, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Hi, I will be in Stockholm for a week and would love to try a swing dancing night there - does anyone know of any places where they might do east coast swing or lindy hop lessons / social dancing ?? Thanks :)

• Card or sl only

by Trane88 Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Doing genealogy research in Stockholm. Wondering if we need Stockholm card as we will only do old palace, maybe hop on bus and under bridges tour? Maybe only transport card?
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 10:35 PM
    • Stockholm in August

by frederuco Online Now Aug 4, 2014 at 3:50 AM

I've read that in Stockholm, in August, there is no night life and funny places are desert because the locals go to the nearby islands on holyday. It is true?

Thankyou.

3 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • UP1995's Profile Photo

Travel in the Winter!

by UP1995 Online Now Jul 15, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Hello there.
      I'm thinking about going to see the Rise Against concert in November and enjoy to know the city.
      My question is that as this will be in the winter with there will be too cold (for a guy from Portugal) and if there is be something to see (some of the atractions may close and things like that).
      Best ragards,
      Carlos Leiras

13 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Locker sizes

by MariaPR Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Will my 32" x 20" x 13" suitcase (my largest) fit in a locker?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 7:58 AM
    • Airport to Pier

by craig.sexsmith Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Is it an issue getting a taxi to the cruise ship pier; and how much would it be?
      Thanks,
      Craig

2 Answers Jul 11, 2014 at 3:17 AM
    • Winter shoes/jackets

by jennapman Online Now Jul 2, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Hello! I will be in Stockholm from January to May and am curious as to what kind of shoes to have for the winter - something stylish but practical. I am a female college student. Tall, mid-calf or ankle? Any specific brands? Do I need waterproof shoes? Insulated? How many different pairs of shoes should I have? Any and all information is appreciated!! I come from southern California and am not familiar with winter weather at all.

Also any information you have on winter jackets would be great! Again, any specific brands, coat lengths, styles, and material would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM
    • day trip from Voxholm to Sandhamn

by kittycucumber0565 Online Now Jun 30, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Could anyone give me information of ferries between these two islands, or other day trips to other archipelago islands from Vaxholm where we'll be staying for two nights?
      Thank you for your help.

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    • Free Walking Tour of Stockholm

by vvp13_80 Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hello,

My cruise ship will arrive at Stockholm at 8:00 a.m., and I the disembarkation will be completed by 9:00 a.m. My airplane will be leaving from Stockholm Arlanda Airport at 1:05 p.m. I am looking to see if there are any 1-hour (or 2-hour at the longest) tours available which would enable me to get a glimpse at the city of Stockholm and some of its attractions. Either a walking or a bus tour would be fine, the only requirement is that I must be at the airport by 11 a.m. (or 11:30 a.m. at the latest). Any tour suggestions and resources would be welcomed. Thank you!

9 Answers Jul 1, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Stockholm in 3 Days

by dragonflylt Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 9:50 AM

should we get a pass or a stockholm card? It seems a bit confusing the difference between the two... Also- we definitely like to do the canal tour - is there a particular company that we should us? thank you for your time!

6 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Ticks in Stockholm parks?

by ontheroadagain1987 Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 4:45 AM

We're going to be in Stockholm in August and I was thinking about posting a request for information on finding a guide to help us see some of your local birds and migrants. But I just saw some older VT posts about disease-carrying ticks being a problem even in city parks, so now I'm getting more concerned about that. I had one episode of tick-borne disease years ago in the U.S. and don't want to go through that again. Anyone have any advice on repellants that work, etc.

5 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Romantic places to propose

by sandtheman Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I am coming to Stockholm for a long weekend fairly soon in June.

I am thinking of proposing to my girlfriend. Any suggestions of any romantic locations/ good views etc?!

Any suggestions much appreciated

4 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 10:52 PM
    • Best place to stay for study

by Blackrabbit Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Hi,
      I will start my Masters program this summer at DSV in Kista. Now I need to find a proper room to rent. I have read that in Kista there are mostly office buildings which doesn't make it very interesting to live there.
      Do you have any suggestions where the best place to live would be so the way to the university is not to far and I can still enjoy Stockholm a bit?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    • my ticket route ?

by drhalaelhadary Online Now May 24, 2014 at 11:52 AM

i reserved a ticket from the internet travelling from Stockholm C to Goteborg C
      the first part indicates that i will depart at 20.20 on buss 66479 and arrive sodertalje at 21.00 , the second part i will depart at 21.13 on train 479 and arrive Goteborg C at 00.35
      my questions are : 1- from where exactly this bus is taken

2- what if i couldnt arrive before the train departs because its very short time between the arrival of the bus to sodertalje and the departure of the train..

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Train Tickets On Swedish Railways

by fasterdog Online Now May 22, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I am trying to buy train tickets on the Swedish Railways website, www.sj.se and when I check the best buy calendar I notice I can buy tickets up to 13 weeks in advance, but not beyond 13 weeks. Have I got it right?

It looks like I have to book at least 6 or 7 weeks in advance to get the best prices. I didn't get this far yet, because my dates are beyond 13 weeks, but for my future information, what are the options for the tickets? Can I get electronic tickets emailed to me which I print out myself, or must I use the machine and collect the tickets in the station using my credit card?

8 Answers May 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    • Getting around on Djurgarden Island

by ontheroadagain1987 Online Now May 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We're going to be in Stockholm for two days in August and would like to spend some time on Djurgarden Island to see some of the birds and natural areas. Is there any public transportation on the island or is it small enough one could easily walk from one lake or nature site to another?

5 Answers May 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM