Stockholm Travel Answers

change location
leightonclifton's Profile Photo

Skavsta Airport to stockholm

by leightonclifton Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Hi

In a couple of weeks I am flying to skavsta airport

I didnt realise it was so far out of the city.

The bus is over an 1hr are there any quicker ways I see there is a train station 7km away but does this take just as long.

Thanks in response for any help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Skavsta Airport to stockholm

by Gili_S Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Yes, this airport is not in Stockholm but airlines call it that way otherwise no one would have use it and I assume it cost more for the bus or train trip to Stockholm then what you paid to fly to Sweden . I guess the only quicker way to get the Stockholm is by taxi if you can afford that.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

Re: Skavsta Airport to stockholm

by Sjalen Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Not really. The railway station you are talking about is Nyköping Central (as if Nyköping had others these days, tsss). See my Nyköping page if you want to know more about the historic but quiet town where the airport is. To get there from the airport means a ride on the 715 bus (not always that frequent) and then waiting for the Stockholm trains which stop running late evening (whilst Skavsta planes can arrive around midnight too). The train Nyköping-Stockholm is 1 hr 5 minutes (did it myself last Thursday again, haha) and you end up in the same part of Stockholm since the coach and rail stations are neighbours.

• Re: Skavsta Airport to stockholm

by dji86 Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I would say your best bet would be just to get the bus. I know its quite a time frame, but to get to the train station and then wait for a train, it could be a similar time. And you will have all the hastle as well!

myeuroguide.blogspot.com

hope ths helps,
    David

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines